1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin says Feiler will start at LG at camp

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Jun 23, 2020.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    the numbers are looking pretty thin at OT with Feiler potentially going to LG. AV, Chuks and Zach left at OT. While at G you have DD, Feiler, Wiz, Dotson. Gray is listed as OT on the steelers roster, but I thought he was more of a guard??

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We have a ton of good young depth in camp if this was a normal year. It's not. Banner doesn't have the mobility to play LT but he can play RT and some guard. Chuks and Gray have LT ability. They should be with Dotson and whiz the extra linemen on gameday. As I said though we have some good young depth across the board behind these guys if it was a typical year, so they may take longer now but watch for them in the future as the retirements start in the future. I do think Feiler needs signed long term at some point.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    They have got find a replacement for AV. Chuks isn't the guy. Not much time left with Ben so you gotta protect him.

4. Carlos de la Garza

Carlos de la Garza Member

Apr 20, 2020
    Wiesnieski is old, he is a superbowl champ with the chiefs but only played 200 snaps in the season i think so. Kevin Dotson have everything to be the left guard starter, have a good block, he is a truck when he blocks in the run and have a good foot game.And Feiler i think this can be the last season as a steeler, Chucks and Banner can do it better. Feiler allowed 7 sacks this season, that´s the double of Villanueva´s worst season. He made a good job but i think it´s not enough to deserve a contract the next year. Or we can see how good can Villanueva be in the left part of the o-line without Foster but talking about the Feiler´s contract, he need to make a really good work or he will leave the team like BJ Finney did.

5. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It's too bad there is no preseason games for these changes. I predict Fieller will be back at right tackle in a couple of games and either Wiesnieski or Dotson (natural guards) will be at left guard.

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    That is very possible. Wisniewski would be the obvious choice as the seasoned pro. Dotson is one for the future hopefully.

It all depends on how Chuks / Banner does at RT.

FWIW I think Feiler at LG would be a huge upgrade over Ramon Foster and should make life easier for AV and Pouncey on either side of him.

• Agree Agree x 1