1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin presser today some highlights…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 18, 2022.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree. OL in the first and then grab one of the quarterbacks who will inevitably fall into the 2nd round, maybe Howell or Willis.

2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Burrow is better than Allen already. It's pretty incredible what he did behind that OL.

Wilson is also better than Allen. He played hurt (when we beat Seattle warly in the year Wilson was already hurt) and had a strong season.

Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, and Burrow are better for sure.

Allen threw 14 INT and fumbled 8 times. He plays so much like Ben. I think Allen will be top 5 (especially after Brady retires) but he's not there yet. Stafford, Prescott and Herbert are all arguably better than Allen.

3. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    You're absolutely right. Most of the "experts" thought Josh Rosen was a franchise QB. Same thing for Manziel.

If you look back at the draft usually 1-2 franchise QBs come out in a year and usually as a top 15 pick.

If you don't take some swings you can't get a hit.

Best thing to increase the odds of getting a franchise QB is to move up in the draft to top 10. Hopefully the Steelers consider that going forward and amass draft capital. Keeping Canada as OC helps a lot in the draft order also.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Quarterbacks can put up big numbers in college and still not be a great passer in the NFL. Young was certainly on bad teams in Tampa, but he was part of the reason they were bad. Whatever the reason, he was not an effective passer on a consistent basis until well into his time with the 49ers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Wilson was not as good as Allen this year. Maybe he bounces back all the way back at 34. Maybe.

I think Rodgers, Mahomes, and Brady are a top tier, with Burrow, Herbert, Allen, and Stafford in the next tier of comparable guys. I would take all of them ahead of Prescott and Wilson.

Roethlisberger was never the runner that Allen is now, though maybe he could have been if he tried.