1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin presser…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Jan 9, 2023.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    As expected he didn’t say much.

-Said he thought Canada got better as the season went along and he was encouraged. At the same time didn’t give him a huge endorsement either that he will definitely be back. Getting better and encouraging in my opinion is not good enough and is not going to get you to the confetti game as Tomlin likes to say.

-Mentioned Brian Flores was asked about a coordinator position which appears to be the Browns now that they have fired their coordinator. I would expect Flores not to be back next year.

Said he expects Cam Heyward back and that Pickett is their QB 1 and doesn’t like putting the tag franchise QB on anybody.

When asked about Devin Bush he didn’t really say anything positive or anything that leads you to believe he will be back next season

-Good news on Friermuth he has an MCL sprain and a non-surgical injury

-Tomlin mentioned something about their business model still working better then others which I thought leaves a lot to be desired. Don’t know what he meant by this but if he is suggesting that he thinks being competitive and finishes 9-8 is a good thing then that’s not something I or many others want to hear.

-Tomlin was asked if he still has a desire to win and compete and he answered highly and more so then ever now so that tells me that Tomlin is going nowhere anytime soon.

So overall pretty much what I expected to hear a lot of non-committal answers to questions not even 24 hours removed from the game yesterday. Will be an interesting off-season to see how all these things unfold. Changes must be made in a lot of areas if this team wants to get back to competing for Super Bowls which is what really matters at the end of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    great news on 88!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    His post game was a mixed bag and I wanted to scream answer the damn question in a way that doesn't cause me to want to gnaw my leg off in an attempt to save humanity.

4. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    You would gnaw your leg off in order to save humanity??????? Not sure it's worth it!!!

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah, my main concern, was Muth! The rest of the stuff will take time and work itself out.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    "-Tomlin was asked if he still has a desire to win and compete"

What kind of idiot journalist would ask such a dumb question?:facepalm:

Somehow, I can hear Mark Madden asking that.