1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin Press Conference Wednesday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel_Elvis, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    if tomlin has not seen the issues with his coordinators to this point what makes anyone think he's going to suddenly wake up and get new ones? He has been a decent coach. Not a great one a decent one. He will get into Canton with all the post season failures. He's arrogant and thinks he's smarter than anyone else. He will be here as long as he wants to be here. The woke Rooney's will keep him safe. We just need to get used to it and move on and keep accepting these late season collapses. After all he has never had a losing season. When Ben goes then the Steelers go. It will be along horrible road back to respectability when that happens. So no more Tomlin threads it's not worth it. I'm just tired of the "never had a losing season" How about a playoff win?

2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Maybe Rooney should hire two new coordinators himself. If Tomlin and Ben don't like it, they know where the door is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My memory it’s slipping too, they didn’t shoot a video, they were planning one and setting it up. Inspired by the Bears SB shuffle video in 85.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...-in-good-things-gone-bad/stories/200501210246

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Says who?

Steelers were favored by 5 1/2 over the Browns

Steelers were favored by 9 1/2 over the Chargers.

Everyone expected the Steelers to beat the Chargers, can’t say the same for the Browns game with the way the Steelers played the last month. I was barely even mad at the Browns loss because of that, the last month prepared me for it.

5. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You said “most embarrassing” loss, not “worst” loss.

This one was freaking embarrassing after almost beating them in Cleveland with some key starters resting. It was a pure joke of a performance, and I had friends giving me :poopy: over it for days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    (Cref interview with pacman)

8. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Change is a part of our business. So I’ll acknowledge the possibility for that. We’re just beginning the process of having those types of meaty discussions. They usually produce changes or non-changes.
    Apocryphal.... Would you rather have a head coach who talks and says nothing or a coach (BB) that says nothing at all?

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I dont mind if Tomlin is coaching the Steelers the next season I just really want him to stay home on gamedays.

10. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    This team has played losing football for almost two months, did you think they were just gonna flip the switch and the pathetic play was just gonna end?
    The 94 team had a great young coach with way better coordinators , Who already had some playoff wins playing at home being a favorite one win from the super bowl.
    This is a no brainer if you lived this **** back in 94' jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Keep dreaming, they aren't going to trade for Watson.

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You don't know what the heck you're talking about, that Chargers team was one of the worst SB teams ever, the Browns are better than them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Well when you turn the ball over 5 times, you're probably going to suffer a embarrassing loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    Stan Humphries threw 17 td's and twelve picks in 94,not exactly eye popping stats. And we had an absolute stacked defense in their prime looking back now. Woodson ,LLoyd ,Green,Lake,Perry,Seals Chad brown,Gildon,Kirkland

• Like Like x 2
  15. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    Browns for sure have a better offense!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    U know what makes me laugh about this..and stuff like this? People act like mobile QBs or running QBs just started coming in2 the league. I can't remember when there wasn't any. Like I said be4 , a big difference between a Running Qb, and a Qb that can run. Also not knocking your post , just using it ....cause u were talking about the Qbs

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If you watch alot of football, most young QBs run in their 1st couple years in the NFL, at least more than they do later. Hell Ben use 2 run or scramble alot. Most do it cause they don't see the field as well at 1st. Some never quit cause they never can see the field fast enuff

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He went 2 Carolina, I believe ....retired before start of the season

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's cause he almost fell 2 the 2nd round

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If we are talking strictly embarrassing, then the Tebow was the most embarrassing playoff loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Kordell Stewart anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not talking about whether they do or don't run. I'm talking about whether they have the ability to do so or whether they are a statue like Rivers, Brady, Manning, etc. The true pocket passers like Brady are a dying breed. NFL scouts realize how dangerous a QB can be if he has ability in his arm and legs. Guys like Mahomes and Rodgers can run quite well, although they generally only do so when forced or if there's a lot of green in front of them. The point is, a guy that can run and throw is preferable to a guy that can only throw, and that's the direction the league is heading.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    My apologies, should have posted in green.

• Like Like x 1
  24. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    POINT PROVEN....stop him from running all over the place and he's just average. As soon as the Ravens arent playing with the lead, Lamars shortcomings are magnified!!!

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    HMMMM i wonder who is responsible for this

Cameron Heyward Attributes Playoff Struggles To ‘Not Being Ready’