1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin owns every bit of this lousy performance.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 14, 2021.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    oh ok guess that means we are good? Lol

2. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Ok first of all we didn't adjust anything to stop the Lions running the ball down our throat, the Lions lost the third tackle they were using to overload the line.
    Bush is terrible at tackling even with the injury recovery when he is in position he just doesn't tackle well enough for a first rd pick.
    Minkah isn't much better , why he has to try and tackle around the shoulders and is shy to cut a runners legs out from under him.
    Heyward, Watt, Highsmith, Edmunds, Pierre and Norwood are the few defensive players who can tackle effectively.
    When Watt went down you could see Heyward addressing the defensive players on the field, that guy is a superb leader.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    You talk as if any QB out there can overcome 3 turnovers. Seriously?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    So much for guarantee's.

5. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Schobert played for the Browns and Jaguars (not exactly well coached teams). Sooooo the Steelers are the worst team in the league at taking their job seriously. Pretty much what I suspected over the years. Bell showed up late to a playoff game and skipped a walk through the day before. No discipline on any players

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I've seen enough of our coordinators. We get 1st and 5 off a penalty and run some trick play that losses 5 yards and now it's 2nd and 10. Teams run it down our throat and it takes a quarter or two for us to adjust. This all starts with the coach of course.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was going with You until I seen you mention Edmunds. Go back and watch the Lions Td....tell me how well Edmunds is tackling. Better yet Watch the game ....just when We play D, and only focus on Edmunds....Yes He had 2 great tackles today.....the rest $h!+....sorry I'm :beathorse:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh trust me I am aware of this; my statements regarding the amount of blame Tomlin and the coaches have being a major point.

Regarding Mason, agreed. That said, here is hoping that Matt Canada's Offense can function when "the guy" appears more smoothly. So far, some severe highs and lows of what has been shown thus far.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Someone get Me the pic of Edmunds watching the Lions score today. It was comical. Well if it wasn't the first time. It's like He just shuts down.

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Devin Bush has stated "hold my beer" thus far all season in comparison to Edmunds.

Oddly enough though, according to Pro Football Reference, Terrell Edmunds has a higher missed tackle percentile than Bush; 10.8% vs. 8.3%. Regardless, tackle attempts like this one are really bad; Bush, Edmunds or otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How You get that?? I have the game, but I don't know how 2 make those. I'd like 2 make one of the Td....it's not Edmunds not making a tackle...is Him standing right there watching happen.

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    For as much as you don't give a crap, you sure seem to love to beeyotch a lot about people who beeyotch about Tomlin. You MTAS apologists are a joke.

13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Use this link here.

As for the creator, it is Dave Bryan of Steelers Depot. As for Edmunds, I can imagine there are plenty of .GIFs of him whiffing tackles.

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thank You:thumbs_up:

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

I just think it is safe to say that, for a game that was well within winning, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory was a constant today. A shame really as today's win could have done some real good. Alas, time is to move on; moving on to facing a Los Angeles Chargers team who is going to be pretty upset given the fact that they too have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory today.

I suppose then the real season for the 2021 Pittsburgh Steelers will begin next week. Here is hoping Big Ben plays as Mason sadly is not it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Which one of those teams were 0-8? Or for that matter 0-12 going back to last December? Oh yeah, that's right, none of them. The Steelers looked like smashed azzholes against the worst team in the league. Not a bad team - the WORST team.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry, AQL, I wasn’t addressing that to you specifically, I just meant in general.

I agree with your thoughts on Canada.

18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I understand!! My post was not clear enough and thought it needed a bit more explanation. Keep in mind that, after seeing the game, I.... well... let us just say a couple of cold ones never hurt!! :lolol::drinks:

Always in moderation though!! At any point, all that can be taken away from this game is the hope and pray T.J. Watt is not out long term.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That wasn't a safety. It wasn't even close. There is plenty to criticize in this game, but Tomlin was right not to challenge that play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The difference there is where the ball was thrown. The throws by the Bears went right to the sideline. The throw to Freiermuth was too far from the sideline. Maybe that was bad design. Maybe that was Rudolph not having a strong enough arm. Maybe both.

21. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This team has no heart, decipline or identity for that matter!! Embarrasing!!

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I can name you only a handful of exceptions, but Cowher's teams hardly ever played down to inferior opponents.

Cowher's teams stepped on inferior teams' throats and ended it by halftime.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Says the clown who waits until the team loses to start posting the same material over and over :rolleyes:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I'm no Tomlin apologist by any means but that statement is just flat out false.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They also just found out the night before their QB couldn't play.