1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin not among the finalist for COY

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 25, 2023 at 10:09 AM.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That was Toney 2nd season with Giants wasn't it???
    I believe it was, and no tds scored until He played in KC.
    It's simple Real Qbs...You don't have to go out , and get proven Wrs for. Less then Qbs... You do. I know people don't want to believe this, but it's facts, or history.
    Do people just think the Great Qbs teams magically just draft Great Wrs all the time. LoL.
    I could bring up Ben, Manning, Rodgers, and others, but I will just stay with today's Qbs.....what proven, brought in Wrs does Mahomes, and Burrow need. Hell Mahomes just had His best Wr leave, and He's going to AFC Championship with others cast offs. Burrow's wrs are all drafted.
    Lesser Qbs teams just can't seem to find great wrs. LoL. Magically.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He played in two games this season for them, 3 targets. 10 games in his first season, 53 targets. He’s been injury prone his first two seasons.

He didn’t set the world on fire with KC, 7 games, 171 yards two TD’s.

I don’t know why you think pointing out that Jones isnt a good QB helps your argument against Daboll.

But I dont agree with you anyway. You make it sound like Jerry Rice would have sucked without Montana. All the greats had elite talent to throw to, it works in tandem, help each other look good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    KFP should be a finalist for AFC rookie of the year

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    #Eagles HC Nick Sirianni - led the league in wins on a team that wasn't expected to do so.
    #Giants HC Brian Daboll - put the G-men back into winning games, very impressive, but the last half of the season wasn't as good.
    #Jaguars HC Doug Pederson - Great turnaround, but sucked to begin season.
    #49ers HC Kyle Shanahan - started off bad, ended great even with 3 quarterbacks.
    #Bills HC Sean McDermott - frankly, I think he didn't do as well as expected. Now, stuff happens and he could have been the 1 seed. But what if they finished that game against the Bungles and lost the way they did in the playoffs? I think he's lucky to be in this conversation.

I'm surprised the coach of the Lions didn't get a nod. Sure, they didn't make the playoffs, but they had the most remarkable turnaround.

• Like Like x 2
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Maybe the jets can get Tomlin over the hump next season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm saying Highsmith's lack of production while TJ was out will play a big part (or should) if he comes asking anything above market.

You know what Highsmith reminds me of? He reminds me of JuJu with AB on the other side. Not the same JuJu when AB was gone. The falloff was significant (imo). I need a Higgins w/o the Chase or a CeeDee w/o the Cooper. Producing like a #1 even tho the #1 isnt around. I didnt see that with Highsmith. I don't doubt he won't get paid but the Steelers should not overpay for him.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023 at 3:20 AM
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Did they bring Jerry Rice in , or was He drafted??? Thanks for agreeing.

8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just pick whoever survives past this weekend.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Your posts are very confusing so I actually have no idea what your point is :lolol:

I thought you were saying great QB’s make the WR and don’t need talent. I think that is your point and you just confused yourself with your own post.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    But…do any of those coaches have SIXTEEN NON-LOSING SEASONS? I think not! :nono:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  13. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I said (You know this) the great Qbs don't need there teams to go out ,and get for sure already made players , and You brought up Jerry Rice, and Montana, and I said they drafted Jerry Rice....therefore they didn't go get a already made wrs. So You validate what I said.
    Simple :thumbs_up: