1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin not among the finalist for COY

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 25, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That was Toney 2nd season with Giants wasn't it???
    I believe it was, and no tds scored until He played in KC.
    It's simple Real Qbs...You don't have to go out , and get proven Wrs for. Less then Qbs... You do. I know people don't want to believe this, but it's facts, or history.
    Do people just think the Great Qbs teams magically just draft Great Wrs all the time. LoL.
    I could bring up Ben, Manning, Rodgers, and others, but I will just stay with today's Qbs.....what proven, brought in Wrs does Mahomes, and Burrow need. Hell Mahomes just had His best Wr leave, and He's going to AFC Championship with others cast offs. Burrow's wrs are all drafted.
    Lesser Qbs teams just can't seem to find great wrs. LoL. Magically.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He played in two games this season for them, 3 targets. 10 games in his first season, 53 targets. He’s been injury prone his first two seasons.

He didn’t set the world on fire with KC, 7 games, 171 yards two TD’s.

I don’t know why you think pointing out that Jones isnt a good QB helps your argument against Daboll.

But I dont agree with you anyway. You make it sound like Jerry Rice would have sucked without Montana. All the greats had elite talent to throw to, it works in tandem, help each other look good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    KFP should be a finalist for AFC rookie of the year

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    #Eagles HC Nick Sirianni - led the league in wins on a team that wasn't expected to do so.
    #Giants HC Brian Daboll - put the G-men back into winning games, very impressive, but the last half of the season wasn't as good.
    #Jaguars HC Doug Pederson - Great turnaround, but sucked to begin season.
    #49ers HC Kyle Shanahan - started off bad, ended great even with 3 quarterbacks.
    #Bills HC Sean McDermott - frankly, I think he didn't do as well as expected. Now, stuff happens and he could have been the 1 seed. But what if they finished that game against the Bungles and lost the way they did in the playoffs? I think he's lucky to be in this conversation.

I'm surprised the coach of the Lions didn't get a nod. Sure, they didn't make the playoffs, but they had the most remarkable turnaround.

• Like Like x 2
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Maybe the jets can get Tomlin over the hump next season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm saying Highsmith's lack of production while TJ was out will play a big part (or should) if he comes asking anything above market.

You know what Highsmith reminds me of? He reminds me of JuJu with AB on the other side. Not the same JuJu when AB was gone. The falloff was significant (imo). I need a Higgins w/o the Chase or a CeeDee w/o the Cooper. Producing like a #1 even tho the #1 isnt around. I didnt see that with Highsmith. I don't doubt he won't get paid but the Steelers should not overpay for him.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Did they bring Jerry Rice in , or was He drafted??? Thanks for agreeing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just pick whoever survives past this weekend.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Your posts are very confusing so I actually have no idea what your point is :lolol:

I thought you were saying great QB’s make the WR and don’t need talent. I think that is your point and you just confused yourself with your own post.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    But…do any of those coaches have SIXTEEN NON-LOSING SEASONS? I think not! :nono:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Peterson or Daboll

13. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Has to be Pederson

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I said (You know this) the great Qbs don't need their teams to go out ,and get for sure already made players , and You brought up Jerry Rice, and Montana, and I said they drafted Jerry Rice....therefore they didn't go get a already made wrs. So You validate what I said.
    Simple :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  15. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Tomlin is not a finalist for C.O.Y., not should he be..... Granted, he should get as much credit for the 2nd half turnaround as he got heat for the 1st half collapse, but just maintaining status quo and not not qualifying for the 2nd season just doesn't cut it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Well COY is not based on playoffs in that season. It surely might be a part of the vote if your team made them..or not, and I think making them certainly is a bench mark, however also seeing what a HC has overcome from where a team has been. Campbell and Pederson deserve consideration for that alone (and the performance of their teams).

In '76 the Steelers just came off 2 SB wisn, started 1-4 and then went on an unbelievable defensive run, with a rookie QB. That they made the play offs is unreal, the way they did it is I would say the best performance in NFL history...jmh homer opinion lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Let’s backup because I dont know what any of this has to do with Daboll doing a great job with minimal talent outside of Barkley.

He doesn’t have receivers and he doesn’t have a QB that can lift up those average receivers so how exactly has Daboll not done a great job?

18. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Mick McDaniel limping into playoffs with 3rd string rookie QB, and playing Bills tough in playoff loss. He has to be considered.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You wait too long before you reply, and now I forgot. LoL :lolol::hmm:
    I know I had something relating it all,or tying it all together. I just don't remember what now. LoL.
    So I will give You the win for now....here.....You go...

20. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
  21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he should not have been, the cheerleaders here were were way out over their ski tips in exuberance.

22. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Jimmy Johnson in 1990 with a 7-9 record,he won the COY

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    My choice is Shanahan or Daboll

24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    A lot of you saying Pederson, but he's got a talented roster as well and they were supposed to be up and coming last year with their high draft picks.

They finished with the exact same record as the Steelers and only got in because they won their crappy division and hosted a playoff game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They had the same exact record as the Steelers and hosted a playoff game. They only got in because of a crappy division.

9 wins hasn't won the north since 1990!

• Agree Agree x 1