1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin might have outdone himself

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Oct 31, 2021.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Maybe the worst play decision he’s ever made? The season could be on the line and you do that? Wow. Not sure how you win a game after getting your kicker killed? Especially when you cant score td’s.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lip02

Lip02 Active Member

Oct 31, 2021
    Just a stupid call!!

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    tomlin sucks

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    no, this deserves it's own thread. what an idiot

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, we looked

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I agree this does deserve it's own thread. Sometimes the things Tomlin does are beyond comprehension. Asinine stupidity.

I'm glad we won. I wouldn't be surprised if Boswell is out next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    People whine about the Steelers being predictable and when they’re aggressive and unpredictable the same people whine.

I’m only happy when it’s raining.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    The entire last 4 plays there

Jusr run it twice n prob 3rd n short
    AND TAKE THE FG n keep your kicker healthy

Just a travesty sham.n mockery

A travashamockery

Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    lol. Thats like saying he should punt it on first downs… they will never expect it!

…”oh you don’t like punting on first downs? Nothing is gonna make you happy! “.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I will have some of what you’re drinking.

Some of y’all just ***** for the sake of bitching. Y’all will go to asinine lengths to find something to ***** about. You have no idea how good we have it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    You’re clearly drinking rubbing alcohol if you think that was a reasonably decent play call in a 3-3 game .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have seen it all now.

15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    i have absolutely no problems taking a shot in the first half. I don’t like the result. I don’t like that boz held onto the ball. I don’t like that boz took a helmet to helmet hit. I don’t like that the refs didn’t throw a flag on the play. Again. Absolutely no problem with being aggressive and taking a shot. It didn’t work it happens, but if it had worked y’all still would have bitched. There shouldn’t be the slightest doubt in anyone’s mind about that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015

If bos throws a td Id be the first to say that was a stupid play call. Cause you dont run fake fg’s early in a 3-3 game . But also mostly you’re more likely to end up with the results we just witnessed. Not to mention exposing the best kicker in the league to getting killed . A stupid play is a stupid play no matter the results. It was a browns move . Thats what loser teams do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    They won by scoring TD's. Your prediction ranks right up there with his play call...bad.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We have it great all things considered (there are plenty of franchises that would trade us)... but we can complain about it. It has merit. He tries this weird fake FG when we could just take the lead and momentum into the half *with us set to receive the second half kickoff*, but then punts on 4th and less than a yard near midfield in the 4th quarter of a playoff game down multiple scores. Its bone-headed. He has a history of poor situational coaching and it needs to be mentioned when it happens.

I know Tomlin isn't the worst coach in the league by a long shot... but you cant deny that some of our underachievement in the late 2010's is Tomlin related. So is the odd record against sub .500 teams. I mean, we've gone back to back home playoff games not even showing up until the second quarter. That's on the coaching staff. Either we weren't ready to play, or we were so far out coached that it took us a while to get our feet under us. Either way is unacceptable.

I get standing up for Tomlin, bc he takes too much heat as a "garbage coach" or "worst coach in the league". Neither of those things are true. However, the merits of the criticism are more than fair.

19. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Unless it worked, then it was a great call. Don't even argue that it wouldn't be called great if it worked, because you know it would have.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Best kicker in the league plays for the rats. Sadly it’s been that way for a while. Boz is very good and I’m glad we have him, but he’s not the best. Just ours. Kudos to you for actually admitting to bitching for the sake of bitching

• Like Like x 2
  21. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    We used to have a plan B for this scenario. Typically, a WR, a holder, or even a QB practices kicks for the just in case scenario. Teams can’t carry back up kickers the roster spots are just too valuable I even remember Ben practicing some kicks back in the day. Then Randall El and our holder could pull double duty in a pinch. Point being, we should have a Plan B before it happens and that’s staffing|coaching.

22. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    when I see a colossal bone head mistake… Im gonna say wtf . The fact that you think that was a good call is hilarious to me . I forget we have fans that don’t understand the game . Not just a Bengals or Browns thing. Lol

I’ll give you the ratbirds kicker argument but Bos is having one of the best starts so far this season and he’s a stud when he’s not suffering brain damage.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually the Browns lost

We won

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    That's how fake ST plays work. You're a genius if it works, and a goat if it doesn't. Situationally it was super dumb. Idc if we run a fake and it fails. Sometimes you gotta try them. We needed the points, the lead, and the momentum going into the second half where we started with the ball... instead we scrubbed the points and the momentum away. It was Dumb. Capital D.

25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Reading is fundamental

I didn’t say it was a good call. I said I have no problem with being aggressive and unpredictable. Everyone knows it’s only a good call if it works. :lolol:
    The fact that you’re afraid to color outside the lines is proof positive you don’t know as much as you think.