1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin Keeping Offensive Starters In Game Late In Blowouts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelTerp, Jan 8, 2017.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Hopefully it's not serious, but either way what's done is done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    With 4 minutes and change left in a game like that, doesn`t just about every head coach in the NFL tell his OC, "we have the game, keep it on the ground."

But ""we do not live in our fears" until they are realized and they very well may have. We all know Ben plays worse when he is dinged up.

I put this possible debacle on Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    upload_2017-1-8_18-32-22.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Lots of coaches leave the starting QB in. It's on Ben for playing 'backyard QB' in that situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    ohhhhhh
    Blast furnace is gonna......

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I know this much, Matt Moore earned my respect today. He's a tough guy and a pretty dang good quarterback. Wonder if he can play TE?

7. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    No need to panic the Steelers have LJones.

8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Nancy Sinatra...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    This is just some gamesmanship on Bens part. Let KC think he's wounded. Why even take a chance on passing? Just turn around and hand it to Williams he needs the reps anyways. Should be a smack on the hand for whoever made that call.

10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We hear that a lot but does that kind of gamesmanship even work? You know they're preparing for a healthy Ben.

11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    So you are saying if Tomlin tells Haley keep it on the ground, it would only be a suggestion and Ben is a loose cannon?

That is one sad situation if it really happened. What actually happened is Tomlin did not take charge like he should and just hopes nobody will do something stupid instead of taking charge. Too much a "hands off" coach. It was obvious he should have ordered nothing but hand-offs to finish that game. At the least, Haley should say it if Tomlin is totally out of the loop on offensive play calls.

It was a management failure and Tomlin is ultimately responsible.

12. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Probably not but you never know. Honestly I'm just trying to not remember that he wasn't pulled sooner. Glass half full kind of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

It wasn't Suh...

14. Guest

Guest Guest

15. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Ben isn't really able to be close to 100% next week at KC and it compromises our chances of winning in a very tough environment, then I am absolutely done with Tomlin AND Haley! There is absolutely ZERO reason for Ben or most of the other starters to be in the game up 18 with 4 minutes to play!!! That's just plain ignorance and stupidity!! Ben is to also blame as well. Either throw the damn ball away OR don't scramble, just fall down OR how about this Ben, take yourself out of the game!! Wasn't it you after the Ravens game that said some guys should sit out against Cleveland with their bumps and bruises??? I mean, if you are going to have Ben and most of the starters in this game up 18 with 4 minutes to go, then why rest against Cleveland???? This really pisses me off if Ben is compromised in the KC against a VERY good KC defense!!! If the Steelers lose at KC and it's apparent that Ben's injury was a contributing factor, I would send both Tomlin and Haley packing.....F*&$ That!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn I'm pissed!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Landry Jones could've handed it off twice and then throw an int. Game was over

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Ben doesn't play well when he's hurt. Totally inexcusable to be out there during that time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    F*&$ing morons for Ben being in the game!!!!! Our chances of a win AT KC with that team and crowd, just got reduced dramatically!!! Thanks coach Tomlin and Haley your frickin' morons!!!!!!!

19. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    breathe

20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nobody will ever accuse us of being one of the smarter teams....but we have lots of talent and I hope it's enough to overcome our bonehead decisions and stubbornness.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He'll play and he'll be fine. If we lose, it won't be because he twisted an ankle today. That said, it was stupid for a multitude of folks to be in the game through the the 4th

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Its not serious. After game he ran off of field without even so much as a limp. Pretty confident the boot was for precautionary reasons

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    dobbler, you have no idea if he will be fine. I'm betting on him playing, but being limited and that is a real problem against the Chiefs. Roethlisberger is going to have to play better next week than he did today for the Steelers to advance.

24. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    You're right... What do I know. I've seen him flat and I've seen him legendary after injuries. He'll play and I presume he'll be fine. I also stated that I think it was stupid for him to be in at that point. Feel better?

Can't change what happened, can't change the fact he refuses to play the odds and just chuck the damn ball. Is what it is, ben is a gun slinger and prefers to force unnecessary **** when he does not need too. Just like his coach who chooses not to tell him to sit when he needs too.

The pats don't do it either... Blame bellycheat for the copycat.

Truth is, it's football and a play here or there can be the end. Regardless if their staff is to stupid to make a smart choice or not, it's done with and here we GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    This is exactly why Tomlin gets heat. Newsflash: HE is the coach, Ben is a PLAYER...THE COACH needs to make the decision to keep his a** off the field at that point! I don't give a damn if it's Ben, Tom Brady, or Jesus Christ...Tomlin should NOT have had him out there at that point, period!

• Agree Agree x 1