1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin gets extended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jun 10, 2024.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Like I said, 2006 was nowhere near as awful as 2009. It's not even close. And yes, Cowher made a mistake by letting Ben play too early. That decision pretty much cost the Steelers the playoffs. Batch could have won some of those games that were lost. But hey.... Tomlin unleashed hell in 2009. Genius.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I wonder if there’s any speculation in that post.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm seeing that we make it to the playoffs most of the time....no matter what happens.....half the D goes down....still make the playoffs....Qbs go down .....still make the playoffs.....same stuff that happens to other teams, and they don't make the playoffs, but people give them excuses.....well they lost so, and so.....yet with a HC that many think sucks....we still make it to the playoffs.....it's not Steelers magic they just sprinkle on, and we magically make it to the playoffs.....common sense would say He is doing something correctly. Honestly think of How many times we've made it to the playoffs with problems, and injuries that others give excuses why other teams don't make it.
    Again there is really only two steps.....Win enough to make the playoffs, and win enough to make the SB. There is no in between....again ask the Bills, and the Packers for example....they win a playoff a year almost....how many SBs has that brought them??.....I believe some just want playoff wins for some bragging right....because that all it is.....you can win one, and two playoff games a year, and never reach a SB.....they don't add up , and accumulate into SBs. Making the playoffs gives You as much a chance as any that don't make it to the SB. You think the HC of the Bills will be happy at the end of His career, and say....well at least we won playoff games....yes we never went to the SB, but we won playoff games. LoL

• Like Like x 3
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Is that who won??? LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    People stop comparing Noll with Cowher, or Tomlin.
    I Love Noll .....He is a legend, a great man, and the 1st HC I have rooted for, but You can't compare what he did to what Cowher, or Tomlin did, or do. We don't have any Idea of how He would have handled the free agency as it's been since 1992, or was it 1993???
    He brought 4 SBs, and many HOF players, and let's leave it at that, but to say what he would do in the current NFL free agency is just guessing.

6. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Bragging rights? Are these people 12?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's a cherry picked stat.....why... because You are not showing that some that have won a playoff game in that time have.....
    1. It was their only playoff win ever
    2. Have never won another
    3. Aren't even HCs anymore. Context, and critical thinking real do matter......what do I care if a HC has won a playoff game in that time....yet never won another, and got fired.......
    Example
    Here is one for You......Mitch Trubisky until this year had the same playoff record as Lamar Jackson.....so by Your thoughts, and what You said .....Trubisky is just as good as Lamar Jackson. See where stupid cherry picked stats don't measure up to critical thinking. Try it sometimes. I know it's hard for the younger guys....because You are so used to twitter/X, and other things telling You what to think.

• Like Like x 2
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Well... Trubisky is not overrated like LJ. Where's footballanalyst98 to tell us how great Lamar is? :lolol:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Trubisky never won a playoff game....Jackson won a playoff game in 2020 vs titans.....I know that Lamar suck in the playoffs but he is still a much better QB that you think....same for Josh Allen and some other QB who can run and pass

10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    It’s a team sport! You keep using these asinine stats to bolster your argument. They don’t

11. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I know this is a team sport but I was responded to the one who said that Trubisky had the same playoff record that Lamar before last year...This is not true.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think he somehow missed 2020. Jackson's teams lost the first two games he played in the playoffs, just as Trubisky's did. Trubisky just never got another opportunity, though his playoff numbers were surprisingly decent. We could compare playoff interceptions. Jackson has six. Trubisky has none.

This is all to illustrate the silliness of the comparison, by the way, not to downgrade Jackson or defend Trubisky.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Actually it is true. Trubisky won one playoff game with the bears and Jackson prior to this year had won one playoff game with the ravens

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    When Trubisky won a playoffs game?

Mitchell Trubisky Career Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Unless you want to give credit for the playoffs win that Trubisky had as backup in 2021 with the Bills but of course it was not with the bears!

sometimes this is too easy

• Like Like x 1
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Trubisky could not WASH Lamar's jock.

pls find the IGNORE button to ANY CLOWN that would state otherwise

16. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Orange you happy

17. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    goes down
    goes down
    sucks
    sprinkles

Got it.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Fact: you can’t win a playoff game unless you first make the playoffs.
    Fact: you can’t win a second playoff game if you don’t win your first playoff game.
    Fact: you can’t get to the Super Bowl without winning 2 or 3 playoff games (depending on whether you get a bye).
    You can’t win if you don’t play.

Bottom line: teams like the Bills and Packers that you referenced won playoff games and still had a chance to win the ultimate prize after the first weekend of the playoffs, and their fans were still excited for the next game while Steelers fans were looking to the draft.

Let me try this Scribe-style: I’m sorry you aren’t logical enough to see the difference.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Nobody stated otherwise. The comparison was used as a way to point out the flaws in a particular argument.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Scribe style: I am smart and you are dumb. Do better!

21. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    When Strummer said that I was like when the hell did the Bears win a playoff game?

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This is why you shouldn't imitate me. You lack the skill to do it properly.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I would have phrased it a little differently, but not bad. :)

24. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    The D Bag skill. I’m sure your mother would be proud ;)

25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You're just jelly, man.