1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin gets extended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I wonder if you guys really believe MT is actually a bad HC, or just frustrated with the lack of playoff success. They are not the same thing.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
  3. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Your trolling is getting too predictable. There's nothing more I need to argue. The word salad you came back with was a flailing mess filled with your normal shenanigans: restating 'facts' that have been shown shown to be untrue/inconclusive/irrelevant, slandering the person challenging your viewpoint, then gaslighting them when they call you out for your own juvenile behavior. And when they've had enough of your nonsense and walk away you claim victory.

It's a child's behavior, and you've been asked repeatedly to knock it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    main-qimg-fbc449565da06e3fd535731b32e6ff23-lq.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Well, they kind of go hand in hand

6. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I think what goes hand in hand is that coaches design a gameplan, players have to go execute it. And do not forget there are always really good players on the other side trying to stop you. It's never linear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You should know better. It’s always the coach’s fault. If a qb throws an interception it’s the coach’s fault. If someone fumbles it’s on the coach.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    There was that game where Cam Sutton drops an INT that would have pretty much sealed the game, but Tomlin made him drop it so the outcome would be in doubt.

:goofy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    If head coach isn't that important, what was the biggest difference for Jared Goff between his 2016 season and his 2017 season?

Alex Smith was garbage QB in the first 6 years but when he had a very good HC with Jim Harbaugh in 2011, he was much better, even if he was not elite, he had elite number in some years with Andy Reid too

Talent matters big time, same thing for schemes....We all know how bad coaching wise our offense was under Canada, but this is not very good in defense too....Just look at our numbers when Watt is out....Can't rely on beating your man and on talent on both side of the ball every time, sometimes players need very good layups, as this is often the case in an offense like the 49ers under Shanahan....When you have both(talent and scheme) , it's hard to stop

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So only being 500 three times in 17 season is the standard? How does that make sense???

11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

he can't help himself, we all should realize it by now

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Trolling is posting something you don't mean for the sole purpose of starting trouble. I'm not doing that. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in the way you have been following me around and trying to pick fights lately. There are no shenanigans except on your part. Now you are just flat-out lying. I had the facts right. You have them wrong. Nobody is slandering you or gaslighting you. You just made that up, which is disappointing.

I have asked you to spare me your condescending, insulting lectures, yet you continue to disrespect me by refusing to honor that request. Seriously, I'm stunned if you can't see the hypocrisy.

Is there any chance we could either return the topic or move on or are you incapable of doing so?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024 at 5:34 PM
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Speaking of stalkers...

14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Now you’re getting it

15. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    He was a product of stepping into a very good situation and having success early on. I’ll ask you this since the majority of the championship team he inherited began to retire around 2011-2012 how has he done in the playoffs? Most of us don’t care about 9 win seasons squeaking into the playoffs and getting beat by 30. I’ll say most because clearly some here are perfectly satisfied with that. To each their own because the Owner clearly is as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    These guys will defend TOMLIN with every last breath they take and in the next sentence argue how useless a HC is and it’s ALL on the players :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Yea MT has these genius game plans and schemes year after year and yet different players over a decade just keep going out on the field and blowing it! Hmmmm seems to me there is only one consistent person involved in all this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Just because some of us aren't consumed with hate for Mike Tomlin as you are doesn't mean we are satisfied with the results in recent seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yet Tomlin has the best winning percentage in one score games since 1970 :shrug:.

20. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    And?

He also has no losing regular seasons.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024 at 10:09 PM
  21. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I don’t know how you can be a Steelers fan and not be fed up with him at this point. Not everyone will be as vocal that’s fine I’m redundant about the subject on here because many of the threads are about him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Your Tomlin posts are redundant because you are obsessed with hating the guy. You will start railing on him on threads that aren't even about the head coach. I can see the argument to move on from him. Hell, I started making that argument in 2018. What I can't see is the argument that he isn't even a good coach. Yes, there were some great pieces in place when he took over. People seem to forget that they didn't win the Super Bowl the year before Cowher retired. They went 6-6 with those pieces in 2006. Tomlin was a huge part of their ability to retool on the fly.

Take James Harrison as an example. Sure, he was on the roster for Cowher, but he was a 28-year-old who was primarily a backup. He had eight starts in four seasons with the team before Tomlin arrived. He developed into one of the dominant defenders in the league under Tomlin. So did Woodley.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Yeah, you are. You're repeating things as fact I already said were untrue by way of looking it up - there was even a link another posted. Simply insisting on it to be true anyway laced with barbs is going to do what? Be productive?

You also started using slander early on, as you do with just about everyone here. Completely unnecessary except to rile people up. It's been pointed out by the community and board moderation numerous times, yet you continue to do it. Please, spare everyone the rabbit holes and pretzel twists.

This is a steaming pile of claims that feeds into what I just said about your behavior, something blatantly untrue that stirs up trouble: 1) nobody's following anybody else around here (especially in the offseason; it's a pretty small room); 2) if you act like child/internet bully/troll, it's going to get called out, especially if you're a repeat offender; and 3) you didn't have your facts right (which, again, were largely irrelevant to the topic at hand).

Calling others who present arguments against yours stalkers, whiners, hypocrites, etc., is slandering them, and has no place here.

I'm not seeing the hypocrisy because there isn't any. You're projecting reverse-victim mentality, to the point that you're asking if we can please drop it and just admit you were right all along and go back to the topic that you derailed in the first place.

You need to decide if you're going to act like an adult here or not. The rest is you throwing excrement against a wall hoping something sticks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    This is probably his greatest strength for him without a doubt...I am for the most part always confident when the game is close in the fourth quarter outside of the Trusbisky game.I gave Tomlin credit for that

• Like Like x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I looked them up, too. That's how I know you are wrong. Despite your false claims, there is nothing wrong with standing by your point when you are right, as I am doing.

Smith, Hamilton, and Humphrey did not play. That is not in dispute. Darby also became a starter late in the season. Maybe you genuinely missed it because he missed chunks of time, but he played every defensive snap Week 17, 96 percent of them in the first playoff game and 81 percent in the loss to the Chiefs.

That is four leaving out Harrison, who started eight games that season. There are also guys like Oweh, a situational pass rusher for them who barely saw the field. That could have been weather-related.

The point is that the Ravens' defense that night was missing some key components, including four starters, but you had to blow that up into an extended argument due to your recent obsession with trying to modify my behavior.

I'm not calling everyone who disagrees with me a stalker and a hypocrite. I am calling you a hypocrite and pointing out that you have jumped into multiple discussions involving me with your condescending nonsense despite frequent requests on my part to mind your own business and stop acting as if you are a moderator. Despite me making it quite clear that your advice is unwelcome, you have continued. I believe that makes my claims true, which means they are not slander.

I'm not projecting anything. You are whining about how I treat other posters with disrespect while doing exactly that. I don't understand why you are incapable of seeing that.

Please go mind someone else's business. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 10:11 AM