1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin gets extended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If you compare it to the previous week, it looks like they sat both starting cornerbacks, Hamilton, Smith, and another starting linebacker, Malik Harrison. Another starter, Stone, was injured during the game. That doesn't even include that the Ravens were one of the best teams in the league at disguising their defenses. It's a good bet they went with more vanilla formations and calls given that winning the game was a relatively low priority and they were adjusting to playing without so many starters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I saw Ben at the Urban Impact event a couple of weeks ago and he said the the only question mark he had about the offense was at the WR position. He thought that the team was solid other than that.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    PFR is using their nickel package, which is fine. They were down two of three CBs in that set, but due to injury, not choice (Hamilton with an MCL; Humphrey with a calf). Stone was injured later in the game; he played in 75% of their snaps that game. Harrison was part of a committee, he played in 21% of the snaps on the year.

The whole vanilla defense theory is possible, but conjecture. I'm not on any hype train for Rudolph, but to suggest he had advantages considering he was the third-string QB making his third start of the year, playing on the road against an arch rival in a monsoon seems like a reach. I'd think there are more obvious examples of why he was third on the depth chart and allowed to sign elsewhere this offseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There are, but it's a reminder that despite the weather conditions, he also had some advantages in that game. Whether it was injury or choice by the Ravens, the bottom line is that he didn't have to face those guys.

6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Don't feel too sorry for Bill Belichick, his 23 year old girlfriend is trying out to be an NFL cheerleader. The 2 met on a plane 2 years ago when she was 21 and he was 70.

CRAZY.... What makes this even crazier is her previous boyfriend who dated her before Bill is 64.
    Man, 64, who dated Bill Belichick's 23-year-old girlfriend, Jordon Hudson, says she is 'wise' (pagesix.com)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2024 at 12:37 AM
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Of course, but you said they 'sat many of their best players'. I felt it was the kind of distinction, with little bearing to the overall point, that you wouldn't let slide. ;)

8. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Seems about correct.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Not really because the reason why they sat is irrelevant to the discussion, but if you are going to continue your odd little crusade by trying to imitate the way I post at least do a better job of it.

11. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Of course it's irrelevant; I already said that. The point is you do that with irrelevant details all the time. If you don't think so, ask around.

You're doing it here, too. You said the Ravens sat many of their best players on defense. They were without three starters, not the same. Then you tried obfuscating things with your conjecture about vanilla packages after somebody provided lineups that showed your original statement wasn't exactly correct.

Regardless, you admitted there are more obvious examples of why Rudolph isn't QB1 material. But you're off in the weeds trying to support it by arguing he had an advantage when a team was without a few starters in a game played in a monsoon one year. Not really relevant to the larger point.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2024 at 10:48 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

that is what he does. welcome to the war! LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

no, it is not. He would not be coaching on 31 other teams with his lack of success the past 7 years.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wait....so a coach that has went to two SB, and won one(no matter players because many coaches have won with other coaches players, and guys they haven't drafted....especially since the GM does most the drafting, and if people don't believe this....why do they say our draft is different since we got a different GM?) is worse than HCs that haven't even been to one???
    Also don't say past doesn't matter, or how do other coaches get more jobs.

15. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    He said the last 7 years.....Be better than that

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Wow!! Wouldn't mind a 23 year old but I'll be damned if I'm undressing in front of them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm not for or against Mike Tomlin but I damn well know if he wanted to still Coach after the Steelers more then one team would make him an offer. We are looking at it from a fan perspective, owners are not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So history doesn't matter???
    Funny it's seems to matter when You want it , and a person's history seems to effect a lot,,but I guess when people don't want it to be.
    Example: One game You keep rambling on about Josh Allen.....so You can keep using one game in the past (that He lost), but I can't use a SB win???
    Got you. LoL

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They sat both corners, Hamilton, Smith, and another linebacker who started more than half of their games. That isn't three. The rest of your stalkerish nonsense might resonate more if you didn't start with false information.

The point was about people forgetting the first five-plus seasons of his career due to three games, ignoring the weakness of the defenses he faced. The Ravens aren't weak, but they weren't close to full strength even if you don't by my theory regarding a more vanilla defense. Of course, my theory fits the facts, but facts don't seem to be your friend here.