1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin Fined $100,000. Draft Pick Status Pending

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wreck, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  2. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    TOMLIN FINED 100K AND WE MIGHT LOSE A DRAFT PICK

UGHHHHH

3. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    LOL You movin' my shat then movin' it back!

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think the worst of it is the chance the pick may actually go to Baltimore. Although, I think this is more speculation and rumour than anything. Better not happen. The fine is appropriate though.

No family vacation for the Tomlins this year!

5. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If the NFL didn't take a draft pick away from the Jets for their sideline issue, why in the HELL would they take one away from the Steelers for this?

6. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    How much does Tomlin make anyway? I would think 100k effects him a lot harsher than it would effect James Harrison?

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And people thought the 50,000 Kidd got for spilling soda on the court was harsh.

If they take a pick too, I don't think anyone can question whether Goodell has an ax to grind with the Steelers anymore.

What a complete joke.

8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I can't believe the Steelers would actually lose a pick over this...but as we all know, when it comes to the Steelers and league punishments, a whole different precedent is established. Ask Silverback. Ask Ben. Now, apparently, we may also be asking Tomlin.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well of course, you know this is right up there with cheating your way to a SB victory, it should suffer the same punishment. :bscow:

10. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would think this will be the only punishement handed out. That is a substantial amount of money. If the fine was lower than maybe we lose a pick, too.

11. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I truly do not believe that they will take a pick from us or change our drafting order. I think that is left on the table to say hey don't F up again or all hell will rain down from the lips of the DICKtator of the NFL Roger Goodell.:goodell:

12. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The fine seems fair. Threating to mess with draft picks or draft pick order is pure BS. IMO

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Agreed.

14. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012

The NFL is leaving the draft picks, etc decision to be played out in the "Court of Public Opinion".

Not that I agree with it, but how can the NFL look bad if they end up doing something with the draft picks that is what the majority of the public wants done?? :facepalm:

15. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The real problem is the NFL is waiting to see where we pick in the draft before they decide to take it or not. That is a complete joke.

So, if we would get a top 10 pick they would probably take that one but if we went to the super bowl they wouldn't. :hmmm:

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Seems about right with the fine, but I really hope they don't take any draft pics away. I have a feeling this still isn't over though.

17. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Or maybe the NFL is waiting to see if the Rooneys get rid of Tomlin on their own after the season?? :shrug:

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Agree.

I believe leaving the punishment open-ended was to serve as a carrot to dangle in the face of the rest of the league. 'This is what might happen to you, too...' Why else would they need to wait until the order is finalized?

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What's B.S. is that Tomlin put the team in this situation to begin with.

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Here is my problem with the whole taking a draft pick argument. What transpired on the field basically had no effect on the final score of the game. Yes it can be argued that Tomlin's action caused him to turn back into the field and eventual tackle but again in the end the Steelers lost by two points. By saying we are going to take a draft pick away and affect your team in such a way as you lose that potential talent they are being hypocritical since the refs have impacted quite a few games this year in a negative way and the league has basically gone oops my bad. The teams that got screwed should then be compensated with a draft pick since that is the standard that is being put forward.

21. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    the fine is completely appropriate IMO.

taking a draft pick, though, would be disgusting. i don't care if it's a 7th round pick in 2025 that's getting taken away. i think this is a similar situation to what the Jets trainer did. he physically tripped the runner. Tomlin stood in the runner's way. the league didn't take a draft pick from the Jets for their incident, so they shouldn't take a pick away from the Steelers (unless they think that physically tripping a runner isn't as serious as being in his way for a second).

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The difference may be that the Jets guy wasn't on the field.

23. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    in any case, i still don't see how that would be worth a draft pick.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don't either.

25. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't care if the Jets guy was in the stands, he intentionally contacted and injured the player. That is 100x worse than what Tomlin did.