1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMLIN Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I will disagree because when you say "team" my mind goes to the guys inside the white lines. This team has enough talent to be consistently good/great on defense and consistently average on offense given all the injuries. The guys on the outside of the white lines are why we are inconsistent and underachieving.

Tomlin will always = underachievement!

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Who's guaranteeing Tomlin keeps his job? You?

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The Rooney's

4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    If we make the playoffs, he's 100% is.

5. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    The defense is the only thing that gives our team positives. How many number one picks on our defense ? Then go after Fitzpatrick for added measures. This tells me you can't coach when, you require so many number one picks on a squad.

This team claims they had MR rated as a number one pick. We now see the problem. If MR is graded as a number one so much like our defensive or other number one selections, this team can't draft or coach up players. Not every number one is going to make the grade but wow, all those number one picks on a defense that, finally became good after all these trash defensive seasons.
    Excellent defense number one picks are Heyward, Watt, Bush, Edmunds, Dupree finally showed up. Fitzpatrick and Haden are the works of other teams.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    You have got to be some kind of Tomlin hater to not give the man his due if they somehow make the playoffs this year.

Hell, even if they don't but end up 8-8 or 9-7 you gotta hand it to him.

Let's count the ways:

No Ben - How many times have people said "Let's see what he does without a HoF QB."
    No AB - Plenty of folks thought without AB the offense would suffer and it has, but Tomlin and the team have somehow been able to overcome that
    Injuries - #1 WR, #1 RB, starting DE, all missing significant time
    Bad QB play - Really bad QB play.
    A very difficult starting schedule - NE, SF, Seattle and a 1-4 start. Easily could have lost the team, but didn't.

They've compensated for all that with a really stalwart defense, but to have all that and yet still have a chance at the playoffs is pretty strong, imo.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Look at the opponents the Steelers have played this year, he should have won what, he has won with a squad of number one defensive players. Granted, the offense is a dumpster fire but the other teams have had their troubles too. This team better hope it doesn't make the playoffs, it will be a huge embarrassment for the Steelers. Tomlin will probably go 8-8 and everyone can hold onto that as the new Steeler standard.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Do you have some in with the Rooneys that we don't know about? If there's ever a time for a change, it's this season. I think the team pulls the trigger. I hope the 9ers defensive guy is available! Not about to guarantee anything though!

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yes and no. The "in" I have tells me Tomlin isn't going anywhere.

A lot of people disagree with me, and only time will tell, but I think there are enough ignorant people in this world and enough story hungry media to make an issue of "The Rooney's" firing a black head coach when they fostered the Rooney Rule.

That, and I think Art II is more interested in showing the world how tolerant and progressive he is than he is in winning. Mediocrity is fine with him, thus the idiotic press conference last year where he acted truly dumbfounded as to how anyone could refer to the Steelers as a three ring circus.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I thought there were no "Rooney's"

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Isn't Art II plural?

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The job Tomlin has done this season is nothing short of remarkable. I would expect he's going to be here for some time.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm just glad you finally came around.

14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    There is no coming around to you Glenn, there is only humoring you like I humor my grandchildren when they smile while pooping their pants:smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Glad I was able to get you straightened out. Always happy to help someone who is struggling with the facts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'd rather have Shanahan, Butler can dial up some blitz packages comparable to the 49ers. We have no offensive gurus, just Ben & his long ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You go on and continue to be clown ass fan :hehehe:. I was a fan of the Steelers before Tomlin, and I will continue to be a fan after he's gone, he's not my boy either.

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Because it is tough to run victory formation from your own one-yard line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Facts could run you over, back up and run you over again, blow the horn while running you over for a third time, and you still couldn't figure it out.:smiley1:

Using your logic, as you lay there on the ground taking your last breath, you would figure everything is fine because you can't do anything about it anyway.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Typical :poopy: post :facepalm:

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There was a lot of that talk early in the season and I'm sure some fans still want to move on from Roethlisberger now, but they seem to be forgetting that this team doesn't have a strong replacement in place. I guess there is a chance that Rudolph can still develop into a good quarterback, but right now, he isn't even close.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Always happy to educate a fool.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Nice to see that Tomlin is such a unifying force who brings Steelers fans together. :)

I was ready for this to be his final season with the Steelers even before it began, but he's not going anywhere. The Steelers are contenders deep into the season despite a brutal run of injuries. At worst, he may be forced to make changes to his coaching staff. Maybe he decides he doesn't like that and chooses to move on, but I can't see him being fired.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Once the front office extended Tomlin's contract a year before it was necessary, I felt they were comfortable with him for at least the rest of Ben's contract. I still think that's the case.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    imo you couldn't possibly be more wrong...

• Agree Agree x 2