1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMLIN Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 24, 2019.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :beathorse: COY :puking 3::tequila::shock::sleepy::sign0020::noose::bscow::poopy::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I can always count on my little stalker to follow me around on the MB and comment with BS on my BS. You're too predictable man.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Somebody has to keep clowns like you in line :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    You and Glenn both need some work on your shade throwing game ... geez. Work on your sh!t talking, fellas. This is some weak sauce right here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Well good for you. There's enough room for you to hang from Tomlins ball sack too. Just ask Glenn and steelersrule6 to move over a tad.

FYI guys, that's how you throw shade.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I was trying to have a serious discussion with you, but for whatever reason you have to keep insulting me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Pengvin67

Pengvin67 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    I would say to be an amazing coach is not necessarily being able to win every single game, but finding ways to win the 'right' games at the right time, when there are bigger stakes at hand. Sunday is another example of having an opportunity to have a special season only to be washed away with a loss to an opponent who had nothing specific to play for except pride. The Steelers had a chance in this game to control playoff destiny. When else would a player/coach want to tighten things up and be ready to win a game? Comparable to the Raiders game last year. Tomlin was able to coach this team to an 8-5 record, which is to be praised, but to have a winnable game at home and a winnable game on the road and to not find a way to win one of them negates the positives of the season in my opinion. Injuries are an issue but that's an easy out, because every player on the team needs to be ready to play and the coaches need to be able to coach whoever is on the field and put them in the best position to win. At the end of the day, an opportunity was there to win a game to help playoff chances and to come up empty is a hollow feeling for me as a fan. Doug Pederson may not have been a great coach all year, but yesterday all the negatives for the Eagles seem to have been washed away. Mike Tomlin found a way to do the exact opposite. This happens a lot for Mike Tomlin, unfortunately. Too many games that are winnable that become losses during a critical juncture of the season defines his career. It's ok to happen here and there, but when it happens continually during the regular season and into the playoffs, frustration will occur for even the most loyal of fans. Yes, Mike Tomlin cheered his way to a Super Bowl win and that's great, but Barry Switzer also won a Super Bowl. In any case, I'll leave with a question.....

What do David Garrard, Blake Bortles, and Tim Tebow all have in common?

• Like Like x 2
  8. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Boohoo <sniff> stop making fun of me <sniff>

• Like Like x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Where are you going? There is still a game Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

11. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Hey Clive, the zoo called and they want their chimpanzee back...

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I refuse to stoop your level, and use childish insults. I try to keep it clean, because I don't want to get banned, lucky for you I take the high road :hehehe:.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That's how you be a internet tough guy clown ass, come up with a new insult, it's tired just like your lame ass posts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Is this you "taking the high road" as you claimed in your last post? Go look up hypocrite.

BTW, I'm no internet tough guy. I just like messing with self-righteous clueless know-it-alls. Some of you make it way too easy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I think we all know how this show ends.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes and more depressing is how this show will be a rerun next year and the year after that. Reminds me of the definition of insanity. We were very very fortunate to even think about playoffs this year not because of coaching, but by a very mediocre AFC and schedule. This team is too undisciplined from penalties, too many players on the field, DBs picking off a pass but one hands it for some reason and its just an incomplete pass, fake punts that aren't, putting rookie QBs in continuous 3rd and long scenarios after running up the gut against 8 man fronts, zero planning for contingencies including having backup QBs that have never taken a snap in a game, enabled cancerous drama for years, players running away from kickoffs not knowing its a live ball, you can't make this stuff up. There is always something every game that I scratch my head and wonder who is developing these guys?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe. But I stay in the theatre until the curtain goes down.

But I do hear a fat lady warming up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    They’ve never had losing seasons (against the Steelers)?

Largely agree with everything you said. Frustrating af.

[Oops, I left this post hanging last night.]

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It seems like tomlin just doesn’t want a losing season lol. 2013 started 0-4 and we fought to 8-8. Last year 7-2-1 and wound up 9-6-1. 1-4 and likely 8-8 this year. The law of tomlin averages out lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Like I said a 1000 times...Ben, JuJu, Conner, Tuitt whatever will be the excuse to retain Popcorn... They'll ride on the positivity of a 38 year old QB " possibly " returning coming off a major " throwing arm " surgery...

The best thing ( It will never happen ) Is for Ben to retire, Popcorn to step down, get wooed * one can dream...Take that huge salary from Ben, Pick up some key guys...Get a stop gap QB ( Rosen, Tannehill type ) ...Also add a Vet WR, and get another RB...All this is doable with Ben's monstous salary off the books...And again with another Christmas Wish...Is that Tomlin to Carolina rumor does come to fruition maybe a 1st rounder, or even more coming out way...And we can IMMEDIATELY regroup and become relevant!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    So those 3 quarterbacks were able to beat Mike Tomlin coached teams in the playoffs and score at least 29 points in doing so. For Garrard and Tebow, those are their only playoff wins in their entire career. Blake Bortles has 2 playoff wins. That to me is the most frustrating thing to know while I'm a Steeler fan. Embarrassing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    We're onto Baltimore, loser :hehehe:

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I feel the Christmas spirit in this series of posts. :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Taking the "high road" again I see. Predictable and sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It proves those defenses weren't that good in those playoff games.