1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMLIN Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 24, 2019.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    And the Pats could easily be 7-5 and only a tiebreaker ahead of us for a wildcard.

I'm only concerned with the things we can/could control. We could have been better prepared. We could have been coached up better. We could have won more games. Everyone has injuries and adversity. You find ways to win in spite of it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Varsity? :sneak:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    This seasons story. Funny thing is that most the youngsters are on offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    The guy has scratched a 7-5 season out of injuries and personnel changes. I mean we can all be critical but name one coach who could do better

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Hey, that's awesome! Only took 12+ years for Tomlin to start coaching. It's a shame that all he's got are some high school plays though.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Tomlin has done a good job this year... done more with less as opposed to what he usually does... less with more. This may be the first year Tomlin has had complete control of the team since 2010. Looks like Ben and AB were running the show for many years.

I'm still not convinced this team is capable of winning a playoff game if they even make it. The Buffalo game will be a major test of the team's fortitude. Bills finally have a franchise QB in Allen... just wish they would beat the Patriots on a regular basis. Getting JuJu and Conner back will help.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I can’t imagine they would go far if they get in but, they haven’t given up. He’s got them showing effort and pride in their play. As much as Tomlin frustrates us, look at Philly or KC, we are still in it with all the personnel injuries. Look at the Rams, with a 6 billion dollar payroll and no injuries, they are out of it already. I’m looking more towards next season. If we can make a couple upgrades through the draft and free agency to the offense, our defense should stay intact and add Tuit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    That's why Baker & Co. went nearly the length of the field in 3 plays. Maybe we should avoid coaching high school and stick to the the pros.

And apparently he shot his wad at halftime. Good coaching would have instilled situational awareness so that receivers don't run out of bounds and qbs don't throw the ball away when trying to run out the clock.

But hey, he's got us to 7-5 with only 4 paraplegics playing offense and a broken headset. COTY!!!

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It wiould be nice to have an offensive mind better than Ben's on the team. And no, I don't think Haley was the answer.

10. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Baker and co get paid too.

Again players make mistakes regardless of what they were taught by coaches. Young players generally make more mistakes than established pros.

I don't think Tomlin is coach of the year. I think the coaches are doing a good job considering the injury situation. The coaches and players are giving the fan base meaningful football games down the stretch. Some fans might not appreciate what that means but I do. Anything can happen if this team makes it to the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    I love it Knox.

Okay Tomlin is doing what he is suppose to be doing. Are we suppose to be super-grateful for that. I get the injuries and the departures, and the musical QBs. However, these are Professional Athletes. A very small % of upper crust of people on the planet who are fortunate to be able to do this. I would have expected nothing less. Now let's win the Super Bowl and we can have a serious talk about Tomlin then.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    funny how people are still slamming Tomlin and Colbert despite the results.

The reality is Tomlin and Colbert are both very good at their respective positions.

I wonder if we would have seen a 7-5 team at this point with a replacement Coach and GM running with a 3rd string QB. I think you know the answer to that one.

13. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey mcam.

I for one am not slamming Tomlin. His motto is the "Standard is the Standard". Right? "Next Man Up" Right? Well this applies for everyone from the vendors in the stands (not knocking the vendors) to the Rooneys. My motto in life is "You deal with the cards that you have been dealt".

I can talk about some personal hardships all day long that I have battled for years and continue too. However, I do not look for any special recognition. I just evaluate then re-evaluate and move forward the best that I can. I applaud Tomlin as part of the entire organization and where they currently stand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Some of you fans are delusional, talking about winning a Super Bowl with this squad.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    They have to make the playoffs first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Even if Glass Connor and JuJu Bust Schuster come back this season this offense is still low grade dog food. Going 10-6 and making a playoff game would be nothing short of miraculous honestly. If they were to win a playoff game? Give TOMLIN a statue outside of Heinz?

17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Hard to argue with that. :drinks:

18. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Agree 1000%. Tomlin seems much more intimately involved now that the team is less talented and needs to win by superior coaching and not superior talent

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Daffy Duck?

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I saw on NBC Sports Pro Football Talk last night talk about the Steelers that Tomlin may be coach of the year. They also said we have a Super Bowl defense and that nobody wants to have to play us if we get the offense half way decent and make it to the playoffs.

22. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    I would agree with that. I'm hoping Duck can inspire. I had thought Mason would be able to do that after what we saw in the Seattle game but it never materialized. Lot of parity this year which should give an edge to a consistent defense. Most fun season I can remember since the last year of the Bus.

23. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steelersrule6.

I mean that is the ultimate goal, right? I never entered any athletic contest personally, or as a fan, with anything less than winning it all. I do not know about you my friend but....second place is not good enough for me. Take care boss! You are down for the ultimate cause, right (smile)?

24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Hmm..interesting because they only scored 3 in the second half.

Seems like a good adjustment after giving up 10 in the first. Point is they were having some coverage issues with what they were doing to start that game, adjustments were made and they were able to not let them score in the second half.

• Like Like x 1
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm guessing very soon the Patriots are going to be just another team. Bills look ready to finally take over their division. How strange it will be seeing the Patriots out of playoffs. Now if they somehow find another later round draft pick who replaces Brady with similar results I'll go to Boston and shoot him.