1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMLIN Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 24, 2019.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m spoiled too being I’m guessing older than you. But I still enjoy one week at a time.

2. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    It says nothing about Butler.

Coaches work as a team and if MT saw something it’s on him to communicate that to the team. Everyone who has the right idea should communicate, not wait for someone to hopefully also see it.
    And the truth is no coach sees everything or thinks of everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    How is Tomlin responsible for Garrett losing his mind and assaulting Rudolph?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Brother if you can’t enjoy a win without constantly focusing on what wasn’t perfect, then you are just a glass half empty person.
    I used to have an assistant like you. Nothing could ever make her truly “happy”. I felt bad for her and I feel bad for you. Life is just more enjoyable when you see the glass as half full.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    +1 Must suck you only get one shot at this *****, and I'll be smiling and laughing all the way to end if possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Worrying about what to call an 8 ounce glass that has 4 ounces in it sounds like something a lawyer:smiley1: would do to get your money.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're spoiled because you're a season ticket holder, and you're definitely older then me.;+):drinks:

8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup it's similar to those who see the team as a underachieving or a failure if they fail to win the Superbowl.

There are some who anticipate that this team will be a failure this year if don't win it all. Those types will never be please with anything short of a Superbowl win. It's a good thing those types don't run the organization.

• Like Like x 2
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Some people are fillers, and some people are spillers. I'm a spiller.:sneak:

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes
    Yes
    :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I know alot of people are really giving credit to Tomlin this season for keeping us in the hunt. I get it.

No Ben
    No AB
    No Bell
    No Conner for most of the past month
    No JuJu today
    No Pouncey today

7-5 and currently holding a playoff spot. I'm ecstatic.

However before we crown Tomlin coach of the year, do t forget our strength of schedule this year. Easily a big reason why we are 7-5 and have a great chance of winning 3 of the next 4.

Do we blame the players or coaching on these gaffes today?

Diontae Johnson not touching Mitchell down after the INT

Diontae johson running out of bounds after picking up the 1st down with 3 minutes to go in the 4th.

Duck throwing an incompletion rather than taking the sack late in the 4th.

These mistakes could have KILLED us.

You're doing good work Tomlin but please, please coach fundamentals.

12. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    yet another thread that has ended up backfiring on you...

• Like Like x 1
  13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The difference I see is that when expectations are low (like today) everyone is super happy with a win and Tomlin gets the proverbial tip of the cap. But when expectations are high, like they have been with the killer B's and they underachieve, many of us aren't real happy with that. Problem with always having low expectations, then we'd be browns fans. My expectations have been pretty low all season, so I'm satisfied with the outcome today. Which is sad cause it was the freaking browns.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    When you go two games over .500, and avoid another division loss, also basically end the Browns season then it's the biggest win of the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I think having acquired Fitzpatrick changed a lot of things with the defense. Also, even though he has made some rookie mistakes, Bush has helped with his speed and talent. Those two and the combination of Bud and TJ getting better this year has helped everyone.

Mike Tomlin's best coaching seems to be when he is coaching with disadvantages and less his major talent. He just sucks as a front-runner but he seems to be really good with his back against the wall. This has been his best coaching since the beginning of the 2010 season when Ben was out for the first month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Drinkers?

17. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Players make mistakes regardless of what they've been taught by coaches. Young players make even more mistakes. Sometimes it's how they learn not to make the similar mistakes again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That defense with the killer B's wasn't good enough, one guy was a playmaker Shazier and he got injured. You aren't going to win Super Bowls just because you have a good offense, the only time Bell stayed healthy for the playoffs was 2017.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Drinkers, and stinkers.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I know it's the biggest win of the season.
    You're not thinking about it.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    The expectations are to win games. I guess that never changes for coaches and players. Coaches and players won't be around for long if those expectations change. Tomlin makes that clear to his players. No one is perfect.

Maybe Tomlin got the most out of those teams that he could? Every season is a different season. Every team is a different team. It takes more than 3 players to win the Superbowl. It takes a TEAM effort to win the Superbowl. Better teams than the Steelers failed to win the Superbowl. That's life. Get over the past.

The thing is you can choose where to place your happiness. I learned a long time ago that most years are not going to be the Steelers year. Meaning that the Steelers are not going to win the Superbowl every year. They may never win another Superbowl in our life times. So I choose to place sports in the proper perspective.

Maybe you choose to take a Superbowl win and have the Steelers become irrelevant like some recent teams that made it to or won the Superbowl. I will take consistently winning seasons until the Steelers can manage to win the Superbowl again. Short of major catastrophe or for some unforeseen reason the Steelers are not going fire Tomlin. He is a good and quality HC.

You will never appreciate winning or anything else having the Superbowl or bust attitude.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah I hear what you're saying. But just getting tired of the excuses. Last year everyone was on the fire Butler train, now that has quieted down and its fire Fichtner. There is one constant through all the underachieving.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Popcorn won with Cowher's great defense. A few studs on defense take up the leadership role & who knows?

25. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Watching the Steelers is just entertainment for me. Just like this MB. So when it is no longer entertaining, I find something else to do with my time. Today was entertaining. That said, I'm not going to watch them if I didn't expect them to win.