1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin: Ben still runs the team

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Oh look OP with another clickbait thread :lolol:

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    HEY ITS ANOTHER LOOK AT ME THREAD!!!

WELL IM LOOKING AND IM NOT LIKING MUTHAAAA

nah jk lol. They do cater to Ben and it’s pretty sad at this point

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hyperbole does not mean you can post blatantly false claims.

Clickbait or look at me, pick one and admit to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Here is My whole thing about Benching Ben ...Nobody wants 2 admit.
    We watched in the Preseason against vanilla Defense The other 2 Qb on this Team play, and Ben came in On the same team , and Looked better in 2 drives than the other 2 did in the Whole Preseason...Everyone admitted this....
    Yet You expect Them 2 come in and Look better with Teams actually Game planning for them???:shrug:
    Is there Something I'm not understanding.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I thought Ben was done after he lost to Jacksonville in the playoffs. Guys he played with have been inducted in the HOF for gods sake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I pick option 3: Look at how dumb and stubborn Tomlin is.

I can't help it if you can't write creative, witty Subject lines.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Aren't the Steelers game planning, too?

All Ben can do is take a shotgun snap and throw short within 2 seconds, or hand off. That's really not all that hard to game plan against.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, I’m good with both of those.

:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tomlin is busy reloading the SOS flair gun.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unfortunately it looks this way. Eli Manning all over again. I warned of this,
    You all can go back over the threads of 2-3 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Do we have to?:unsure:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Click bait

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I almost wish they’d put Mason in just to see him shat his pants for a 18-35 for 112 yards and 2 picks game because he can’t throw the ball past 10 yards just so some of the people on here get what they want.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Bens done, most of us know it. He has Art II's heart strings so it doesn't matter. Ben should have walked away last season like Marino did after a crushing loss 62-7 to Jacksonville :eek:

The only thing that can bale out this crap show of an offense is a stout defense in which they had against Buffalo. Now with the Alualu season ender and both Watt and Highsmith nursing groins as well as Haden and Bust, I meant Bush the D has become average.And WTH is up with Tuitt? Is he done for the season?

Better the draft picks are on the way...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What has that 2 do with what I said???:shrug:
    So I will say it again. We watched this team all Preseason. Yet when Ben came in He looked Better in 2 Drives than the others looked all Preseason. Everyone admitted as Much.
    So what makes You think 1 month later those same Qbs are going 2 look better???
    It was clearly obvious Which Qb looked better then, but all of a sudden now with Teams Game planning them , and not playing Vanilla D they will Look better than Ben???:shrug:

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Yes, without Ben we will be able to run something besides shotgun formation with a quick pass in under 2 seconds.

We could actual see multiple formations with a QB under center, and running a play action pass where the defense does not know where the pass is going Long or Short.

4th and 10 from the 11 last week and the entire defense is within 5 yards line of the scrimmage, not single defender was back deep protecting the endzone???

Only against Ben and nobody else, would a team give up a pass to the back of the endzone for guarding against a pass to the line of scrimage.
    upload_2021-9-29_11-36-48.png

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Have You not watched games??? We have run under center...until we get so behind, or 3rd and Long they go shotgun.
    Almost nobody goes under center 3rd and 10 or more.
    Hell only time we move the Ball is When we play shotgun and Hurry up.
    If I was Ben ....I would say it's My last Year????....At least let Me run what I want the whole game. All this other stuff is just getting Us behind. If I'm going 2 go out...at least let me go out My Way.
    Also what You said doesn't answer what I had wrote

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s not all about Ben. It’s a team.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Another aspect to that is that the Giants are wishing for Eli Manning every week Jones play

• Like Like x 1
  22. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Pretty sure it was the Ravens that solved our offense in the middle of last season. Dec 2nd they played us differently, it was on film and every team since has exploited it . The crazy thing is we have changed little to deal with that. I'm willing to bet we will continue to force an offensive plan this Sunday that every team has already showed to have figured out. Our big surprise was bringing in Canada to bring pre snap motions to our game plan... then run the same stupid offense.

Teams are stacking the box, killing our oline, and begging us to throw deep. The way we have been running deep routes has changed. We need to go back to the same deep routes we ran before 2020. We used to let the WR's make the read on the safety and decide to take the route in our out. Ben had to be on the same page but it used to work and we had one of the best big play offenses in the league for several years. Say what you want about Arians and Haley but those guys ran an offense that was 100X more complex then what we do now and they were 100X more successful doing it. Our only hope is if they actually let Ben take more control of this offense.

23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    This is the defense that Ben is going to have to learn to beat. The book was written last year on how to beat Ben, and page 1 is this defense and every team in the league knows it. Ben has to use the middle of the field to stop defenses from running this defense.

But, you are right in the fact that during the preseason teams did not run this defense against Ben because they were not setting up defensive schemes to beat Ben in his one game he played. On that 4th and 10, every QB, but Ben throws to Claypool in the back of the end zone.

No matter how good the O-line blocks or how good Najee runs they are not going to beat this defense because there are just to many defenders playing at the line of scrimmage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry, but I disagree. :shrug:

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly. Except when it's Not working....Then it seems that 2 most it's either all about Ben , or Mike T.:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1