1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin and Colbert

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerfnVA, Oct 1, 2018.

1. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    They both need to be shown the door. Here is our last 6yrs of 1st-3rd round picks

Edmonds- its early but its not looking good, if anything way to high to draft a player that could have been there later. I think another BUST
    Washington- again its early but could have used another D guy that could make a difference.
    Rudolph- the future will tell but we should have been in win now mode with Ben.
    Okorafor- back up linman

Watt- Possible star, all-pro, NFL STARTER
    Smith-Schuster- very good WR, NFL STARTER
    Sutton- Run of the mill DB/ BUST
    Conner- Decent RB, NFL SUB, possible starter

Burns- 1st round bust/ below avg DB
    Davis- Bust/ below avg DB, BUST
    Hargrave- Back up maybe, NFL SUB

Dupree- 1st round bust/ avg to below OLB
    Golson- Injury's hurt but not on a roster/ BUST
    Coats- Never lived up to a 3rd rounder/ BUST

Shazier- Super star, all pro, NFL STARTER
    Tuitt- Good DL, not super, NFL STARTER
    Archer- LOL really a great pick by Tomlin an Co, BUST

Jones- 1st round BUST
    Bell- Great talent, trouble off the field, NFL STARTER
    Wheaton- 3rd team in the last 3yrs, avg WR. NFL SUB

So in the last 6 drafts we drafted 6 starting capable players out of 20 picks in the top 3 rounds. That is not good enough and the results are showing on the field. Its time to let both go and move on. Fire sale at the end of the year, bring in someone with a vision. Let them hire their own coordinators and move this team forward. We live in mediocrity because were coached by mediocrity. Without Ben both these men would have been fired years ago.

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Why draft James Washington in the second round if your barely gonna use him and give all his targets to Ryan Switzer

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Finally someone who agrees with me. When I said presented essentially the same post I was crucified. Lets see you fair better.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't yet know if Colbert should go or not .I believe our talent over the years has been better than we've seen .I believe coaching is our problem. Colbert was fine when Cowher was in town .

Tomlin needs to go though. I'd fire him right now if I was the Rooney's. He's embarrassing this franchise

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    The proof is in the pudding as they say. They have drafted 6 starting caliber players in 20 picks in the first 3 rounds. Throwing darts at McShay or Kipers draft board would produce better results.