1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin’s explanation for not calling a timeout the last series...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 10, 2018.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    He said some ridiculous explanation about how he wanted to leave time for the offense at the end of the game for the FG. You gotta call timeout there if you are Tomlin after the 1st down run by the Raiders with I believe 1:15 left because at that point you still had one timeout left and the Raiders were basically going to throw into the end zone after that to try and score so even if they did score then on either 2nd or 3rd down you still have about a minute left as opposed to 20-30 seconds and one timeout. This is just simply inexcusable how bad Tomlin’s clock management is and his logic and explanation for this made absolutely no sense at all. This is why their is a good case you can make for firing Mike Tomlin because the things he is not good at and struggles with as head coach he is simply not getting better at .

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    While I tend to agree there is just no way Tomlin gets fired. He is 123-65-1, never had a losing season although he did have two 8-8 seasons. There is a chance we go 7-8-1 this season for his first losing one but there is no way he gets fired.

I believe their is a possibility Ben could hang it up after this year and then Tomlin won't have a top line QB and we could actually see 3 or 4 win seasons which is pretty much unheard of in Steeler land.

3. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    This is again funny, you talking time out, did you not see that the Steelers was on the 20yd line. Or did you see MT fall and his fg got block? Before you start I am not a fan of our def staff period. I would love to find a coach who can put players in the game to only cover te. If Boswell would have made one of the two miss fg we win. And this would not be a subject.

4. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    You can’t be 7-2-1 after 10 games and have a 2.5 game lead in the division with 6 games left to play and miss the playoffs with a HOF QB and for as much talent as this offense has. Especially when you are losing games year after year to bad teams and the same things that you are bad at that I mentioned above you aren’t getting better at and are getting worse. If this team misses the playoffs you can make I feel a very strong case for Tomlin to be let go.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You make a really good case and reading it really pisses me off. I do believe a lot of it is on Tomlin but I'm 100% sure they will not fire him.

6. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Instead of being on the 20 yard line with 15 seconds left if he called a time out when needed they woulda had well over a minute left to drive the field man.. And his explanation for not calling a timeout is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.. The bright side of all this is Tomlin is finally getting exposed for the garbage he is

7. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea but they wouldn’t have needed to run a hook and ladder desperation play and they would have had an extra 40-50 seconds and a timeout with the ball to maybe score a TD and win the game as opposed to having Boswell who has been shaky all season kicking a FG. You can’t defend the decision making of Tomlin during this game it was pathetic.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I'd never been on the "Fire Tomlin" bandwagon until last night. Not playing Ben when he could have, the horrible clock management and not repeatedly kicking Butler in the arse to get him to change the scheme near the end of the game changed my mind.

Tomlin lost the game for us last night. Fire him and let him take Butler with him as he goes out the door. Bos??? He's shown that he can do it and do it very well...whatever happened needs to be corrected. If not he can go too.