1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Bradley for new DC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Anyone listen to him on Steeler Nation Radio?? If LeBeau were to retire after this year, this is the guy we need to hire, not Butler. His philosophies are very intriguing and has maintained a decent defense while he was at Penn State. He stated today, on how the Steelers need to adjust their personnel on a game to game basis. Draft hybrid type players to switch from the 3/4 to the 4/3 more often, so on and so on. I fear, that if we make Butler the new DC, he will basically have the same tendencies we've always had and run the same LeBeau defense. With the defensive personnel we have now, backup wise, we are doomed under our current structure. Some of these guys just don't cut it, mainly our secondary. Time to infuse some new schemes.
    Just my opinion. :cool:

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Butler seems like a shoe-in.

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Not sure who Bradley is...but like Scott said...unless something major happens Butler is the guy...and while you could be right Elway that he could do some of the same stuff...but who knows he could add a whole lot more to the D and help it improve. Also I too have said for the last few years being able to switch from 3-4 to 4-3 based on what the O is doing could work in this day and age...NE does it some...and possibly a couple others.

4. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree gentlemen, that Butler is definitely in as DC. I'm just hoping he does infuse some changing schemes, unlike our current DC.

gpguy,
    Bradley was a player for Penn State from '75-'78 and then was on the coaching staff from '79-'11. He nearly coached at every position while at Penn State. Penn State always seemed to produce pretty solid defense during his tenure as DC from '00-'11. Bradley is a regular guest on Steeler Nation Radio. :cool:

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    HA HA Bradley is pretty funny on radio, I'd hate to see him leave for a coaching gig so soon....

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe the Steelers do need to think out of the box? While i love Tom Bradley (AND I AM PITT MAN)
    Could he communicate with the pro player? Remember all of these guys can play, not like at Penn St.
    where maybe 5 or 6 have a future in football, This is where PLAYER EVALUATION COMES IN.
    Can they transition into the pro game? Look at Cam Heyward ALL WORLD at OSU can't sniff any playing time here?
    WHY? Something needs to change,this defense sure isn't entertaining to watch, would you agree? ATTACK!

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Keith Butler wouldn't have stuck around here the last few years, when he has been offfered other def coordinatoor jobs. It's his job.

8. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    When I first glaced at this I thought it said Tom Brady.

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

True, the steelers let Horton interview for the cards DC job, but wouldnt let Butler interview for it, and Butler was whisenhunts first choice for the job, they nixed Butlers interview for a reason and thats because he is the new DC in waiting, undoubtedly the front office is going to retire Lebeau after this season and it should have been done after last season, but it's over for Lebeau, he wont get to coach here long enough to break Paternos age record....

10. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :facepalm: Guilty as well

11. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    you guys are not alone.

12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    *raises hand*

Me too.

13. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I read it like 3 times and thought, wait is this a joke? :frustrated:

14. victimofchanges

victimofchanges Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Me too :roflmao:

15. IlliniSteel

IlliniSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    yep, almost didnt open it and then realized...........

16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    But I do wonder how Tom Brady would be as Offensive Co-ordinator?

17. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If we as fans can see this, then I think Butler can see what is not working and adjust accordingly.

18. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I thought that said tom brady too.......lol

19. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  20. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    As a Penn State alum who watches every game, I can say that Bradley is very solid. The thing that intrigues me is the concept of having hybrid players that can allow the defense to flex between 3-4 and 4-3. Imagine a defense that could make that change on any given play. Wow - that would be inpossible to prepare for.

21. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    *Shifts eyes around while raising hand*

Me too :facepalm:

22. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Thought it was leaked last year when Butler turned down a DC job, he was to replace LeBeau?? Wrong?

23. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    :roflmao:

I was just about to type this as well. something along the lines of: "2 ways you know you're drunk. You thought the title said Tom Brady. And your first thought was, why the @#$! not?"

24. bigdaddyK

bigdaddyK Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2012
    His defense at PSU was good but it was not much difference then Dick`s. They ran a 4 3 tamba 2 with the CB`s 7 yards off the ball and relied on instinctive Lb`s and good De. Never blitzec

25. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Butler does seem like a shoe-in, but many of us believed that about Whisenhunt too. Tomlin wasn't on anyone's radar. I'm not sure that Art Rooney II doesn't things the same way as his father did. I wouldn't be shocked if someone else got the job if Lebeau leaves at the end of the year.