1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Todd Heap

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrock151, Apr 15, 2017.

1. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That's awful. I can't even begin to imagine what he is going through.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I have two daughters (now grown) but at age 3 they were each the most precious possessions I ever had - this story is heart-wrenching - I feel so bad for Mr Heap - may he and his family find peace someday, somehow. God bless that little girl.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I can't imagine what they're going through. This is just awful.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This story is heartbreaking. I can't even imagine...

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    This is absolutely tragic, and I cannot even comprehend what he must be going through right now. I can only imagine, and I'm sure it would fall short. It's something no one should ever have to experience.

It seems at least once a year (or 2) I see a story like this. Almost always involving a truck. Almost always a toddler. I'm not making any judgements. Far from it. But I do hope people learn from these tragedies. It only takes a split second.

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I saw this yesterday and just feel so sorry for this family. This would be the absolute worst thing that could possibly happen to a parent. Just a terrible tragedy. I go to church with a guy who had a son get killed in a car wreck a few years ago and he has obviously never gotten over that. Then he had a grandson who almost got run over and he literally buys his daughters cars that have cameras in them because he is so afraid of losing another family member in a tragedy.

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    My little girl is actually 3 right now and my little boy is 6. I think it made this story resonate even more for me. I know everybody talks about the relationship between father and son and it's definitely a special one and I certainly love my kids equally. But there's just "something" about your little girl that as a dad you can't really explain. My wife says I'm a little harder on Ben than I am Natalie and that might be just something I do on a subconscious level or something. It's just like there's a certain sense of "protection" I feel towards her or something. Although I would easily give or take a bullet for either of them. Maybe you other dads know what I'm talking about?

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I never thought I could love or value something as much as I do my son. There's a special place in your heart for your kids that no other person can compete with. So for a parent to accidentally cause the death of their child, it's a feeling that could never be imagined by anyone it hasn't happened to. For those it has happened to (and Heap isn't the only one, far from it), they are going to be in a living hell for a very long time.

When I do try to imagine what Heap is going through, it honestly makes me tremble a little bit. Just the thought of my son being gone and it being my fault, it's a sickening thought. I truly feel for Todd Heap. Nobody should ever have to go through what he is experiencing right now. If it happened to me and I had other kids, I would find a way to move on with my life because my other children needed me. If I didn't have other kids, I honestly don't think I could go on living anymore.

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Don't even have words for this one. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Amen to that Brother. Daughters at age 3 can do no wrong and constantly just melt a Father's heart. That's why this story is just so tragic to me.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Terrible, terrible tragedy. My prayers go out to all members of the Heap
    family.