1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TODD GURLEY

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Feb 5, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok so everything I have read says he is healthy so my question is why was he not used that much the last 2 games by the Rams? IMO he has an injury that we don't know about or anyone don't know about or there is issues? Here is some info on why I am thinking there is problems other than health:

After that game, Gurley said he was not hurt and was simply playing poorly. Rams head coach Sean McVay said he would have to involve Gurley more in the game plan for the Super Bowl.

Well the SB came and gone and Gurley was MIA.......... Thoughts???

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Probably has something to do with the entire offense sucking wind. It’s nit like gurley is some magic pill that would have brought home the Lombardi

3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Right but it wasn't just the SB it the the NFC championship game. If he isn't hurt why wasn't he playing in these games. He did sign a big contract you just don't sit your stars if nothing is wrong.......

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Maybe he is in McVays doghouse.

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Would you pay that much to a man and he disappears in 2 out of the three biggest games
    of your franchise in the last 30 years? Plus he can't catch the ball. I think not. A dime a dozen if you have the OL in front of them.
    Don't worry some fabulous rich owner will overpay for this position. again. Hard to believe but true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My guess is he is injured. He has a history of knee problems. Why they wouldn't just admit it, I don't know.

Its the only thing that makes sense though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Correct me if I am wrong on this but if he is injured I am pretty sure it is against the rule for the Rams to not report it right? Didn't the Pat's get fined for this a few years back and then Belicheat put everyone and their brothers on it? I am pretty sure they can't lie about the injury which makes this whole thing puzzling.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure what the rules are exactly but what they report has to do with practice.

That could be why they aren't admitting it though, they've probably been skirting the rules and trying to avoid fines or worse, a loss of a draft pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I did find the rule and also found that the Dolphins were fined for violating this just this year, Raiders also were fined as well.

The Personnel (Injury) Report Policy has been a cornerstone of public confidence in the NFL for many decades. The credibility of the NFL, teams, owners and team personnel requires full compliance with and uniform enforcement of the policy. The intent is to provide full and complete information on player availability. It is NFL policy that information for dissemination to the public on all injured players be reported in a satisfactory manner by clubs to the league office, the opposing team, local and national media, and broadcast partners each game week of the regular season and postseason (including for the two Super Bowl teams between the Championship Games and Super Bowl). The information must be credible, accurate, timely, and specific within the guidelines of the policy, which is of paramount importance in maintaining the integrity of the game. A violation of the policy may result in Commissioner discipline, which may include a fine on the involved club, fines or suspensions of involved individuals, as well as the possible forfeiture of draft choices by the involved club. Each Public Relations Director is responsible for ensuring that all required injury and practice/game participation information is reported to the NFL Communications Department, and issued to the opposing team, local and national media, broadcast partners, etc., via the NFL Intranet site as provided hereinbelow. The Personnel (Injury) Report Policy is comprised of three sections: 1) Practice Report 2) Game Status Report 3) In-Game Injury Report

11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Gurley isnt worth his 45 mill if he dont show up in the playoffs, reminds me of what bell would do....

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My guess he is a pussy.

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t think there’s any violation if they correctly report his practice status, and if they say he’s available on game day and he is available. Reports were hazy on whether he played hurt. One reporter at the game mentioned that he was favoring one leg during a practice that was open to the press. Him being injured and not being able to withstand playing full-time makes the most sense to me.

14. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Just because he is healthy doesn’t mean he is physically ready to play. He was injured and sat out 3 games late in the year.

My guess is he recovered but can’t perform to the same level. It’s like rolling your ankle, you recover fast and it’s not like snapping your Achilles but it takes time to recover. He probably could play but lost confidence in his quick burst and lateral movement. Rams thought his presence could be a decoy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    It will come out eventually, it always does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with what you are saying but then that makes him not 100% therefore it must be reported. If it isn't reported then it is a violation and should be a fine and possibly loss of a draft pick. If Gurley was "healthy" how does he not play much in the 2 biggest games of his career and maybe the history of the franchise? What has me wondering was the fact that Gurley has said he was healthy but "playing bad".....interesting. Could you imagine if say AB was playing bad we were in the AFCCG and he was on the bench? IMO you don't bench your star for "playing bad" in the 2 biggest games of the season unless injury or "coaching decision" especially one that is making that much money.

My thoughts about this and why I started this thread was to get everyone's opinion cause I feel there is an issue somewhere with the Rams and/or Coaching. If he was healthy how do you explain him not playing, jmo. Like 69-2 says at some point it all will come out.......something to keep an eye on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    He's hurt. The opponent deception and agent game are in play.