1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

To whomever can post on the other board...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelballz, Oct 17, 2011.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    There's a quick reply feature now so you can avoid the frilly stuff if you'd like.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, I absolutely hate that. There's a size restriction in place for signatures, so people can't go crazy with it.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If I get out of hand, just let me know. :) But what I have is about as elaborate as I get. It's those huge banners (and usually more than 1 or 2) in sigs that take up a ton of space. I really don't care for that at all either.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Nope, your's is awesome and the size is perfectly acceptable. :) I'm pretty sure it's set so it can't be much larger than that (tho, that wasn't the case here for the first couple days).

5. Steel Blitz

Steel Blitz Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    WOW...I saw Ray D's post on the other message board. I haven't been able to post in a couple of weeks...the submit button just disappeared and never came back. Anyway, it looks like I've found most of you!

Cheers, and thanks to everyone who got this up and running...I'm guessing it was TTF?

6. zaniac8701

zaniac8701 New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, thanks for creating this board! I was never able to join the "official" board either. Always thought it was a dang shame the best franchise in professional sports couldn't manage a decent message board.

7. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Tomlin_Era, you are right on with your post. What is up with gpguy and his loyality to that board. That board has been crappy for years. So crappy that many people have not been able to post on it for year. Myself it has been about two years since I was able to post over there. I was fed up with there crap. I'm so thankful to TTF for creating this spot for us. He deserves serious props! And yes, it is about keeping us all together in one spot. Many posters are looking for some of the more popular posters from that board to hurry and and come on over to this board so that they can make exciting as it was over there.

The cry goes out to all who can still post over there to keep inviting those posters to chek out www.thesteelersfans.com in a hurry. Keep posting over there like Ray D who has put the sites name in his post over there trying to get them to chek this site out.

Furthermore, if you keep posting the invitations over there, then we will know that they do not care about that site and the message will be received that they need to be over here.

8. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    winggin, why would you even post that stuff about the submit tab. Wh cares. Who wants to go through that stress trying to post. That board is dead. They have tripped out so many people over the years with there bad service that it doesn't make sense. So don't spread any word about that piece of crap board over there. If you like what you see hear, then stay here and pass the word to the posters over there that this new board is the bomb and incourage them to come on over. Don't encourage them to look for a submit button and stay over there.

9. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Relax bro!!! No need to blow a gasket about that site. I had no idea some of you couldn't get past the index page. But I was just answering the topic about posting and not about staying on that site.

10. csykescollege

csykescollege Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I was on the official message board about 4 years ago and got banned for a heated exchange with another fan but it really wasn't that bad at all no cursing or anything edgy just arguing. I tried to contact them about it to no avail and I tried to make another one but it wouldn't do it. I tried for a while but then just stopped. I saw someone post this site while checking up on the board as i do almost daily even though i can't comment. It took no time to join this one and now i can finally get back on this thing.