1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

To whomever can post on the other board...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelballz, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Steelballz

Steelballz Active Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I have been a member of the official message board for 8 years and can't even post on it! I hate that board with a passion, so if you can still post keep the threads going about this site and lets move EVERYONE over!!

To the moderator: Have you thought about adding a smack talk board to this site? Would be fun to involve some other fans for a little "friendly banter"! :dancing:

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Aye, like the Bengals smack talk forum? That used to be very entertaining - though it lost it's edge a bit, probably when they stopped being competitive (by which I mean around 2007, rather than 1991).

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope not. The only redeemable quality about the other board is that there weren't any trolls. Trolls are like roaches, they will find their way into the Steeler talk thread before long and then TT will have to spend all his time banning people.

I agree about trying to bring everyone over, whoever can post should still do so promoting this board.

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Bull dookie. The trolls can post there, we (stiller fans) Can't

5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It will be easier for the trolls to come here.. Just remember how easy to was for all of us to get here.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

I just think it's a bad idea to invite that kind of environment. Moving on from that though, I saw gpguy took exception on the pos board to you promoting this board in his petition thread. He said there are many Steeler boards out there already. Yeah no duh, you should explain to him that we are trying to migrate the posters over to this one so we are all still in one place. I would do it but I can no longer post at all over there. Why he has a hard-on for that garbage board is beyond me. It's about keeping the posters together, not a silly allegiance to a board, a board that has neglected us fans forever.

Cheers to this board :drinks:

7. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It's good to see you posting again SteelBallz!!
    It seems like year's since I saw you on the MB..
    I like the smack talk feature.

8. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I never could post over there either. Thanks again for this board....... :cool:

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I wouldn't be so hard on GP. He's a little rigid. That's how he always has been.

And I understand his sentiment of trying to save his "home." It was my home for a very long time too. I'll still post there (by hook or crook). But I like this place, and if the Steelers aren't going to support their board, I see no reason the community as a whole from there shouldn't enjoy a place like this. I love it already.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I wouldn't be so hard on GP. He's a little rigid. That's how he always has been.

And I understand his sentiment of trying to save his "home." It was my home for a very long time too. I'll still post there (by hook or crook). But I like this place, and if the Steelers aren't going to support their board, I see no reason the community as a whole from there shouldn't enjoy a place like this. I love it already.[/quote:3odkbxt2]

I like GP and enjoy his posts mostly but I think he's missing the boat on this one. It's admirable the effort he is extending to save the other board but it's futile. For one I don't think he will get the amount of signatures he needs and two the powers that be over there don't give a bleep, that's evident by it not being linked to the site. I'm amazed it is even active, when it went down a couple weeks ago I thought that was it, they finally got around to pulling the plug. Then it came back, even worse then before, I would have thought that impossible :banghead: I hope GP and the rest come over, it's like they are in a bad lovers relationship, abused but don't know how good it is once you get out, come over to the light boys! :dancing:

11. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I wasn't ever able to post on the other board. I lurked around for the last two seasons but have already forgotten that board. Thanks for creating this board where I can finally join the discussion. I still do more reading than posting but every now and then I think I may have something to contribute, but wasn't able to until now.

12. Steelers Crybaby

Steelers Crybaby New Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I couldn't post on the Steelers board either, although, I always read it. That was difficult because sometimes there were things that I really wanted to say, but now I can. THANK YOU for this new board.

13. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Is this BallsofSteel??

14. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Another long-time lurker from the other Board here. I sent over 10 "activation emails" to the mods there over the last few years and still couldn't get posting access. Hopefully many of those guys will migrate because there is definitely a wealth of steeler knowledge over there.

15. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    ya know i tried for 2 years to set up an account to the old boards.. i never got anyone ot respond.. never could hoin... never could post.. all i could do is read... here.. i registered.... and BAMMMMMMMMM 30 seconds later .. IM IN !!! im posting... whoever made this board.. thank you .. thank you ,,thank you GO STEELEERS

16. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I understand alot of the old school guys feel like the old board is home to them, i was a member for over six years, but this place is so much better. Maybe some people dont want to let the old place go because they worked so hard to get their post count so high they dont want to start over, maybe its the familiarity of the old place makes them comfortable. But if everyone comes here then all will be ok.

17. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Pfft... post counts.

My first account over there went over 1000 before I got banned. I almost made 1000 on my second before I got banned (sensing a pattern here). :D Both times for not choosing better ways of expressing myself when angry/frustrated. Once for actually using the words. I deserved that. The second time for using the INITIALS! (WTF? No, I'm not saying that, that's what I said to get banned. lol)

My current account over there is over 6 thousand posts. It means nothing. All it means is that I was there for a very long time (and managed to behave myself). Especially when you consider that I rarely posted in the off-season other than maybe 2-3 days around the draft.

I came here as soon as I saw this place was open. I love the old place for the community. That community - more or less - is here now. To be stubborn over a... post count? That's pretty shortsighted and petty.

Sooner or later, they'll get tired of talking to themselves. ;)

18. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You can still post even if you don't see the submit tab. You just need to click near where it used to be. Lower right hand corner and hit the enter button on your keyboard. I hope this helps. I will try to spread the word as much as possible.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No winggin, that's only a solution for a few select privilege, most of us don't even have that option. When I login over there it just takes me back to the main index page. And even if that was the answer for everyone, why would you want to have to put up with that bull ****? :doh: This place has all the bells and whistles and ACTUALLY works! Let that other pos die, the rest of us are happy right where we are :yahoo:

20. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agree, let it die. Someone douse it with gasoline and light a match. :evil:

21. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I can still post on the old board, but it's really become quiet over there, obviously because so many members can't post. I guess whomever 'runs' that thing is content to let it die. I've posted there for at least 10 years, but I can see already that this board is 100 times better. Hopefully everyone will give it a shot.

:herewego!:

22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Welcome aboard the board!
    :drinks:

23. Cru Jones

Cru Jones Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not knocking this board at all, the guys did a great job with implementing all the extra stuff that 99.99% of posters wanted and enjoy.

I’m just the .01% that doesn’t like avatars, signature lines, or a ton emotioncons or whatever they are called.

I liked the no frills, just post your comment, leave out all the clutter format that the old one offered. Yes I know the old board had avatars, emotioncons too but it was limited a few. Too bad it has so many issues.

24. black hat

black hat Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree. Fortunately, no one has gone overboard yet. I've been to boards where signatures alone fill half a page or more.

25. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Thank you!