1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

To the mathematically correct out there

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by merlin111, Nov 25, 2011.

1. merlin111

merlin111 Active Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Wondering if we choose to go the away route of ward, hampton, farrior, smith,kemo, and mcfadden, how much money would that open to hopefully lock up some of our young wr talent for years to come? I will leave this to those that are more educated on the cap situation than I. It would be nice to know that this area of the team is covered for down the road leaving only upgrades on the off line and defensive areas to have to worry about. Any info would be much appreciated.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    good post wish I knew......We need to get Wallace some serious money so he doesn't leave

3. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Looked into it....These are all rounded to the nearest 100 thousand dollars ..M = millions
    Hampton 7.1M
    Smith 6.1M
    Ward 4.6M
    Farrior 3.8M
    Kemo 2.7M
    McF 2.7 M

So aprox. 27 M towards the cap.

This should pay for a few decent OL guys and keep a few of our WRs happy!.....Thank you for your service gentlemen but we really have to go in another direction!!

4. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I thing it is safe to say that Smith and Bmac are gone after this year. Ward will retire after next year. I am not sure if we have the depth to lose Farrior yet, unless you want Foote or a rookie starting. Not sure about Hampton's contract, but he is still effective.

They should cut Kemo

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not so quick to drop Hampton. I don't know where the hate from that guy comes from. He's had weight battles, but he always shows up on game day. It was just last January he made Nick Mangold look like Sean Mahan. I think he's been good this year.

Smith (thanks for everything!) and Kemo (don't let the door...) can go. Ward too, although I hate to say it. I'm also happy keeping him if we can afford it. I'd keep B-Mac if he restructures and takes the vet minimum. I think he's great experience and special teams to keep as a backup. If he won't, he can go, but do you really think he'd fight it? He has nothing to negotiate with. Farrior? Toss up, depending on the draft and Sylvester.

One thing to keep in mind is that only Wallace will be entering his 3rd year. We don't need to re-sign Sanders and Brown yet. They'll play next year for dirt cheap like they are now.