1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TMHY Mock Draft that you really won't like

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TheMatrixHasYou, Mar 16, 2018.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I appeciate the time took but man that would be brutal. You dont have a single guy that can start or make an impact. Maybe a good special team or depth draft but we need studs on d. Not depth

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Why wouldn't ILB Avery or OLB Nwosu, or S Apke, or S Flowers be able to start? They started in college and played fine.

We started S Mitchell, and played OLB Chickillo and DE Walton and WR Hunter and we even started an undrafted free agent, Hubbard, last season for a few games. Are you saying they have something these college guys don't have?

What is your standard for a starter, what exactly do they have to have?

You don't have to explain, I already know. To you, it just depends on WHERE you take a guy. So, if we draft a guy in the 1st round, then he can start. If we move out of the 1st round and draft a guy, then he can't start.

That is some really great talent analysis.

3. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Dude dont act like you know what i think. Brown is a 6th rounder, hell foster is undrafted. So out of all the guys that start in college, they are all nfl starters?lol nobody you named is better than who we have starting at that position. I said depth. The guys u named are players we had as depth.

We dont have 22 1st rounders starting. Get a clue

4. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018

Nobody I named is better than anyone we have starting at that position? Prove it.

Where's your mock? Afraid to post it?

The guys I named are depth and that's it? According to who, you? What NFL team are you a scout for? None, right? So you're an amateur couch critic. That and $3.89 will earn you a McCoffee.

We don't have 22 1st rounders starting? Exactly. You should repeat that to yourself until you get it but something tells me you still won't get it.

5. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Lol. Dude my mock has been on here before you were a member apparently. Lol check out some posts u didnt start. So which one of these gems u have them drafting is gonna replace a starter? Educate me

6. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    and you are right. I aint a scout but here is what nfl.com has to say about your top guys

avery projected 5-6 rd
    nwosu projected 3-4 rd
    apke projected 7/pfa
    flowers 5-6 rd who I will say will probably go higher. he is a good player but isn't better that davis or burnette
    sieler isn't even on there
    lazard you got right 4-5 rd

7. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    just so you know, I don't like to argue all the time. I do like the falk pick and the flowers pick. I think they will be quality players. all I am trying to say is that when your window is as close to closing is the steelers window is. you need impact players now. I think getting the best available player in the first and second rds are very important. we have the ability without trading down to get a stud ilb if evans falls. we have the ability to get a nose tackle or a run stopper to fix the run d.

I feel better about the safety position after the signing but we have the ability to get a starter at that position for the next 10 years. that is what a first rd guy should be. alan faneca, cam heyward, Lawrence Timmons, troy polamalu, or a big ben. you get a guy you can pencil in every week and every down. not a flyer or a chance.

if you think avery is that guy, man would love to be proven wrong but I tend to look at these projections for what they are cause as you said. I don't scout. I watch a ton of games and see what I see but I don't pay attention to the combine or how fast you run a 40

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He has a weak arm, and played in a gimmick offense not interested in him at all.

9. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Which one of my mock guys is going to replace a starter? You're asking me to guess what Tomlin is going to do. Nobody knows that. Could they start? Absolutely. Avery can start at ILB or OLB.

If Jarvis Jones can start at OLB then anyone can start at OLB. Nwosu could start but the team is going to give Dupree a final year to show us something. Apke could start but I would work with him before sending him out there and the team just signed Burnett so they're probably going to start Davis and Burnett. Flowers is probably, in my amatuer opinion, a tad bit ahead of Apke but he doesn't have Apke's speed.

QB Falk wouldn't be starting unless Ben goes down and yes, I would start Falk ahead of Dobbs but not Landry Jones. One of those QB's, either Jones or Dobbs, would be cut if we did draft Falk or any other QB.

DE Zach Sieler would be last on the depth chart. He has a good motor and good production but he played at Ferris State so he is going to take some time to develop.

WR Allen Lazard would be 5th or 6th on the depth chart. Wouldn't want him out there unless we had no other choice.

OT Jaryd Jones-Smith is a long term project.

What is this mysterious qualification or ability that an NFL starter has to have that my picks don't have?

10. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018

ILB Avery is projected to go in round 5-6? I highly doubt it. Avery ran a 4.60. ILB's who go in round 5-6 run 4.80, like Matakevich.

Nwosu is a 3rd or 4th round guy? I think 3rd round is right but the 3rd round is 32 picks, if he is a guy you want and you think he is going to get drafted in the top or middle of the 3rd round and we pick near the bottom of the 3rd then when do you have to draft him to get him?

Apke is a 7th? His 4.35 is going to move him up big time. Every team went back and looked at tape on that guy since the combine and every team that needs a safety has a DB coach who wants to work with that speed. What round will he go in? I don't know but with his speed I would take him in the 3rd.

DE Sieler isn't on the NFL.com website? You're go**am right he's not because he played at Ferris State, not Alabama. It's a 5th, who do you think you're going to get, RB Barkley there?

WR lazard I got right? Yeah, he's a 4th or 5th round guy.

NFL.com is a website. Teams don't draft by the NFL.com rankings. You guys always trust one website, it's either NFL.com or Walter Football or ESPN or Sportsnaut. No one has a perfect record on draft picks. Even Mayock doesn't get this stuff right.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018

The Steelers window isn't closing. We're going to get a good QB when Ben retires and we're going to keep on winning.

We need impact players now? We do. The team didn't draft an ILB with a high pick in last years draft so that bit us in the you know what this year when Shazier went down.

1st and 2nd round are important? Right, as I said, you think where you take a guy determines how good he is.

Evans is a stud ILB? He has the same speed as Leighton Vander Esch and Darius Leonard and Oren Burks and Micah Kiser and Avery. So what makes Evans better? NFL.com says so?

We have the ability to get a nose tackle? Vita Vea and Tim Settle are the only true nose tackles but it's not enough of a need.

We have the ability to get a starter safety for 10 yrs? So, to you, a 1st round pick will play for 10 years but a 3rd round pick at safety won't? Once again, you're thinking the pick puts value on the player when it's the other way around. Just because it's a high pick doesn't make the guy good. Jarvis Jones was a high pick. So was Bud Dupree.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Dude, calm down. I have said they dont have to be a high pick. I know brown was a 6th. But damn. To take a guy in the second who is projected as a day 3 guy? Have you seen evans play? Speed isnt the only measurable. Zach thomas probably ran a 5 flat but could play.

I can see you are an expert so i wont try and discuss with you. I will just continue to read your posts and maybe one day i can learn enough to converse with ya. But you are right. Rounds dont matter. Just put names in a hat and pick cause they started in college so they can play in the nfl. My bad

13. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh and the mysterious qualification your picks dont have is talent

14. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018

I took a guy in the 2nd who was projected to go on day 3? Projected by who, NFL.com? Teams don't draft according to NFL.com's rankings.

Have I seen Evans play? Yeah, I watched a highlight tape, he was very slow but he was playing with a groin injury AND he didn't run at his pro day so I'm very suspicious of his 40 time.

In the tape I saw him miss tackles, miss sacks, make a play here and there that any ILB can make, and I saw him be three steps behind trying to cover 4.85 TE's. I'm sure his injury was slowing him down. Is he really, really, really better than ILB Avery or ILB Oren Burks or ILB Micah Kiser? Nope.

15. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Oh, right, because NFL.com knows who is talented and who isn't.

16. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Boy u put alot of stock in 40 times

17. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Oh, newest 5 round mock by Chad Reuter on NFL.com out today has LB Avery drafted at 64 and Nwosu at 66. QB Luke Falk at 106, high in the 4th and Apke goes at 174, last pick of the 5th round.

So, you were saying?

18. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Yep, I do, but so does every other team.

19. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    To the OP. Don't take criticism so seriously. This is your first mock here that I can see.

I can guarantee you that your mock 5 weeks from now will look very different. Nature of the beast.

As many of indicated, it's not a mock that looks great on a paper.

Could some of those guys start? Maybe, but the odds are stacked against it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    So dupree is better than watt? I mean he ran faster sos it must be. Heyward bey is better than brown too i guess

21. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018

I'm fine with the criticism. Posting a mock is all about getting criticism. When someone say's my post is "stupid" I get a bit heated.

I haven't intended for any of my posts to be insulting. I just don't think that one website, not even NFL.com, gets this stuff right and I admit that I'm an amateur. Colbert always drafts better than I do.

You want a mock that looks good on paper? Okay...

1st RB Saquon Barkley

2nd S Derwin James

3rd DE Bradley Chubb

4th from Cleveland for free, CB Denzel Ward

5th ILB Tremaine Edmunds

5th DT Vita Vea

6th from Cleveland again for free, TE Hayden Hurst

7th DE Sam Hubbard

7th ILB Rashaan Evans

22. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Where was Dupree drafted?

Where was Watt drafted?

Always remember that you said that Heyward-Bey is better than Antonio Brown, not I.

23. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Nit talking about where they were drafted. On the field production. Eye test. 40 time is so overrated. The cone drill is a better measurable. Prime example, brown and bell 2 of the best at their position. Average 40 times for their position. I am just saying there is track speed and football speed. The 40 time is about track speed. Hell i went to school with a guy who worked for 2 months before the combine and went from a 4.8 to a 4.55 but didnt play football any faster. Moved him up though lol

24. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Just curious as to who we were supposed to draft as an ILB last year? Keeping in mind that we wouldn't have either Watt or JuJu then because we would have used a high round pick.

25. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Last year I wanted ILB Jarad Davis but he went before our 1st pick. After that I would not have taken an ILB until the 4th round.

OLB TJ Watt wasn't on my radar. I had him on my draft board but I didn't seriously consider him because we had Harrison and Dupree.