1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TJ got screwed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Feb 8, 2024.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Me too

• Like Like x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'd ask you to explain it, which I doubt you can do properly, but the discussion will get shut down. If you'd like to PM it to me. I would appreciate the laugh.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I work in education, so I know a good bit about it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    It’s not that they are doing it, it’s the appearance of it. They keep pushing it and mentioning her.

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If Taylor Swift had endorsed Mango Jesus, all the stupid, crybaby whining over Swift/Kelce wouldn't exist.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  6. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Except one and that's what mattered because by every metric TJ was more impactful.

7. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Yes we do, I saw it every year the last few years at the company I worked for which was a fortune 50 company on Wall Street and all my colleagues in the industry said the same thing. I can tell you for a fact every year at the end of the year I had to answer about a 600+ division how many women and how many minorities were being promoted. Never a question about who should be promoted just did we hit the metric that was "expected" based on stats. Same thing for raises. Never a single question about why we didn't have more men or non minorities being promoted, not a one. It got the to the point that young white males would lose on any tie for a promotion or a position that opened up. Same thing through discussions with my peers in over a dozen other companies. Just sad. It should be about who is ready for the promotion. Our job was to generate the best possible return for shareholders, thats it. Whomever gave us the best chance to meet that goal is who we wanted on the field so to speak. We had to hit the expected stats on performance ratings as well. I used to tell my HR head, so I can never have the 27 Yankees ever because they would make us change our ratings to meet their expected stats. That's how it works my man.

• Like Like x 1
  8. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I have him to win the Super Bowl MVP. Call it the $$$wiftie effect.

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This doesn't belong here. Go rant about how white men are discriminated against somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    BAstin sports is represented well on the voter list as is Ohio sports in evaluations via PFF. Implicit Bias reigns supreme. There’s no way they were going to finally give Cam the WPA and TJ DPOY in same year. Just not going to happen.

11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The voting was relatively close, this wasn’t a landslide for Garrett by any means, but when you put the stats together side by side the result is completely ludicrous and indefensible. It’s a teachers pet award for Garrett.

There were prominent media people trying to give this award to Garrett from the minute the first ball was snapped this season for whatever reason, particularly PFF. They hold huge sway now because of their very powerful marketing machine so it was his award to lose from early on.

Unfortunately there are a lot of media members now letting PFF and other geek sites do their thinking for them and you have complete tools like Peter King actually coming out and saying that the PFF grade is the reason he voted for Garrett.

I don’t agree with a lot of what Lev Bell says but he came out an X saying that the voters have a bit of Watt fatigue with JJ having won multiple awards and TJ winning it two years ago. That’s definitely a factor as well. Everyone likes a new winner.

TJ is his own man and he is entitled to do as he pleases but I’m not sure about skipping the award and putting out tweets that show he is clearly upset (which he is well entitled to be). The result isn’t going to change and it just gives the detractors even more satisfaction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022

upload_2024-2-9_16-35-10.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Who did DEI merge with?

Chip Ganassi

14. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    The Steeler hate continues.IM shocked Cam won.

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, but he looked great ALMOST doing it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    Garret is a pile of :poopy: Jackson is a pile of:poopy: :steelflag: fans know this and guess what:brownssuck: :ratssuck: :bungalssuck::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!:

17. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    Gotta make Garret happy can't have him beating a Steeler with his own helmet.

18. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Felix Sabates says Juan Montoya and Bubba Wallace are the greatest drivers ever.

Marcos Ambrose was upset.

19. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Fair enough it doesn't belong I get it but don't get me wrong I don't care what race, gender, color, religion etc you are I just wanted the best person on the team period. It was like the MOB can you produce or not that's all that matters. So TJ was screwed and was the best on the field, that's how it goes now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022

21. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    That guy has been cancelled but then again Myles got rehabbed in what, a few years. Ha!

22. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023
    The saddest part of all is that you could see this coming from light years away with a powerful media telescope.

I hope that the planet-killing asteroid coming to get us all is detected as far away as we saw this debacle coming so we have a chance to stop it.

This award was predetermined. It is the only answer that makes any sense because he didn't deserve it in any way or for any real reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly what I was saying.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If you guy's can't "read the room" and realize that these awards are worthless, I can't help you. It's the same as a bunch of millionaires giving each other awards for how well they can recite lines into a camera lens.

These people live on a different planet than the rest of us. Yet, you're gonna act offended on behalf of millionaires that didn't win awards that are completely irrelevant to your lives?

Just like the Oscars, it's all political. Is your manhood dependent upon if "your guy" wins some meaningless award?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
  25. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Your pimp hat doesn't come in a tin foil variety? That's too bad.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2