1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Titans favored

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bend Steel, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Bend Steel

Bend Steel Well-Known Member

May 26, 2018
    ....by 1.5 in their house. That surprised me. I figured 3 for home field, plus they should be the fav by 1 or 2. I would have guessed the line closer to 5 in fav of the Titans.

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I had thought it would be -1 for each.

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Must have fast start this game, no slow starts. Fast start hopefully takes Henry a little out of the game and forces Tennessee to play catch up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Pick em' game. Bettors normally give home team 3 points. I feel good heading into Sunday all the same!!

Lets go!! :herewego!:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    A lot better than us being favored at home. The mask mandate is still intact as well. I like our chances.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Agreed. We started with a great drive that ended in 3 points. We really need to get 7 when we are that close...I do not think the e'swill do it this week.

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, as many people on other threads have pointed out, the teams we've beaten are 0-9. The teams the Titans have beaten are 1-8. So one point for home field sounds fair.

Game will come down to is if we can do to Henry what we've done to three other quality running backs. If he averages under 3 a carry, we'll win. He goes over 4, we'll lose. In between, coin flip.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Being that stadiums are virtually empty there really isn’t a homefield advantage anymore

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Being home is still better than traveling. No matter what.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Be interesting to see how many of our fans are in Tennessee this weekend. My wife got a little sauced up Saturday night and was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a trip.

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    damn I hate those nights. Many moons ago I got hammered while watching tv and got suckered into sponsoring a wolf. I had no recollection at all and suddenly pictures of “my wolf “started showing up in the mail, recurring fee on credit card. It was a mess.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Steeler penalties equals Steeler loss. Clean game equals Steeler win.

13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'd have gotten her another glass of Pinot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This is what I am thinking. Having DeCastro back will help for certain. It did against the likes of JJ Watt. While Justin Simmons is a player on the rise, he is not on the same level as JJ Watt is. Clowney is another issue all together though.

Look for Vrabel to try some stunts and twists inside. Starting fast will play right into our defenses hands. Derrick Henry will have no where to run should we do that.

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

Wolf.jpe

16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I wouldn’t complain about recurring credit card fees if Margot was involved

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The site I saw had the Steelers favored by 1

18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This game seems like a toss up. Neither team has played a winning team yet. In fact, none of the teams the steelers and titans have beaten have won a single game yet between them. This game will tell us a lot about both teams.

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If it was mariota I would feel better lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Wins/losses right now don't paint a good picture of most teams. The Ravens are 2-1 and we are sitting at 3-0 with the Chiefs. Anyone want to rank teams by their records right now? Didn't think so.

We aren't even what we looked like on the field based on level of competition. A good Steeler team would have handled the first 3 teams we faced with ease. That didn't happen. We have our work cut out for us because we're simply not that good right now.

The encouraging aspects of the first 3 games is that we didn't find ways to lose games, we really didn't start out slow, and we actually look like we're going to be able to make effective adjustments during the game. We have been a little sloppy, but that's acceptable considering the limited preparation. All in all, we're in a good position and most of our problems look to be correctible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think that is a fair assessment. Steelers are quite lucky with the schedule they got to start the season, it has allowed them to stack wins while working out the kinks in the team, putting them in a very nice position going forward.

There was however a marked improvement after halftime in the Texans game so perhaps we can be optimistic about the next few weeks. It was like the light came on. We will know if this is the case on Sunday when they face a good but beatable Titans side. If they go 4-0 I think we can all start to believe.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    After watching KC last night if Mahomes doesn’t get injured none of this matters. That dude looks like the GOAT and it’s only his third year??

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Fat Andy had the Ravens baffled a few times with his offensive prowness. Mahomes hit the football lottery.

24. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    It sucks because we are finally rid of Brady at the very end of Bens career and now Mahomes is looking completely unstoppable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I agree that he looks SPECIAL but I never get too excited about a player until after he's done it for three years. I don't see him falling back to earth but I believe the league will figure him out............................. to a degree.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1