1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

time to revisit

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 16, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i have a really strange feeling that like so many years in the past, ILB could fall. would we take kuechly if he was there? :cool:

2. memphis_steeler

memphis_steeler Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think I'd rather have a guy that knows how to play a 3-4 in Hightower than a guy that hasnt. Honestly, Im not sold on Kuechly, and I've seen Hightower play for a while now( I go to Ole Miss and we play Bama every year). Hightower is tough, physical, hardnosed, and smart.... Though if we take someone that happens to fall, don't be surprised if Mark Barron is a Steeler after round 1...

3. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    There's no doubt it's Kuechley over Hightower... If he's there they would sprint to the podium.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    there's no doubt in my mind that the bama defense around hightower made him better then he is. for as big and dominant as he's supposed to be, where are the numbers backing that? i mean , he looks like the man, but his production doesn't say the same thing. i'm not sold on him. kuechly has some questions too. the smarts are there, the speed is there the size is there. the production is there too. something is missing though. to many downfield tackles. the guy that i really like is miles burris from SD st. very good production. brown from hou. is the same way. lots of stops, sacks and stops for loss. good speed and good coverage skills. in this new nfl it will be vital to be able to cover these TE's coming into the league. they have to be able to cover alot of field. hightower doesn't have that game about him. i think it would be a mistake to jump at the misguided hype because of his size. he should be a sack master but the numbers say otherwise. he should be a run stuffer but the numbers and the passing attacks say otherwise. people think he's going to be a cross between woodley and harrison, i say :bscow: kuechly, i don't think will be either, but he has the coverage ability and speed to do it. :shrug: :cool:

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If we do decide to go ILB, I prefer Bama players over
    BC. They are well coached in all facets of the game.Not just their position. I too, have my questions about Hightower, his coverage skills scare me to death. And he was not asked to do that much in that dominating defense.We really should be figuring out a way to draft Decastro.