1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to move on

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Nj43, Feb 19, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    no thanks. Dude was flicking off his own team lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Didn't see a picture so I don't know what pic you are referring to and I also don't know which guy you are referring to as having embarrassed himself, the QB, the head coach, and the organization. But since they have both done more than their fair share of all of that lately, I guess that could explain why they are arm in arm?:drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm not challenging you because there is a good chance you know more than I do since I know nothing of Art II, all I know is the history of "the Rooney's". I am just very concerned that "the Rooney's" might be a very different world than "Art II". I have seen nothing but down-turn as Art II has become the face of the franchise.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    My only gripe with Art ll is how he tagged Bell, This is in hindsight though. I believe that the Steeler organization thought that he would sign a long term contract & retire a Steeler legend.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you are greatly exaggerating his mental capacity.

That boy is dumber than a bag of peas and carrots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm just looking at the big picture, and it is not a pretty picture. There are a couple of undeniable facts that coincide, is it coincidence or does one explain the other?

1. The Steelers have in fact become a circus over the last couple years, this is not Steeler football, and anybody who doesn't see it is choosing to not see it.
    2. Art II has become more and more "the ownership" of the Steelers over the past few years.

If my check engine light comes on and my answer is to put a piece of black tape over it, I think it's probably my fault when the engine goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The picture doesn't phase me one way or another. Art has to be very PC about dealing with players, especially one that has a multi-multi million $ contract and could go into the HOF. We're not talking about a long snapper who was mistreated by the equipment manager. Several of the players on the team wanted him back and I think he needed to show that he was at least open to seeing him. This is part of the gamesmanship that is needed for the media to gobble up and it beats a story that would paint a different picture if Art refused to see him. That would add another 3 weeks to the drama. I think this ties it off from an organizational perspective and now its just a matter of effecting a trade or other transaction getting AB the hell out of Dodge.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Disagree why?

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Aahh, the BIG picture.
    Art senior had the some of the worst teams in the NFL (40s, 50s, 60s).
    Dan Rooney was the leader between Bradshaw & Ben. Steelers in a slump.
    Art ll is the current ringleader & will sort it out without knee jerk reactions. Have some patience because it is not going to happen overnight. Our SB teams had some players that could lead others to the promise Land. Need to find some for this team.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015

I give up, you simply can't beat denial.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...6FE787CF1AAB7828EE6F6FE787CF1AAB&&FORM=VRDGAR

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Art2 is a coward. His refusal to dismiss an awful head coach and properly address personnel issues has wasted several championship caliber seasons and made this team a laughingstock.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this forum. You probably think what Smollet did was OK as well just because he's another brother. Heck, If Kaep were caucasian you wouldn't even know who he is.:facepalm:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  13. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

You aren't kidding.
    AB "We had a great meeting and I no longer want to play for your organization. Care to take a picture of this moment with me?"

Art2 "Why certainly! Let me move these chairs out of the way."

He's head clown of his own circus, if that's the way he does business.

Art Sr. would have probably put his cigar out in his right eye had someone acted like that to him.

This team is becoming more of a joke each and every day.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That’s exactly what I’m saying.

15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Hell no what smollett did was embrass himself like a fool for publicity because he was about to be off empire.

16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It would be such a bad look for Art II to act petty over this situation. I have no problem with him having his picture take with AB.

17. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

OK. I agree. Now he's going to be somebody's sister in prison.

18. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Sadly, he will love that :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who?