1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to face an ugly truth

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Formerscribe, Oct 1, 2018.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He had 5 TD's and over 300 yards against them in 2 games last year .

• Like Like x 2
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Putting all the blame aside, to say this team doesn't miss Bell is Yinzer denial in its highest form.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do agree he is past his prime for the NFL. I as I'm sure all Steeler nation are am so happy he spent it as a Steeler. It was a hell of a long time from Terry to Ben. If it takes that long again I will not be around to enjoy it.

4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    That’s totally gonna be the name of my new band!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not bell that this team is missing..... sadly.... we are missing Todd Haley the most.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

RHTHI? Rehire Todd Haley Immediately?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Bell ran for 144 yards and two touchdowns in the Steelers victory at Baltimore last season. He scored three touchowns in the victory over the Ravens in Pittsburgh. Please get your facts straight before you post next time. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Ravens dominated time of possession in the second half. The defense may have held them to field goals on those drives, but the Ravens got exactly what they needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BRICKS

BRICKS Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    I agree regarding Haley. This new guy let’s Ben run the show and so far that ain’t working.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Not hard to dominate TOP with Ben going 3 and out every time he went on offense in the second half..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben is hit or miss
    Conner sucks
    AB is really good
    JUJU is really good
    Washington lol
    Switzer is decent
    Vance is good
    JJ is decent
    villy sucks
    foster is meh
    pouncy overrated
    decastro really is good
    gilbert is good
    berry sucks
    bos is good
    cam overrated
    tuitt died
    hargrave meh
    big dan is soft
    bostic is ok
    vince sucks
    watt died
    bud is better but still sucks
    burns sucks
    hilton is good
    sutton sucks
    haden is ok
    davis is ok
    edmunds sucks
    coty sucks
    tyler sucks
    chickillo sucks

thats 1 hit or miss, 3 really good, 4 good, 1 meh, 2 overrated, 1 soft, 1 lol, 2 decent, 3 ok's, 11 sucks, and 2 dead.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, Bell's selling point is that he's a great runner who is also an outstanding receiver. Conner is doing fine as a receiver, but he's not coming close to Bell as a runner.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tuitt has died. He should be getting more backlash than Dupree this year.

• Like Like x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    and when your D can't get off the field. 1st and 20 ...2nd and 18...3rd and whatever it doesn't matter. When they were showing the game from the backfield it was absolutely sickening how they were letting guys just run free underneath. They weren't even trying to cover anyone. They couldn't cover for 2 seconds because of the asinine scheme they were running. I believe even Collingsworth finally said something about it.,that they had to try something new,but no they just kept doing the same **** over and over....FKBI.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I'll bet julio jones cant wait to get him some of this secondary sunday.........

16. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Again , with Bell SMDH
    What did we ever get to with him
    I hate stats because they really don’t prove ones worth to the team overall.
    We never won anything with him and now that he’s not here everyone wants to say he’s the reason we aren’t doing well .

We’re not using Vance enough for starters ,I think switzer has a place too.Washington , I mean come on , use him!And oh yeah ,we have AB and JuJu to!We could have such a dominant Offense that controls the clock and puts up 35 but we just don’t know WTH to do !Run double TE’s more , Conner is a downhill runner , he’ll pick up 2 or 3 yards to move the chains, but no, BB chucks it!Im so sick of seeing that same ol sheet!

Conner vs Bell is not the issue .
    This team just isn’t being run right at all

17. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Thats because we have no one to run it right. It all starts with CAPTAIN OBVIOUSLY

18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The Steelers won not 1 but 2 games vs the Ravens last season, so there's something.;+)

19. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
    Come on man , really?
    So the Cheats 18-1 season was a success

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I have a hard time blaming connor’s lack of success last night on his physical ability or lack there of. The run blocking last night was abysmal. Would bell’s patience have paid dividends? That’s always a possibility, but not sure it would be enough to make up for the line’s play.

• Agree Agree x 5
  21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If winning a Super Bowl is your only definition of success (I've been guilty of that in the past myself) then no, their 18-1 season wasn't one. But I've lowered my standards, since as we all know, the standard is the standard.
    Thinking that the loss of the most productive player from any team wouldn't hurt that team doesn't really make sense.
    If Bell was missing games due to injury instead of a holdout, most Steelers fans would have a different view of things. I don't take Bells decision personally, most Steelers fans do.

22. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The offensive line and Munchak get a pass way too often on here. They were terrible run blocking last night. Combine that with Ben playing stupid and being scatter armed and you get no points in the second half again.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    We? Are you a member of the team? Please just stop with the we stuff.

What the Steelers got with Bell was 13 victories and a division championship last year. They got a trip to the AFC Championship the year before. They were consistent contenders. To argue that a player is a failure because his team didn't get a ring is just ridiculous. Dan Marino never got a ring. By your logic he sucked. Jim Plunkett has two Super Bowl rings. By your logic, he was great.

Bell is better than Conner, a lot better. His absence is absolutely part of the reason the team is playing badly so far. I'm as frustrated by him as anybody, but not so much that I'm going to deny reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bell is definitely better than Conner and would be an improvement in that regard but I don't think his being here would have changed our record at all. For starters, Bell got off to a slow start last year, definitely did not carry the offense early. He got hot when Ben got hot.

Secondly, the line is blocking really poorly. The Cleveland game I believe they came out on a mission because they were pissed at Bell, they were opening holes for Conner. He hasn't had anything like that since that game. They also aren't committing to the run, probably because the blocking has been so poor. Part of that has been do to injury and part of that is because blocking used for Bell and Conner is different, they had to adjust on the fly. They probably didn't work on that at all during camp, believing Bell would show up.

The defense is the culprit. Not so much yesterday although still plenty of blame with the blown assignments, miscommunications and failing to get off the field on 3rd down. Still, had Ben played well, they probably win that game.

The Steelers get in gear about the 5th game. Atlanta is pivotal. If it's more of the same next week, I'm going to start looking at draft picks early this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
    Why do so many of you have this fantasy that we would be 4-0 with him
    And yeah “WE” if you can’t wrap your head around why so many fans say we then I don’t know what to say .
    I work in a steel shop as a welder , come on in there and tell us we shouldn’t say “we” when talking about a franchise we supported for decades