1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to bench Najee

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Tiggs99, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Those are two more big runs than Warren had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The point was can’t keep hiding behind stacked box excuses.

You’re not dumb Scribe, I know you can see the difference between the two when they run. Pointing to a very small sample size over and over doesn’t make your statement more valid. When compared over a whole season it was Warren who was the more effective runner.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Third-down backs are put in situations that make it easier to have a higher average per carry. The way they were used was different. Warren wasn't getting many goal-line carries, which hurt your average even when you succeed. He was getting more runs outside of a traditional back, such as the big play he had on a jet sweep. Your evaluation ignores that they were used differently, which is why it isn't valid.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with everything....except....Moore....I think He is better than people think, and if He was able to get the time instead of automatically thrust into the starting position like they are doing with Jones ...it would have helped Him like it will help Jones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You can take long runs away. LoL. Take long runs away for most RBs.....then what. My Friend just admit it's wrong.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah maybe the others, but not Bell. You seen what happened to Bell when He was the sole focus of a defense.(absolutely nothing)...like Najee is right now.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Apparently not:shrug:

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Explaining the difference on the Defenses they are facing to some of the people on here is like clapping with one hand.
    Yet even though Najee is running on rushing downs against the D, and Warren is running on primarily passing downs.....still Najee is gaining over two yards more a carry, and still people will spout nonsense. It's like the KFP thing.....people facts over feelings.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    What about the series where Warren was getting first and second down carry’s and looked much better???

But hey, good for you guys, no concerns that Harris might not be player he was drafted to be. Sweet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See what I mean. People think they see things they dont. On one of His 1st of 3 (I believe it was) 1st down carrys He was buried 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Again.....one is almost constantly running from 1st, and 2nd down, and the other is run mainly from a more favorable 3rd down. Yet Najee is still gaining over 2 yards more per carry.
    Look people....We need both....they both can help us.....I don't know what makes people do an either, or, but make no mistake who is better.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think he can be a solid starter on the right side. I agree that it made things a lot more difficult on him that he was thrown right into the lineup, but there are also benefits to getting so much experience so quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please don't put words in my mouth, especially ones that don't accurately reflect my statements or thoughts.

I wrote nothing about Harris being what he was drafted to be. I think if you are going to spend a first-round pick on a running back, he should be an elite back. Harris isn't that. I don't think he's going to be that.

My statements were about whether he should still be the starter or not, not whether he could be an elite running back or not. He was drafted that high to be an elite back. I'm not sure he has that in him, but he is still better than Warren.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not the series I am talking about. Harris was even shown on the sideline talking with Tomlin and didn’t look to happy about not being in the game.

Look, you can talk about different defenses and ypa and all that as much as you want but sooner or later you have to admit what you have been watching ain’t cutting it. That’s where I am at with Harris, I’ve defended him from the get go, one of the few that defended him last season while he was playing through a Lisfranc injury but two games into this season and the dam is breaking for me. He’s looked awful, he has a run here or there that is good but through two games he is below the line.

That’s my opinion, you don’t have to agree with it but eventually they will have to see what Warren can do as the lead back if Harris doesn’t start doing what he was drafted to do.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You do know what You are saying now is about the same thing You said about Ben when He was playing under Canada's system, and I tried telling You then....You weren't seeing the whole picture.....Yet You were sure it was Ben, and Not Canada......now You are sure it's Warren better than Harris because of what You think You are seeing......this will probably make you mad...so You will be even more feelings over facts, but I don't know what more facts I must show to prove You are wrong....so Im just :beathorse:
    We will have to agree to disagree

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You do know I never said Warren was better than Najee, right?

Being concerned that Najee might not be what he was advertised as and saying that Warren will need to be give a shot eventually if Najee doesn’t start playing better has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING you just rambled on about.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You have a starter with 16 carries for 74 yards, an average of 4.6 yards. You have a backup with nine carries for 26 yards, an average of 2.9 per carry. With that data, you think the backup has earned the starting job?

Yes, Warren has done more as a receiver, but most of that is as a third-down back. They can already use him there. Benching Harris makes no sense right now, especially when it is clear that the problems in the running game are piss-poor play by the offensive line and the lack of any consistent threat from the passing game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Two things, don’t care about that itty bitty sample size.

And you know I didnt say to make the switch now.

19. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Did Brooke just pull the Jimmy Two-Times there?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LMAO :lolol:

21. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    She just texted back, she said the second time was just for S.T.D. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    That was Bell after knee injury. He was not the same after Burfict hit. I saw Bell at Michigan State and he always had knack to be slippery and gain yards.

• Like Like x 1
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There's a role for both players, Warren is the third down back, the OL needs to play better to help both RBs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    “Not including all his good runs, all his remaining runs are bad.”

Sound logic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They also didn't have much interest in Humphrey either, they didn't attend his pro day.

• Like Like x 1