1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time for the Haters to Give Coach T Some Love

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Nov 19, 2020.

1. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Some people will never realize Tomlin is a good coach if they haven't realized by now. Watch and see how people respond after the 1st loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I'll reserve judgement until they don't crap the bed come playoff time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is the boat I'm in too. We haven't been a good playoff team in a long time. I want to see far more than regular season success

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We have won 9 games, that's all so far.:drinks::cool:

5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Win the Big Game this year and I will.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Beating Harbaugh and the Ravens at home counts :shrug:, the Ravens had the stats but the Steelers scheme on defense got the turnovers. Going on the road against a unbeaten Tennessee, going up 24-7 at halftime Tomlin>Vrabel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    We sure as hell could do a lot worse than Tomlin. Look around the NFL at what some
    teams have as HC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    i kind of feel bad for TomlinSux, oh well, poor guy, i hope he gets his life in order

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Tomlin has done a great job so far this year.

Last 10 years have pretty much been a failure. The # of playoff wins and upset losses says it all. You are what your record says you are. Good coaches with good QB's win playoff games. I'm hopeful Tomlin has progressed as a HC this year, at 9-0 it sure looks like it.

We will find out how good Tomlin is come playoff time. 16-0 or 9-7...it doesn't mean anything if you cant win in the playoffs. We have a HOF QB and plenty of talent around him...so there's really no excuse to not be more successful in the post season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I am a huge TOMLIN critic due to his playoff failure of the last ten years. However it would be silly to go crazy if they lose to Baltimore or Buffalo for example. We are not going 16-0 and need to keep things in perspective. Playoffs will be the show me time.

11. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    They won a lot of games in the past 10 seasons so no they haven't been a failure. They had opportunities to compete for the playoffs and Superbowl during the past 10 seasons so no they haven't been a failure.

Those seasons are only considered a failure to people who only count Superbowl wins as a measure of success. Myself and many others don't view the situation that way. Neither did the people that run the Steelers organization.

It's not about how good you are it's about how well you play. Our good QB/HOF didn't play well enough in many of those playoffs losses. Ben has issues performing consistently well in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Tomlin doesn't play in the games. That's that part that many people seem to miss when being overly critical of the coach. We need to analyze and look at why the team loss in each of those play off games. It never simply boils down to Tomlin. People like to take the easy road and simply blame the HC.

Ben comes out with his typical slow starts and turns the ball over come playoff time who are you going analyze?

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is comical that you don't think he has done that in his career.

14. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Well you could say the team is not prepared correctly or have a decent game plan or adjustment. You are right it’s probably not 100% on the coaching staff and some of it on the players choking but you have to be put in an opportunity to succeed and come playoff time for whatever reason that’s not been the case. 3 wins in 10 years and 1 of those is literally Cincinnati handing us a victory we had no right winning.

15. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Cowher certainly didn’t have a stellar playoff history either BUT look at his QBs compared to TOMLIN. Bill was losing to Troy Aikman and John Elway with the likes of Neil OD and Kordell. Ben will most likely be regarded as a top 10 QB all time when his career is over! Once Bill got Ben he finally won. If he stayed coaching we easily have at least 1-2 more Lombardis.

16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    He's no Marvin Lewis but he does OK.

I always liked having Tomlin as our HC. In all sports I believe HC's make a difference but I also believe a big part of being a great HC is having the players.

MLB is a prime example of a HC being as good as the players his team spends $$$$ on. Jim Leyland was a great Pirate Coach until he didn't have the players. NBA, Frank Vogel (local boy done good) couldn't win NBA title in Indiana because he didn't have a big man. Wins NBA title in LA because he had the best big man in the game.

Then we have our best friend, Bill Billafcuk, how's life without Brady under center??

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think we have been to 17 AFCCG so that would make us 8-9 in them. If we could have just won half of those losses we would have been in 12-13 SB's. We could have been in a quarter of all the SB's.

Some of those AFCCG I didn't expect to win. Example, no way rookie Ben was beating Brady. Worse one was the Chargers. I was younger, cocky and bragging my ass off that the Steelers were going to the SB.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This x 1,000

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You just have to remember to do what I do about that one, which is to remind myself that 49ers would have kicked the Steelers' asses, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    But Steelers D would have limited 49ers offense more than Chargers D.

21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    • Colbert
      It's been addressed ad nauseum about Tomlin on here...MY opinion, When the Steelers are gonna be in trouble is when this guy ( Colbert ) hangs it up...The best of the best, and the real NO. 1 reason behind the Steelers ALWAYS being beyond competitive!

Drafting is amazing!

Heath
      Ben
      Faneca
      Smith, Aaron
      Hampton
      Porter
      Ike
      Troy
      Diesel
      Clark, Ryan
      Santonio
      Townsend
      Woodley
      Timmons
      Gay
      Mendenhall
      Wallace
      AB ( pre crazy )
      Lewis, Keenan
      Bell
      Sanders, Emmanuel
      Heyward
      Vince
      Decastro
      Pouncey
      Big Al
      Shazier
      Gravedigger
      Tuitt
      Bud
      Watt
      Conner
      JuJu
      Dionte
      Bush
      Chase
      Sutton
      Dotson
      Highsmith
      Okorofor

WHAT an amazing list! How many HOF'ers! Continually Drafting at, or near the bottom of the rounds!

Hardly ever trade, or dabble in Free Agency...But even then , when we do...

Trades: Kimo, Bettis, Farrior, Haden Minkah...Just great, great trades!

Free Agency: DeAngelo Williams, Nelson, Vance, Ebron..Again, great!

I'm just a huge Colbert fan...I believe he's the best in the business

• Like Like x 1
  22. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Perhaps but I am not confident that Cowher would have been any better in the playoffs against Brady.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Cowher, If nothing else...Would have had a totally different game plan...No shootouts.. Run the ball, HOPEFULLY get the lead, play D..Stifling D

24. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Well you can say little about being prepared, game plans, or adjustments because fans don't know. What we can see and discuss is the execution by the players. It isn't a probably. Most of the wins and losses fall on the players.

Ben's playoff performances and statistics don't measure up to his regular season performances and stats. Are you suggesting that Ben is a choker in the playoffs? I don't view Ben as a choker. Just like I don't view Tomlin in a negative light regardless of the disappointing losses. Both had enough success in their careers that we should be past all the doubts and negative nonsense at this point.

25. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Cowher had his share of disappointing losses. It's the nature of sports. Cowher was a good enough coach to be in the HOF. Tomlin is on his way to joining him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1