1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time for something fun. (Suicide Squad)

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I've been looking forward to this one ever since the Comic Con teaser. New (official) trailer came out tonight. Looks great! (Go ahead and go full screen with the trailers. They look much better that way)

And in case you live under a rock and haven't seen it, the Comic Con teaser. (On a side note: I've never wanted to be a prison cell bar so much in my life...)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    No dude. Just no. I mean really, really, no. Just....dude. Totally, unequivocally, no. But I'm glad you're happy though. LOL! The Jared Leto Joker is just sooooooo bad. The Joker is my second favorite character of all time, in any medium of entertainment. So I'm extremely picky on portrayals of him. Nicholson was bad. Ledger was worse. But Leto takes the cake for me. Mark Hamill for life! I mean dude just LISTEN to this!

3. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    <sigh>

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :roflmao:

5. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Just kidding, of course.

Look. I know everyone has their favorites. But dude, you have to be like... the only guy on the planet who didn't appreciate Ledger's Joker.

Mark Hamill is the voice of the Joker. Absolutely. He's also OLD! And can't appear as the Joker here. I don't mind seeing a different take now and then rather than someone merely aping someone else.

(I happen to agree that Leto's Joker is a tad off putting. But I'm willing to give it a try. I'm more interested in the rest of them anyway for this.)

Besides... everyone knows that the only REAL Joker is Cesar Romero. ;)

I get being set on a certain idea of how things should be (see my Game of Thrones rants). But it also doesn't hurt to just let it go and have fun now and then. THIS movie looks like fun.

(And don't dare whine about Harley's accent. :) Or outfit. Yes, there's an iconic look and sound to Harley. It's also a CARTOON.)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    HERE! LOL!

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I mean I did appreciate the fact that Ledger made him darker like he is in the comics but I hated the way they did his hair and also the whole thing he did where he would stick his tongue out and self mutilate I didn't like. I know that Ledger was trying to do more of the Alan Moore Joker, which is totally the best Joker ever in the comic, well maybe it's a tie between that and Morrison's Arkham Asylum Joker, but I just thought he went overboard adding his own stuff to it. The best villain in the Nolan films was Scarecrow really. Don't even get me started on Bane and Two-Face. Man Eckhart sucked HARD! I really think that in the films they should just let Mark Hamill voice the Joker the way James Earl Jones voices Vader. The thing about the Joker too is that there are really sorta two Jokers. There is basically the pre Miller and Moore Jokers and the post Miller and Moore Jokers. Romero is definitely a pre Miller and Moore Joker and that's more what Nicholson tried to do. Mark Hamill is actually about to play the Joker again in the animated adaptation of The Killing Joke. I do know a LOT of people that consider Ledger's Joker vastly overrated. I think he did an admirable job but he's definitely not the definitive Joker. Troy Baker is actually awesome at voicing the Joker too because he can sound just like Mark Hamill. Mark Hamill is sorta like Alan Young. There's just nobody that can bring Scrooge McDuck to life like Alan Young and nobody can bring the Joker to life like Mark Hamill.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    That was intentional, and for a reason.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Tardive+dyskinesias

He was psychotic and a long term user of anti-psychotic meds. Which begs the question: Is the Joker (Ledger's version) scarier because he's ON meds, and still psychotic, or because he's finally off meds that kept him in check? ;)

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Have to admit, Letos Joker has me skeptical but Ledgers Joker was the best ever, the fact that Blount doesnt like it, confirms to me that it was in fact the best portrayed Joker to date.

The Killing Joke, was the best comic adaption of the Joker, which is why I think I like Ledgers version, it reminds me of that.

10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Well, Batman vs. Superman was... very disappointing. It had its moments, but overall, there was little joy to be found. Hey, I LOVE dark stories. But dark for the sake of dark just ends up being a buzz killer.

To my surprise, Affleck wasn't a total disaster as Batman. Not the best, but not a franchise killer like Clooney and Kilmer. And dare I say? I might like his Bruce Wayne better than anyone else???

I like the new Superman. But it really feels like whoever is in charge has zero idea of how to make Superman interesting. I'll grant you, it's tough. You really have to raise the stakes to make SM look like he's in for a struggle, but geeeez......

Jesse Eisenberg. Loved him in Zombieland and American Ultra. As Lex Luthor? GTFO. He sucked out loud (or Lex was written extremely poorly).

Gal Gardot is still too willowy to be playing Wonder Woman. Does not look the part at all. And yet... I kind of liked her once she started fighting. She was the only one that seemed to be having anything resembling fun.

DC needs a big rebound. SS is going to be it. Is it August yet?

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm in it just for Harley Quinn.

11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Really looking forward to the animated version of The Killing Joke. Are we allowed to ask spoilers questions about it here? I'd like your take (and BFT's and anyone else who read it) on the ending.

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    MEh, not up for it. The problem is that it's coming on the heals of Guardians and Deadpool.

The bad guys over the top stuff has been done already and these aren't characters that the general public can really identify with. I view it in the same vein and DC's Legends of tomorrow.

might go see it, but not getting hyped over it.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Just for you, Ray.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1