1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time for some reverse psychology with this team.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brews Crew, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It almost seems to me that this team falls victim to the media, kind of like Superman falls victim to kryptonite. When the Steelers lay an egg, like yesterday, like Tampa Bay and like Baltimore and like the second in Cleveland, the fans gets down on them, starts calling for changes and the media beats them up and wants to know what's going on with this team.

The team in turns seems to get a chip on their shoulder and steps up their game, plays the way they are capable of and rips off a few convincing wins. Now the media steps in and starts showing the team and players some love and tells everyone how the ship has been righted, points out the "weak" teams they have remaining on their schedule, anoints them as contenders again and then comes the next drubbing!

I think the team plays much better with a chip on their shoulder so I say it's time for some reverse psychology. Maybe Tomlin and company should start preaching to them that based on their trends, they are the weekly underdog and maybe then, they will live up to their ability and play like the team that beat the Ravens, Texans and Colts.

2. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I agree with everything you said except for the part about ripping off "a few convincing wins". Our wins are rarely convincing.