1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time for O-line to step up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think the key to Monday's game is the offensive line play. Even with Harrison and maybe Polamalu out, I think our defense is good enough to hold the 49ers to about 14 points. That is, IF the offense doesn't give any gifts of points or red zone field position. Whether it is Batch, Dixon, or a hobbled Ben, this game is up to the offensive line to win or lose. Here is what I think are the keys:

No drive killing, stoopid holding or offsides penalties.
    Keep the quarterback(s) clean (even if it DOES mean violating the key above).
    Create reasonable holes for 3-4 yard gains. That is enough.
    No personal foul penalties.

So step it up O-line and position coaches. It is your turn to shine.

2. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    We have come to expect the Steelers to rise to the occasion when they are challenged like this - so I have no doubt, we will see them play at a higher level than usual. Will it be at a high-enough level? That's why they play the game. :)

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I really hope Pouncey is going to play.....I think I read Kemo is out but, still, not a huge fan of Essex either ;-)

4. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :hmmm: You forgot we have Kemo!

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think this thread should be deleted. Last week had a similar keys to victory thread and all the worst hopes to NOT happen, happened....

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You are asking alot from this under achieving group. Not much talent or nastiness in this group.
    Save for M. Pouncey.

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I will settle for < 3 sacks.

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We will probably have less than 3 but it will be because we only pass it10 or so times

9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Lets get the running game churning with a one two punch and this will open up the passing game for short throws and with the wr's speed they can take a couple to the house.We have to bring the physicality to this game.No stupid,and self inflicted penalties and dumb plays and we are good.