1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

tickets

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by punkneater, May 13, 2012.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    For the first time since they've been doing it this way...I FORGOT TO SET MY ALARM...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I've gotten tickets like every year they've been doing it too and I like it this way...but damnit I cant believe I forgot to set my alarm. Oh well guess I'll have to work to get some tickets this year, haha.

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Im not sure what people are talkin about as far as it being a farce. I got 2 tickets to the KC Monday night game... My buddy got tickets to the Redskins and the Bengals game.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    To be fair, I've been trying for the Ravens/Patriots the past couple years, but to be shut out 3 years in a row for those games is crazy. I just feel like somehow some of those seats are already taken pre-sale?

I guess you just need to go for the less attractive games?

4. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    its too bad the rooneys dont care about the fanbase. thousands of people waiting on the season ticket list and they cant even give us a shot at the few available. they sellout to ticketmaster to make a little money. go on ebay and look how many brokers have tickets for sale today. you cant tell me this system is on the level. i had 5 phones and a computer working today and all i could get was 4 individual tickets in 4 different sections. im in the door but not real happy with the rooneys.

5. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    Give me a break dude. The Rooney's not caring about the fanbase? Go root for the damn Dolphins or something.

6. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

so you're telling me that this system looks out for steelers fans more that the old way?
    my bad, you probably only became a steeler fan the last couple years and dont know about the old way.

7. ravenhater

ravenhater Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I had two yesterday to the Redskins game. First time I ever got through on it. I should have just bought them because that is the game I wanted but I screwed it up and ended up not getting them. I saved them in my checkout cart thinking they would still be there and went looking for others. Didn't see the fine print that they would still be released even if I didn't actually purchase them. I couldn't find anything better and by the time I went back to get them they were gone so that sucked.

I stewed about it all day and I just went on there just messing around to see if I could find anything thinking nothing would be there. I was surprised to see that some of the games still had tickets left. Thet were only single tickets though. Started looking around at the different games to see where the single tickets were and you all might want to do the sme if you are still looking. I just bought two for the Bengal game on 12/23 so super excited. They are not sid by side. They are seats 5 and 7 in a row in one of the upper deck sections and I figured whoever is in seat 6 would be happy to switch with me and my wife so we could sit next to each other. At the worse there will be some stranger in between us (LOL).

If you are still looking for tickets check out the individual seats that are left. I can't find any that are side by side. The two I found were the closest. There are some for some games though that are in two rows back to back and the same seat so if you don't mind the person you are with could be seated in front of you instead of side by side. Just a possiblity if anyone is still looking around. I think the Cleveland game may have some seats side by side. Just zoom in on the seats and then scan the stadium. The little black dots are the open single seats still left for purchase.

So I will be in the house on 12/23. Hopefully we are still in it and hopefully the weather coroporates for our drive and back. Maybe it could be a NBC flexes game that is for the division.

8. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    After giving this much thought, my mistake was wanting 3 seats. I assume NOW (after reading everyone's comments) that 3 seats together for the skins game was unrealistic-- my bad. They probably weren't available in that quantity in the first place. Anyways, at about 10:05 I quickly adjusted my requests and grabbed some good deals for other games. With all due respect to the Rooneys, the old way was definately more fair for those of us on the season ticket waiting list-- the new way is without a doubt more profitable for the brokers, scalpers, and Rooneys. I'm not complaining, just explaining. Welcome to the world we live in.

9. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    It's a popular team, people are going to miss out on tickets (unless you're willing to open your wallet). Stop whining.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    @muthjv Why is it the Rooney's fault?

11. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    That was my thought TTF. You can say that the system could be better but to say the Rooney's don't care about the fans is the biggest crock I've ever heard.

12. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    you think someone else in the organization went over his head to make a deal with ticketmaster?

13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah I have kind of figured this, I am curious why 3 together is such a problem though? It almost sounds like people going for 3 or 4 or getting moved to the back of the line, that doesn't seem fair?

Is it not just an open block of seats to fill from left to right in a row?

Are their season tickets holders up in the 500 section that are sparsed in you have to account for? Is that why it is such a problem?

If not, there seems like there should be some kind of change in the software reserving spots, because if it is just an open block I don't see why 3 in a row would be such a problem unless you are too late to the party when trying to buy the tix in the first place?

14. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

even you cant be niave enough to believe tha the rooneys arent profitting more using ticketmaster than the old way.
    so logic and common sense indicates that they would rather make more money thru ticket master than be loyal to the fans that have been on the season tickets waiting list form years.
    it isnt that hard to comprehend.

15. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm sure you're right that the evil Rooney family makes every call on every detail of the organization, and that they are penny pinchers :roflmao:

16. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

wow, i guess you can be thay niave :facepalm:
    you're are the perfect fan.

17. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    It's 'naive' and you're is the same as you are, not 'you're are.'

[​IMG]

18. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012

yipppeee. i guess you being the grammar police makes up for you being wrong about the tickets eh?

19. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
  20. Steelermama

Steelermama Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This was our experience....the first year( used one computer) we tried we got through on ticketmaster on the first try and got 4 great seats, second year we had three computers going....took awhile to get through, but ended up getting 4 tickets to one game, and two tickets to three other games, this year we had two computers going and got nothing. We (especially me) were extremely disappointed. After reading all the stories on here, I feel like ticketmaster is the luck of the draw. I also feel very lucky to have been to 4 Steelers games in the last two years. I feel sorry for the people who have never been....it is such an awesome experience!

21. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I ended up buying our tickets through Stub Hub. Granted we paid a premium for them but with 7 of us coming from Iowa we did not want to take a chance. Got 50 yd line 7 rows in the upper deck. Can't wait to see the Steelers pound on RG3 and the Skins!!!

22. taurus94

taurus94 Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Got 4 tickets together for skins game only 1 computer

23. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This is pretty much it...IT IS the luck of the draw...always has been...thats how TM works. And obviously the greater amount of people (or computers) trying to get tickets at the same time...its going to be nuts and possible long waits and not getting anything because there are SOOOOO many trying. As each year has gone by...i'm willing to bet the number of people AND computers trying has greatly increased. People will complain no matter what way they do the tickets. Back when it was to waiting list members only...there were people who'd complain they couldn't get any...or that they were in Cali and they're order didnt get there in time/etc. Eventually they'll learn to live with it or just not try for tickets.

24. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I went for tickets (and got them) along with a few friends and more of us got them than not. I've realized the secret is get them to a game that's not as popular, and later in the year.