1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tickets on sale at Ticketmaster

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by troybellringer55, May 20, 2016.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If you guys want to beat the rush before the public sale. Tickets went on sale at ticketmaster to season ticket waiting list members at 10AM today . Type WAITING into the box and you can access the tickets.

Looks like all the tickets are upper level endzone.

Your out of luck if you wan the Cowboys, Patriots, or Bengals game. There was hardly any available.

I didn't buy any since I dislike sitting in that section of Heinz Field, but if anybody wants early access, there you go!

2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    There is usually a couple of luxury suites available for games, they have an 18 person capacity and rent out for between 20K to 25K, there are two suites available for the bengal game on sept 18 and 2 suites available for the chief game Oct 2 for example, it seems expensive but split 18 ways it could be an experince to live it up at not a really high price pro rated, Each luxury box includes the finest amenities, VIP parking passes, and premium catering options...........

3. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I've thought about that before but, still, it's over $1,000 per person for a regular season game and the catering is usually extra. What's nice about the suite level at Heinz is that it's below the upper deck. Many stadiums (and arenas) put their luxury suites near the top of the building.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Catering is extra, and it's at a premium price. They are very good seats.

5. NJSteelerFan

NJSteelerFan Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thanks for the ticket and PW info. I got a couple tickets for the home Jets game to take my son for his 10th birthday (which is on 10/10)! The seats are crappy upper tier corner, but he won't care. :yeehaw:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    I estimate it would cost about 1400 per person including food and beverage catering, it's an experience everyone would like to do once in their lifetime, to go first class once is a memory no one will ever forget it's not for anyone who cant afford it of course but I dont think it's so expensive it's out of reach of the average fan, there is at least one suite available for every home game, watching the pats get their asses kicked while sitting in the lap of luxury would be worth every cent, if I was 20 years younger I would go for it....

7. EddieBurro

Jan 22, 2016
    I've been in suites many times for MLB, NBA, and NFL games. I've never paid for it. It's always been by invitation. Some suites are much better than others. I've been in the ones at Heinz (but only on the stadium tour) and they're nice.

Pros of being in a suite: The food is much better. The overall comfort is much better. You have tv's inside the suite which means you get all the advantages of being at home watching the game on tv (or, you can have other games going on -- I watched a Clowns game from a suite in Cleveland's stadium and we were watching other games on tv in the suite during the game so we could be following our fantasy players during the game). Bathroom access is almost worth the $1,400 per person in itself (no lines, at all). You can raid the liquor cabinet and go home with bottles of Grey Goose, Jack, etc (depending on who has to pay the ultimate bill and whether you care about sticking them with it). You're in a climate-controlled environment (which is a huge plus in late Fall/Winter in the Burgh).

Cons: I feel like you're kinda removed from the action. You're isolated in a box and not sitting out in the open air with the rest of the fans (waving a Terrible Towel in the back of a room at the stadium doesn't have quite the same feel). I think a lot of that has to do with who you're stuck in your box with. If it's some strangers, some who you can tell are more 'casual fans' then it can kinda suck. If they're buddies or fellow die-hards that are 100% emotionally invested in the game then it could be an awesome experience. Another thing I don't like about the isolated box is the windows on the suite. Sometimes they can open, sometimes they don't (I don't recall what the windows were like at Heinz). Sometimes they can open but it's just cold enough so that somebody's wife wants the window shut and you have to be sealed in a room while at the game (which just doesn't, again, feel to me like you're a part of the crowd. Also, the view of the field can be restricted. There is front row seating in the boxes and there is standing room only. You could be stuck in a suite without a nice view of the field and find yourself at the game watching the game on tv in a room at the stadium. I didn't mind that in say, Dodger Stadium, because I couldn't care less what was happening on the field. I was just hanging with the people in the suite and eating great food. For a Steelers game, I couldn't care less about the food or the peeps, I'd only be concerned about getting a front row in that suite -- and keeping it (once you get up to go the restroom, you'll come back to somebody else sitting in the suite).

I guess that's all I can think of . . . oh, one more con I remembered -- $1,400!

I think I'd rather go about a third or half of that and get a club seat. I have no idea what the perks are in club seating at Heinz but for NBA games they're amazing. I went to a Brooklyn Nets game at Barclay Center, got a club seat, and it gave me all-access, all I could eat, in a little food court (like you'd find in a mall) in club level. Burgers, pot roast, chicken sandwiches, wraps, cheesecake from Junior's, name it. All free. Portland TrailBlazers have an open buffet for club level members. Like a fancy, Golden Corral where you load up your plate and take it back to your seat to watch the game. And the Dallas Mavericks have an upscale buffet that feels more like a fine dining experience.

I know some people on here recommend club seats at Heinz so I'm guessing some have actually sat there. I haven't. Can anybody share what the perks are in that section?

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  8. EddieBurro

Jan 22, 2016
    Curious . . . Why would you have to be 20 years younger to "go for it?"

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Club seats:
    Not too high, not too low. Just right. Separate entrances with generally no line. Some are sheltered from rain if you are in the back rows. Generally along the sidelines. Shorter to no lines for food, booze and bathrooms. Heated area which allows you to stay warm until kickoff and at half time. Better selection of food. Several full bars. Bars stay open past 3rd quarter, actually until one hour after the game. Not as many drunks. Downside, not as many true fans. Access to parking next to the stadium. Average face value is around $260.

I froze in peanut heaven in three rivers for 30 years. Now that I'm old and crotchety, I wouldn't trade my club seats.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    20 years ago, I remembered what "it" was.

11. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    20 years younger, Only because my health wont allow me to travel from AZ to Pitt and back.......

12. EddieBurro

Jan 22, 2016
    Ah. Sorry to hear that.

13. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the only thing I would add to this is the bathrooms are considerably nicer too.
    If anyone's been to the North Club, it's kind of like club box lite. But, one really nice advantage is the last row in that section (row 4 I believe) is actually inside behind the glass, with those seats essentially being at a bar where you can put your food or drink .

14. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    The prices are nuts. I was really hoping to bring my youngest son to his first home game for the home opener. We live in Wi so it's a tall order. Anyone have any suggestions on getting a reasonably priced / half way decent seats? I hate to travel to Pittsburgh and sit in the nose bleeds. For those prices I'll just pass. :(

15. Bilpitt**

Bilpitt** Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Generally, the Bengals game is usually one of the cheapest to buy on the secondary market but because its the home opener and the recent history between the 2 teams, its going to be a lot tougher find and more $$$ to buy than usual. I'd try the general ticketmaster sale on the 17th (June). Log on early and try for a pair of the better seats instead of the cheapest ones. You just might get lucky if you log on early enough and you'd be paying face value too. I wouldn't recommend coming down here from WI without tickets. Demand for the home opener is usually high and "scalper" prices will be too. I don't think that its worth taking a chance.

The best bet for scoring reasonably priced seats this season is probably the KC game (unless you want to spend Xmas or NY in Heinz Field). That game is at night and night games seem to draw poorly. There are always tons of tickets for sale on the street. I would expect that prices on Stubhub/Ticket Exchange will reflect this, since most season ticket holders know that this is a hard sell to begin with.

Hope this helps

16. Bilpitt**

Bilpitt** Member

Apr 23, 2016
    I'd also add that Club (at least East Club) has a big ingress/egress advantage. There's a stairwell next to the bank of elevators that leads directly to street/parking lot level. You can stay until the end of the game and be out of the stadium and half-way across the parking lot before most of the people have gotten out of their sections.

17. TheOtherGodfather

TheOtherGodfather New Member

May 24, 2016
    Bummer too. (Cowboys) I was looking for tickets to that game for my future Father In Law. He's never been to a pro game. At least 'Yinz' don't have 'luxury' boxes below the field like we do at 'Jerryworld'. Why anybody would pay to go to a game and not be able to see it except on the huge video screens escapes me.

18. EddieBurro

Jan 22, 2016
    I'm more interested in Pens' tickets at the moment.

19. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Game 7....going to be so stressful.

20. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Go Penguins.

21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hey Quick Question:

Most of the tickets are already gone. Will there be more tickets available / set aside for the general sale?

There is going to be some upset fans if everything is already sold out come June 17.

22. EddieBurro

Jan 22, 2016
    It was stressful. But oh so beautiful!

I can't make it to any of the games in the Burgh unless it goes the full 7.

I'll be going to game 3 in Cali instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    In the past, there were generally some single tickets available.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Games later in the season tend to be easier to buy outside the stadium. There are a lot of fair weather fans.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You can get good seats under $200 for most games.
    I've sat just about everywhere except club seats and the only ones I didn't care for we're the double letter rows in the upper level and the upper level end zone ( only because they're bleacher seats)
    Wait till closer to the game and buy tickets from stubhub or the ticket exchange.