1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Throwback posted by NFL on Facebook

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011

I don’t remember being in Heinz Field for the Maddox era.

Brought back some names I had forgotten as well. Farrier was a beast of a free agent pick-up. Fuamatu-Malafalalalalala!

• Like Like x 2
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They have the 2014 opener on the NFL mobile app where it was the birth of the killer B's and the Steelers giving up a 27 to 3 lead after the half. I had blocked out how bad the defense had gotten at that point. I really hate to say it but that 17 min highlight really showed Troy had begun to lose his skills. Also that Jarvis Jones was never going to be the answer anymore than Cam Thomas was a legit DL choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I had forgotten about Cam Thomas. Curse you for bringing back that painful memory.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Bad defense but fun football. Those back to back 6 td games

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    I was there against the Browns, it was amazing and cold .
    Remember Randel -El and Fu had good games.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    That was a better Browns team than the one we will face tonight. Remember it like it was yesterday... watching it on my old 25" standard definition CRT TV. One of the best playoff comebacks in NFL history.

7. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I was there also. Some browns fan in our section was so drunk she got kicked out for showing her chest to section. I remember being down in the 4th and a few older lady's in front of me said to us that is enough were leaving gonna beat the traffic. I told them if they left then they would miss the greatest comeback in Heinz field history up until that point. They laughed at me and said yinz are very drunk. We were but Id like to think I was right. Great atmosphere, I remember Renagade being played every chance they had in the 4th quarter.

8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelerfnVA.

Great comeback victory. I thought that Maddox was our solution to the QB carousel. Unfortunately not. Well let me rethink that. OK. Because after Tommy-Gun then came Ben and the drought was over. Hopefully, Ben will be okay next year. I, think he will be. If not, I really do feel good about Mason. We will see. Let's just stay focused on tonight's game and stay in the present for now.

Back to the post,Steeler playoff football, the victory, the snow. What else? Life did not get much better than that. STEELWINDS

9. SteelerfnVA

Nov 7, 2011
    No it does not. It was my first playoff game the atmosphere was awesome. We got there at 9 a.m, I remember sitting in a empty stadium parking lot with my friends on a cooler that we carried from the North Side where we parked to a tailgate that was not there yet. We were so excited we showed up before they opened the stadium lots. We drank off the freezing temps.

10. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    My brother tried to get me to leave too , but I said 1 more play and that is when we made that Pic in the 3rd quarter to turn the game around and the rest is history . I remember running across the Clemente Bridge on cloud 9.

11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Bruce Arians was the Browns OC in that game. They had the ball with just over 2 minutes to play and a 4 point lead. Arians called 3 straight passes that were incomplete and gave the Steelers time to march down the field and win the game.

12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelerfnVA.

I am glad "Memory Lane" was good to you! Hopefully, we get some Playoff football this year. Right now, we are looking good. However, we have to keep the pedal to the metal as the saying goes. We have to treat each game from here on in as a Playoff game. The team "seems" to be focused. This is where Tomlin's "supposed strength" ("Motivation") needs to be kicked into overdrive. However, that will only take us so far.

As I, and others have been stating the obvious, the "D" has been carrying us. That is okay to a degree as the roles have been reversed from years past. The "O" and Special Teams though have to bring it up a few notches now. We have to get this Steel Machine "Functioning in Unison". We have grinded out some tough wins. As I stated in another thread, I do not care if we win 2-0. However, the more complete a game we play the better the chances of a victory. STEELWINDS

13. SteelerfnVA

Nov 7, 2011
    Agree, I think these next few weeks is where we will be able to tell if Captain Aviator can do this job. If he can have this team ready and prepared to play for the next 6 weeks without falling back into what we know so well he has done his job this year and we should at least be a wildcard team. I still think we should explore the 49ers DC and the guy from Dallas, I love the fire in both of them. Randy needs to get it together as well, Im used to seeing the D look overwhelmed and confused but the offense looks absolutely lost at points. I know losing your HOF QB is the major factor but we look like a chicken without a head sometimes. As a football coach its confusing because I know the preparation we do for HS and I know the prep work we did in college but I cant help and sit there wondering what these coaching staff is doing in meetings developing the game plan. I sometimes think they dont even meet.

Things are trending in the right direction because of the D if we can sure somethings up we will play at least 1 game in the playoffs. The schedule is on our side.

14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelerfnVA.

Yeah, I mean none of us have a clue as to what is happening at "Steelers Central" in regards to coaching, game-day preparation, etc. The optics (primarily play calling) at times really has some of us scratching our heads. I do not like to make assumptions on other people's job performances without knowing all of the facts. However, with what facts we do have regarding "Captain Aviator" and his job performance, I really am not that impressed; haven't been for years now. I was for the first five years or so but that feeling has pretty much diminished during the second half of his coaching career in Pittsburgh. Given that, I try to stay fair and impartial. For now, he is our leader, so I will support him. Not without unjust criticism but will support him. STEELWINDS