1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Three Steelers make first team All-Pro

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 3, 2020.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I am not. The Arizona Cardinals definitely had a bad year but that does not make Chandler Jones a bad player. He has 19.5 sacks to go with those 8 Forced Fumbles.

For a comparison, T.J. Watt has 14.5 sacks to go with 8 Forced Fumbles. Now that said, T.J. Watt has recovered 4 fumbles and has 2 interceptions to his name; 3 more takeaways to T.J. Watt's credit than Chandler Jones 3 fumble recoveries. The metric should tilt in T.J.s favor but here is where the devil is in the finite details.

Pass rushers are supposed to get to the QB first and foremost. The more times they do, the better for their team. Chandler has 5 more sacks than T.J. That said, I am assuming that factored into the higher voting count for Chandler.

That said, I still would have T.J. Watt over Chandler myself but for whatever reason, multi role pass rushers are not as celebrated as they should be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Rosie is signed through 2021 with a minimal cap hit. He stays. With a year off of the knee he should be able to come back strong. Grab a blocking tight end who can also be used as a full back if needed in the later rounds.

3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I thought he ever played...Could be wrong

4. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers likely looked at their drafting the last few years in the first round and said, eff this, we are getting a DB who is young and can ball, right now. Edmunds and Burns birthed this move and it worked.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yeah, I don't see Big Ben under center too much next year.

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They need to keep a balance offense and use a more smash mouth mentality. Bens throwing should be a lot less I believe coming off a major injury. Wouldn't be smart to wear out that elbow. Snell should take a step up. He got better as the season wore on. Some pulling from the O line would be a welcomed site.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I actually saw that Edmunds got a vote earlier today. Unbelievable

I think DJ’s return vs Arizona was a big factor. Delighted for him

Decastro was hard done by to get so few votes but Pouncey didn’t deserve any he was very average this year

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The evil empire is dead!

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
  11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey bigbenhotness.

Yeah, just like they took advantage of the SB caliber offense all these years? :frown new: I will try to remain optimistic. First, and foremost, will Ben be back and at what playing level. If he is where he was before the injury, on paper, and I reiterate on paper, we look pretty good IMO on both sides of the ball. I like my Formidable #2s (as I call them) in the WR group. We do need a solid RB (Conner is undependable unfortunately.) and a dependable TE. I am still holding out hope that McDonald can fill that role. I really like this guy. He could be dominate and has shown flashes.

I'll tell you what. I know that there has been some speculation of Bell coming back to us. I would pick him up in "N.Y. Minute" as the saying goes. I talked about this several weeks ago here. He is a pure game-changer. A RB that also gets 80+ catches per year. Can line up as a WR. Make no mistake anyone, Bell is special. He had great chemistry with the O-Line and Ben. Teams have to specifically game-plan for him. He did not leave on bad terms IMO and I for one would welcome him back.

For optimistic sake let's say Ben is back. I think that even with that the "O" needs to be more balanced with the running game gaining more usage. This will benefit the "O" as a whole by spreading the scheme around and it will pare down how much Ben has to throw. Just because he comes back healthy does mean he is going to stay that way. Make no mistake folks, this was a serious injury, season-ending. Never good. The "O" plan around Ben should really parallel the way it was designed when he was a rookie. Pass 20-25 times a game. Maybe a few 300 yard plus games here and there. A strong running game and a great "D". That would be a good formula IMO for the "O".

We know what we have on "D". If they can duplicate what they did this season and build on that, that would be great! Hopefully, Tuitt will be back and we can retain Hargrave and Dupree. Regarding Dupree, yes he had a good season. Definitely his best so far but I am not going to say he lit the World on fire either. Given that, him and TJ together is what we have been waiting for so lets hope that Management can keep all of the current "D" parts together.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1