1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Three Rivers Stadium...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SC Gamecock, Jan 30, 2012.

1. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :rawk: That my friend is the truth!

2. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Three Rivers was a dump......But it was our dump.....And we won a lot of games there!!! I was not sorry to see it go...but we won 4 in that house....I will always have a soft spot for that dump in my heart!!!

3. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I have over 200 Steelers games on DVD, including the first ever game at TRS: the 1970 Steelers-Giants preseason game.

One question I always have had about the 70s games at TRS, and some of you may remember/know this: What the heck was up with all those parked cars on the field???

4. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It was just promotion / sponsorship stuff.

My favorite thing at TRS was when the fans in the lower sections got all fired up and started bouncing the seats (the ones that moved out and around for football). There were "flaps" at the bottom that would fly open and closed as the seats bounced. Awesome...just awesome!

5. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    :cry: :this!:

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I miss watching it on tv through the bouncing of the stadium from the noise. That was also an unreal feeling when you were in it. Heinz field is nice and pretty but will never have that due to the open end. I had just gotten to ft bragg and could not see trs go down live but i will always miss that place the igloo as well

7. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i have a piece of turf