1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think we all want the same thing. Some people take the criticism of Tomlin almost on the personal level. I like the guy too as I outlined in my long winded post. Heaven forbid you express your frustration and even bring up facts to support your side you still get labeled a hater, troll and not a real fan. If your real lucky you’ll get free psychoanalysis of how your life is and how to live it. I’m not arrogant to say I’m the biggest Steeler fan in the world but I’m confident when I say there is none bigger. Some people get satisfaction watching our team compete and are happy as long as they deem their performance satisfactory. I’m all or nothing, that’s me. To each his own but it’s ignorant to question someone’s fandom.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    No I’m looking to hold you accountable for the things you say. Tell me where I’m confused because I think you the one confused. Show me where I’m confused about two different topics. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If it makes you feel better to blame the HC for Duck throwing bonehead ints, then go right ahead :facepalm:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    There you go again bringing useless information into the conversation. Did he say the defense was a problem? He said Tomlin came here with a resume that included him being a DB coach. That would be his specialty. You are denying that fact.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're trying compare the Steelers drafting and starting O'Donnell, to the team being desperate due to injuries and having to play Duck an UDFA as the third string QB :shrug:. O'Donnell was drafted to be a game manager type QB that Cowher liked.

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If being a DB coach was his specialty, then he would coach the DBs himself duh :shrug:.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    You specifically said it was Cowhers fault for choosing NO. What exactly were his options? Did Tomlin choose to have Hodges on the roster? Yes. Did Tomlin choose to bench MR against Cincy? Yes. Could MT have played Lynch if he so chose? Yes. Did he? No. So Tomlin chose Hodges because he didn’t have the best options. Same as Cowher chose NO.?
    Still confused?

• Like Like x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Man how deep are you gonna keep digging this hole for yourself. Sometimes it’s easier to just admit you’re wrong,cut bait and move on. Every coach has a specialty coming up,the ranks,duh. Do you expect every HC to be a position coach as well as HC duties because it’s his forte? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    O'Donnell wasn't a bad QB, he had a bad game against the Cowboys in the SB though.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I believe the only time he coached DBs was with Tampa Bay, went to Minnesota as DC, then to Pittsburgh as HC. I would say you could make the statement defense is supposed to be his specialty more so than DBs.

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    If your strategy is to keep chasing your tail around and around until you or I get tired I’d say you’re doing a fine job.
    And to think you said I was confused....

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    5 years as a DB coach for TB.....1 year DC for Minn....So seeing he has 5 x the experience as a DB coach I’d say it’s his specialty. If DC was his specialty I guess we’d be able to get on him even more for some of the incompetent defenses we’ve fielded under his watch. Maybe I’ll start a new thread:shrug:.....lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pengvin67

Pengvin67 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    All or nothing is where it's at. You don't win a Super Bowl, no one remembers. I mean I don't sit around bragging to my football friends that the coach of my team has a never had a losing season. Lol All you gotta say is Tim Tebow and Blake Bortles and you shut up real quick. Like real quick! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pengvin67

Pengvin67 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Just for the sake of argument, which I don't even know why I'm saying that, because that's all this thread is. LoL

So if your child or someone you are responsible for makes a mistake and decides to steal something from a department store or throw rocks at cars driving by, and the police come to your place and say, hey you gotta straighten this kid out or else....you respond...

If it makes you feel better to blame ME as the responsible parent for my kid doing bonehead things, then go right ahead....

How far do you go with your argument there?

• Like Like x 1
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Nobody said it was, why would you say this. The comment was about Tomlin and his specialty...... OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!! :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Perfect I blame Tomlin now we can put this to bed ty!!!!!

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks man not sure who is confused now......lol!

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

[​IMG]

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes yes that is it right there.........:shrug::shrug::shrug:

On a serious note he was a WR as a player.

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're really trying to compare football to parenting :facepalm:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I really don't care, nothing we say or do changes anything :shrug:.

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's funny you never mention Stan Humphries :shrug: