1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    A dumb take :facepalm:, you can criticize the gameplan, but Duck throwing those ints that's on him. Some of his throws were into double coverage :shrug:.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wait didn’t you criticize Cowher for having O’Donnell as his QB? Hmmm....I seem to remember that

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers didn't have much choice but to play Duck, after Mason performance against the Browns and Bengals. Duck was a nice story for a minute, but he couldn't sustain it the rest of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pengvin67

Pengvin67 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    EDIT: When have I treated anyone as a racist? Where's your proof of that? Lol I re-read your post and that caught my attention more the second time. The same white people that I believed 'loved' me before 9.11 were the same ones calling for my head afterwards. I never have or will treat anyone differently because of their skin color, religion, whatever. I will, however, joke about racism, because humor is part of my personality. I will assume, though, when stuff goes down, I have to protect myself and my family because I have no idea what a person is thinking behind closed doors.

Self-defeating? Lol Some of the biggest comedians in the world use race to make money. I'm not trying to make money, but again, I may be the only person on this board knows what it means to have your life threatened because of the color of my skin. You think I care about hurting your feelings? That's silly. You HAVE to assume someone out there may want you dead for no other reason than the color of your skin. If you don't understand that, then you'll never understand racism. I can bring humor into any situation that I want to. If you're offended, go live in a third world country and see what it means to have to scratch out a life. I can live here in the United states and still have to worry about my life. You think I'm going to apologize for believing everyone could be racist? Yeah, right? With all the confederate flags that fly around in the area where I live? Man, get a clue. I'll invite you to come to the worst parts of India, and say hey, don't worry about the 5-10% that absolutely hate you for no reason and you live your life. Good luck.

Secondly, I have friends that are Sikhs and their families lost members of their family because of 9.11 due to hate crimes. So, this isn't your job to police perceived 'racism' on a freaking message board for heaven's sake. You have no idea of what it is and does to families. If you've been a victim, let me hear your story? I want to know what you do to combat racism and how you're helping the people in this country.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Answer this question then....Is it better to build your team through the draft or have to make trades and go the FA route? I already know the answer....The conversation I was having with @STEELWINDS was about how terribly they failed at drafting DBs. The HCs supposed specialty. So it is relevant to what is being discussed. The fact is they failed at drafting DBs. We weren’t talking about the relevancy it has with the current team. You get so defensive with anything Tomlin. The failure of drafting DBs worth their while is there to see if you want to look.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    They were? I didn't see an offense, defense, or special teams. Lol

8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Twist..twist...your comment to a fellow poster who was saying something about Cowher possibly having another SB if it wasn’t for O’Donnell was “ who’s fault was it that he made O’Donnell his QB” Well who’s fault was it Hodges was his QB? On the team? In the game?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Doomed?!? You think 8-8 teams grow on trees? Lol We have had some of the best 8-8 teams in league history! We're really not that far from 8-8 and maybe in another few years we'll be not that far from 8-8. Don't worry about the Super Bowl. Think of 8-8 and you'll see the light.

This post was inspired by the troll in me. but yes, we are doomed if you want a Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Just because the HC was a DB coach fifteen years ago, that's a supposed specialty :shrug:. We all know the team hasn't drafted well in the secondary, I'm not defensive about anything just stating facts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    What the heck are you talking about? O'Donnell was a second round pick, Duck was a UDFA who they probably thought wouldn't play this season as the 3rd string QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This thread is for Tomlin detractors. You are trespassing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    This message board is for Steelers fans, you're trespassing, what's your screen name on the Patriots board? :roflmao:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    GilletteRazor

• Like Like x 2
  15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Maybe if he had a QB coach that would of helped.........but then again who's decision is that........wait let me guess the GM.........Not!!!!! I get the INT's are on Duck the GM or HC didn't throw them but was Duck put into position to win in them game? Did management do all they could when they realised they have 2 very inexperienced players at the most important spot on the field? Did they game plan for a guy who was obviously struggling.......these are the things the position coach(which we had none) and the HC are responsible for. But I get it cause I am dealing in FACTS and it don't support your opinion then it is a dumb take.........whatever!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Thanks for policing my thread! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    He came to us as a defensive coordinator, is speciality is defense and DB's that is pure FACT!!!!!!

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Rudolph has more upside than Hodges, IMO. Better arm, more accurate... but not as mobile. Mobility is really the only area where Duck was better.

19. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    So after reading through all and all and all the pages for threads....

The "trolls" Tomlin detractors are wanting the Steelers to win a Super bowl and feel like the Steelers have had the talent to win a Super Bowl and the Tomlin supporters are happy with 8-8 and feel like Tomlin is the best coach to get us to 8-8 consistently....

That is the essence of the 18 pages....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So being a DB coach his specialty was OL? Yes i DO know they haven’t drafted well in the secondary. Why? Because I’m the one having a conversation with @STEELWINDS about it. What exactly are the facts you’re stating? Oh the same ones I am that you had to chime in and get defensive about. Every time someone brings up something about Tomlin your rabbit ears perk up and go into defensive overdrive. That’s a fact!

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    What am I talking about? Maybe you should figure out what you’re talking about first. Did you not say that it was Cowhers fault for having NO as his QB when he threw the INTs in the SB? Now in another attempt to twist your words you’re bringing information to the conversation that has nothing to do with anything. So I’ll ask...what the heck are you talking about? Cowher had about the same options as Tomlin had as his QB.

CK 13 said:
    Well if O'Dunghead didn't throw a couple of gimme picks might have been a different story. Then on to the playoff pick machine Kordung. Then insert any other scrub. Then comes Ben. Winner.

And Tomlin started his head coaching career with a Franchise QB. Cowher didn't.

Steel6 said...
    And who picked those QBs to be his starting QB?

• Like Like x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Pretty much...lol

23. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    I want the Steelers to win another Super Bowl before I die. Lol If Mike Tomlin can do it, great! I don't hate the guy, and he is a great human being for some of his charity works. But, at the end of the day, we all have X number of years to live, so to press for greatness and high expectations is not a negative. Mike Tomlin has been given almost a decade. Right now we have a Lovie Smith, Tony Dungy (who had immense talent and won 1 super bowl only), Jason Garrett, Dennis Green style coach. I'm not sure that's a good thing. I also compared Mike Ditka in the sense of with the talent the Bears had, having 1 super bowl only raises eyebrows on Ditka's accumen.

• Like Like x 2
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're looking for a argument, and confusing two different topics :facepalm:.

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The defense wasn't the problem this season:shrug: