1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Wasn't who I was thinking of.......

2. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Or maybe they realized the OC has more things to do and with young QB's they need a full time coach for them......:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Which they still had a possibility to win 11 games. Maybe the person making the decision to have Duck on the team should be to blame.....who is that???? Oh that's right we don't want to talk about that right? Come on man you want to blame Duck for losing the last 3 games but don't want to give him credit for getting the team to 8 wins? I openly admit how bad Duck was and Mason too but they got us to 8 wins, Tomlin also got us to 8 wins....it is a team not one person is the reason or to blame. We could have won 11.....could have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes sir this is pro sports we want to be the last team standing, this isn't high school sports where it should be fun. Win or lose I love our Steelers but that doesn't stop me from talking about how to fix it or what is wrong with them. This is a message board filled with all kids of people filled with all kinds of opinions, don't mean one is better than the others. We forget that we all have something in common and that is the Steelers.........and winning the Super Bowl!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yep you sure did.......

6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey thesteeldeal.

Are you freakin' kidding me? Good homework! Wow! I did not know it was that freakin' high/bad! That is "disgusting" as I say around here! I mean "really disgusting". Man, I could go on a rant all day long about that data. Again, just Wow! And Mr. Tomlin is suppose to be a Defensive Guru with a specialty in the Secondary? Once again folks, fact-based not emotion-based.

That is beyond a miss here and there. I will be nice with my next comment which is that....this is near "incompetent". I will also be a little lenient on Tomlin as I would bet that it is more than Tomlin to blame for this fiasco. I am pretty sure that the Scouting Department, Front Office, Defensive Coordinator(s), Secondary Coach(es) and others have their hands in this pot of ill-brewed disaster.

Hey thesteeldeal. Question: Do you know if that data is purely for Cornerbacks or does it include Safeties as well?

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    As I watched the final 4 teams today... couldn't help but notice....

We are doomed.

Steelers are light years away from being championship caliber. It's gonna take several drafts and some good free agent pick ups to get back to the playoffs. We are officially back in the 80's again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    All Corners and Safeties
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/article...sing-due-to-mis-evaluation-of-defensive-backs

9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Things can change very quickly in the NFL. 49ners were a 4-12 team last year. Don't give up hope or belief.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I have to disagree. Steelers are a team that will wallow in mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Whatever thoughts make you happy.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Has it really only been 5 or 6 weeks ago that you were actually optimistic?

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not like you ever post anything worth reading :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey thesteeldeal.

Once again, thank you for the research. My original thought process, as you may know, was I thought your data was just CBs; which is still bad enough. No matter, I still stand by my reaction. I am awe-struck and infuriated! This is just horrible. I really hope that those who judge from emotion have seen your post/data. This is absolutely terrible.

How can there be this many misses? This must be some sort of record. The only one I may add to the list of success, to a degree at that, was Keenan Lewis. However, he took some time to develop, was decent (not great) and did not hang around long anyway. If you remember, he wanted to go, and went "home" to, New Orleans.

As I read the article, and as I suspected and stated, it is not totally Tomlin's fault but rather a compilation of incompetency which makes it even worse. All of these chefs in the kitchen and all of these misses. Article quote in blue.

"It's the clear evidence of a complete and utter failure by Colbert to find impactful defensive backs and Tomlin and his staff to develop the position when they do have something to work with".

Once again, to appease the Tomlin loyalists, I will give credit where it is due. This is because I do not judge off of emotion but rather fact as I have stated. I do give him, and the staff, credit for some great draft choices during his tenure. Given that, and the fact that Defense is suppose to be his area of expertise, especially the Secondary, this is downright unacceptable.

Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow.... I am fading into a state of oblivion!

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The GM is the person who put Duck on the team, he had 6 ints in the games vs the Bills and the Jets.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Now if we could only figure out who told Duck to go out there and throw the ball 38 times vs a top 5 secondary with an all pro db, in a one score game...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think we have a lot of the pieces.

We need improved OL play and consistent QB play, and a creative OC.

Unfortunately I don’t think 2 of those 3 will change next year.

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am sure the HC has nothing to do with it.......:facepalm:

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    ....That was the GM, Fitchner, Ben, WR coach, Oline coach, the vendor in section 134.............

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Pull up some of the old games against the Cheats when he was here...I always watch the games with my one brother... Wow, Did we use to ***** about him...They always destroyed us

21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Back in the 80s? Baldshaw's final years? Going with this take, we shouldn't have to hear about how awesome the Pats are at cheating the system. They doomed all that is revered & sacred about being the champs.

22. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    At the end of the day Ben could still be great next year or drag us through the mud. we could be in solid position for a franchise qb to fall to us next year and have bens 30million to upgrade everything.

The future isn’t super bright but there is definitely hope.

ignoring the coaching of course...

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ooh...ooh...I know who’s fault it wasn’t....or was it.?

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Use a tool to ignore a tool?:smiley1:

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah that was a bad gameplan, and they had Conner run that stupid wildcat in the redzone that led to a fumble :facepalm:.