1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah people wonder why there is blame after the 2019 season well look at the season before.....that is why. No QB coach that is a direct affect of the HC no? Also back ups are the responsibility of the whole coaching staff which in the end is who....the HC. I have said it before MT did a fine job this year due to injuries but that don't erase the years before that. My opinion is this if you didn't can him after 2018 then you can't can him after 2019.....again JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    According to all the NFL analyst on TV that I have seen in the last six months we have the best coach in the NFL I can’t remember the last playoff game has it been three or four years

• Like Like x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Don't you know when we win it is the coach when we lose it is the players.......:facepalm: Man I hate when the same things keep getting said!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That’s the point. The buck should stop with the HC. No QB coach is inexcusable. Maybe a QB coach helps us win one more game this year but sadly it wasn’t realized we needed one until it was too late. Now everyone is jumping on board including the owner who from reports are saying that he made the decision to add one. Better late than never I guess. Yet some around here act like the owner or HC is above any criticism. No QB coach is only one example.

So the way I see it Tomlin did a good job getting them to 8-5 but a bad job in getting them to 8-8 especially when you consider the games they should of found a way to win down the stretch. At the end of the day just like last year we were home for the playoffs. Surely there’s criticism to be found if you choose to look.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I think it boils down to the Rooney's who do not believe in canning anyone. I see half of this board wanting MT gone and other wanting him to stay and both sides have valid reasons. Unfortunately, the only one that matters isn't a member on here and I think the mods should do all they can to change that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    It is because I have analyzed the situation that allowed me to form my own opinion about various aspects of this team. I joined this board to express them if that is alright with you. I don't hate anyone but when I believe we have an opportunity for new and fresher ideas and leadership, why shouldn't I have that opinion and post? I agree that what we say is meaningless (as it pertains to actual influence) so why all the false interpretations of why people post what they want to ? Just because its different from what you think?

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    2017 AFC Championship game. Nice try though.

8. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Enjoy watching those highlights. What was the score in that one? 143-17? Good one

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m convinced that you have to be trolling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Because I call things as they are? Sure bud

• Like Like x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I don't disagree but I just have a problem with letting MT go this year. You bring up great points however as much as I don't think he is a good coach I also don't feel it is right for him to be let go after this season. JMO but that is how I feel, where I am having a problem is Fitch coming back and a shake up on the offensive side of the ball. Adding a QB coach is great but that is not all that needs to be done. I feel these guys showed their true coaching colors last year and it was bad. Yes that reflects MT but he can't do their jobs for them, hence why I feel replacements should have been made.......but not MT. :smiley1:

12. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Doesn't TOMLIN hire these clowns as assistants though?

Well maybe it’s Ben!!

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What’s the purpose of complaining about Tomlin In every single thread.and knocking people who wanna be positive down?
    Just for the sake of the Discussion let’s say I agree with everything you’re saying. No explain to me why you can’t just say it and move on? Why do you have to continue to say the same things over and over?

14. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Why do you have to say the same TOMLIN did a great job over and over. You see this can just go back and forth and back again.....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pengvin67

Pengvin67 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Bro, I am a Steelers fan, but I have loved football since I was 3 years old when I came to this country from India. My parents thought I was crazy for watching football so much. I'm not saying that qualifies me more than you do, but I'm telling you that from what I've seen, a good to great coach would have gotten to more Super Bowls with the talent that he has had. Most coaches don't get the luxury of a Big Ben type talent and honestly, Tomlin didn't get the most out of him. Big Ben makes the same mistakes at times and is at fault, but the coach should be holding players accountable, don't you think? Why does Big Ben have so many interceptions in critical situations as well? (Ie, against the Patriots/Broncos, throwing picks at the 3 to 4 yard line)? Can a coach not try to communicate to the player that hey man, don't turn it over we get to OT at least. That's our goal. The problem with Tomlin is he can't hold players accountable and that leads to player mistakes and that leads to losses. Is it hard to tell Big Ben, listen buddy, no turnovers in the red zone. Keep that in Big Ben's mind. Tomlin just stands there and doesn't do anything that appears to me as progress. The players keep making the same mistakes over and over and over. It's pretty silly to see the same scenarios play out every year.

Is Barry Switzer a great coach? He won a Super Bowl. How about Brian Billick? He won a Super Bowl. How about Jon Gruden? Tony Dungy? George Seifert? Mike Ditka. They've all won Super Bowls but some had it easier than others, wouldn't you agree? Doug Pederson beat the Patriots in a Super Bowl. That outweighs anything that Tomlin has done. Eli Manning beat the Patriots twice. You know why he could, because a coach told him how to manage the game. That's what I evaluate when I make the judgement on a coach. You have to and I mean HAVE to watch other teams. How can you make judgements if you watch 1 steelers game a week for 13 years? You're just looking at it from a tunnel. I'm looking at it from watching mostly every team regularly and watching replays. That's how you gather information, and that's how you make a case. I can't argue with you because you don't have enough knowledge of other teams, so all my examples of how other teams show greatness means little to you. All you can respond with is what Mike Tomlin has done. You're not seeing what potential was actually missed out.

I'll give you an example in regards to Mike Ditka. He won a Super Bowl and had the greatest defense the league has seen. He won ONLY 1 super bowl. He's not considered a great coach at all. When you have a certain amount of talent you have to translate overwhelming talent into more than just regular season wins. Otherwise you're Marty Schottenheimer. I'll say, however, Marty is way better than Mike Tomlin having not even won a Super Bowl. Tomlin had a very, very favorable schedule to win the Super Bowl. It wasn't anything amazing. Am I being harsh? No. Pete Carrill destroyed the Broncos in a super bowl. That's A+++ work by a coach. Again, you have to watch other teams, coaches, players to make a statement on Tomlin. Otherwise you're thinking inside the box only. I've been giving very specific examples to you about other teams, coaches, specific games, players and all you come back with is Tomlin did this and that. But nothing specific as how he coached the team that NO other coach could do. Cowher's run in 2005 was HISTORY-making. Meaning it made history. :) Give me a Tomlin HISTORY-making moment. The non-losing record spin also means he didn't have a winning season either. Kid brings home Cs on his report card and he says well I've never gotten less than a C on my report card. Honestly, how is that a proud moment?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    No one is a troll man. 8-8 may not be a losing season, but it isn't a winning season either, is it? So why be proud? What actually makes you proud of a team that has 11-5 to 13-3 talent that finishes 8-8? I really don't know why there is such a proud feeling of that. Even Bengals fans would be silly to keep shouting about Marvin Lewis making the playoffs 7 out of 11 years. They were sniffing Super Bowls, as well, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    I like this jujubean....He knows something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Humor much?

Meaning, you call people "fool" for no good reason then? You'd make a great lawyer. FOOL, I told you my client was innocent! Great trial lawyer.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They had the best QB at the time playing at a high level still in Rodgers.

20. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Hall-of-Fame worthy. But can't beat Tebow and Bortles in the playoffs. Lol When it MATTERS! Mike Tomlin is maybe 1 step above Barry Switzer, but yes, the fans are very forgiving on this board for mediocrity. I'm telling you bro, these fans will let the Steelers become the Bengals and they don't even know it.....Sad sad sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Shut up troll

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And Cowher lost to freaking Stan Humphries at home in the AFCCG, the Steelers were big favorites and lost to one of the worst SB teams ever in San Diego.

23. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Ha. You're funny! :) By the way, tell me what a troll is? I'm from India.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah because a QB coach was going to make Duck have a stronger arm :facepalm:

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Google it :hehehe: