1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Last Night

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Maker

Maker New Member

Aug 10, 2019
    What did you guys think of Isaiah Buggs last night?

2. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    That's a good analysis of Snell. On the post game show Charlie Batch was very impressed with Snell's pass blocking and he how he saved a couple of sacks from happening with blitz pick-ups.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not many talking about Samuels but I thought he looked good when used. He's quick for a guy his size. He is going to help the o a bunch.

Sutton looked pretty good on d.

Bush is fast. He needs to quit taking guys on high because he's not strong enough. He made tackles by wrapping up legs. Which is a good way to tackle. A swarming defense will be our saving grace to help counter the lack of size so the speed addition to the d will help that.

Ola looks aggressive. I think may out play bud at this point in the run game as well as pass rush. Coverage may be different but once he gets that we will have something.

Many things to clean up this week but I like the speed and aggressiveness of the defense. Multiple guys on the tackles. Even alualu looked quicker this year.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. somedude

somedude Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Nothing major but Snell had a great first down to set up a TD and a couple of good blitz pickups. Basically knocked a linebacker off his feet.

Dont know if his vid will work. New here.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Dobbs can run. Mason can throw , can we keep him?
    Washington came to play. Ola and Bush! Bush is always where the ball is, and fast!
    Snell needs a few games at this level before we know.
    Layne, oh no, not again. (Chicken legs)

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Works fine - welcome to the board!

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    True. But for some reason I got this feeling Belicheck would snap up Hodges (if he's cut) whereas Dobbs I don't see teams making a run at.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, that vid worked fine Excellent blitz pickup by Snell. Stopped him dead in his tracks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    My thoughts are that Dirty Red was clearly the best player on the field last night.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So if you thought Snell would be better and he was disappointing then you weren’t really spot on?

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    So far... I'm leaning towards Rudolph for #2. Rudolph seems to be more accurate at this point. Adeniyi already looks better than Dupree, IMO. Chickillo looks improved too.. he was around the ball quite a bit. OLB and ILB may not be as dire as we thought. Gentry looks like he can catch, but he'll have to block a lot, too. We'll see.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Cut him some slack. I thought it was a really good analysis...………..for someone who's boycotting!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I know he was involved in at least 1 good play. I'm rooting for him to make the roster. I think he offers a bit more than Mondeaux, Sheeby, Gilmore and maybe even Hooks.

14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Spot on where it mattered. O-line was make shift with 2nd and 3rd stringers playing out of position. I'm not going to give up on Snell just yet but he was disappointing in Game 1.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    1. Bush is for real
    2. James Washington is ready to take the next step
    3. Want to see more of Ulysses Gilbert and tuzar skipper with the 1's and 2's
    4. Don't sleep on Devlin Hodges

16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I got to sit by Devin Bush's family, I moved down from my higher up seats, only because 50% of the people come to a pre-season game anymore.

So I moved down to the field level with my kids to some empty seats, and ended up sitting by his friends and family members, they were going crazy, it made a pre-season game a little more fun.

• Like Like x 3
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think he has a chance to be the sixth DL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1