1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thought on Bell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by R2sojr, Mar 9, 2018.

1. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Hello Everyone,

After banging my head against the wall from the Bell situation, I thought of something.

Do you think Bell is purposely pricing himself high to get the fully guaranteed FT? I’m just thinking that he’s had 2 major injuries, (which is not good for RB and he’s knows it) last year make 12.5 fully guaranteed and this year will make 14.5 fully guaranteed, all he talks about is wanting a lot more guaranteed money upfront. I feel like he’s trying to play the front office but their not budging. I know players want all the can upfront, but any possibility he’s getting himself tagged on purpose?

I honestly would rather let him walk, grab another RB and spend that money on the defense but who knows anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If he could holdout this year without a contract he would make 18 mill in a 3rd year tag if they are stupid enough to tag him again, that would mean he makes 45M in 3 years and gets to miss 3 training camps, they have to pay 144% of his prior years salary on a 3rd year tag, and after that tag, he will then be a free agent to sign with any team for lets say 4 years 50M and he just made 95 M total, I dont think they would pay him 18 M next year, but they seem to want him here more than any player I can remember....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They Tagged Max Starks two years in a row.

• Like Like x 1