1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Those are not rookie mistakes . . .

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Oct 24, 2022.

1. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Got it. That very well may end up being the case, but they need to give the guy a chance. There's been some really bad QB play by a lot of supposed elite QBs this season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Like who?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The stat line will show the interceptions..but without making excuses we need to see them individually. Some are just rookie ignorance, others just bonehead plays, some can be just errors..wr or tipped pass..a couple desperation hail Mary. It's all part of the game and hopefully the first two categories diminish as he gets game experience, adjusts to NFL speed etc. Its the lack of scheme and consistency in play calling that has me concerned. With Ben they divided the field into thirds..drew a plan and were successful. Helped that the run game was successful.

Been listening to a lot of talk, and the general consensus is a few games into the 2nd season the lights go on, I have no problem staying the course and seeing what KP will do..bumpy ride and all, but there needs to be a change in direction with who is setting up the game plan.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Rodgers, Stafford, Brady, Wilson, to name a few

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yeah, I'm worried a tad. Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish the organization would have given thought to Ben's replacement 2-3 drafts ago. We most likely were not high in the draft so not sure who would have been available.

6. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I knew exactly who you were going to go to. Rodgers and Brady are both well past their primes. Their still some of the best and both right now if they retired are first ballot hall of famers. You cannot compare what's going on with them to Pickett. Plus that's not who Pickett will be worrying about the next 10 plus yrs. Wilson is similar. While not as old as the other 2 it's clear he's no longer in his prime but he as well is already a hall of famer. Stafford while not in the class of the other 3 did just win a sb.. idk why you're comparing any of them and what they're doing to Pickett who has proven zero.

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I thought they should have waited for this yr. I'd take any of the top guys this yr 10x over Pickett.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Three starts.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So which former player told you to think this? Are you still on O'Sullivan's analysis? That was your evidence back when he was drafted. Of course, that would suggest you think J.T. O'Sullivan knows more about playing quarterback in the NFL than Kurt Warner, who praised the pick.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You're right about one thing. He hasn't proven anything. That goes both ways.

12. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Ummmm 3rd game for pickett and that's not rookie mistakes?

Furthermore why you bring up....

Rodgers.
    First year bench
    Second year one game 4 for 12 for 30 yards. Zero TD. 3 sacks.
    Third year one game 18 for 26 four 200 yards 1TD.

Mahomes
    First year one game threw almost 300. Rating though was around what Kenny is for his 3 games.

Brady
    first year one game. 6 yards
    Second year full season. But first 4 game had a rating like pickett.

So now I'm going to ask do you even look at who you compare pickett to? Or do you just go for hot names?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Wasn't comparing him at all..the general question was there has been some bad play out of established qbs..and there has been. If I was to compare I would look at recent rookie qbs, but even that is not the issue as some have come into a more fluid situation, others the team sucked.

My only opinion with Kenny is they made a choice, then made a choice to start him. Now you make the best of it and hope they provide him the support to succeed, and he learns from.his mistakes and makes the proper corrections. I'm not looking for playoffs or even wins at this point, but seeing how he adjusts to not only the game, but the adversity in failures.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The fact that every single credible draft analyst, website, etc.. has and will have all those guys with far better draft grades then Pickett has. He praise the pick for this yr. That does not mean Pickett is better than the top guys coming out this yr.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I've had this stance prior to the draft. Also one start for mahomes was all nearly the whole chiefs organization said it took them to see he was special. So one start can prove a lot.

16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    canada sucks and blows - at the SAME TIME. last year it was Bens fault, this year Kenny's, they would have blamed Monica in 1996....

• Like Like x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Then don’t watch

Or was your post just attention seeking

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I guess Kurt Warner didn't know the Steelers could take a quarterback the next year. At least that is your logic.

Just say it. You think J.T. O'Sullivan knows more about being an NFL quarterback than Kurt Warner. Own it already.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Chiefs believed in Mahomes long before one start with no stakes at the end of a season.

20. waywardson

waywardson Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Yea you got me, i needa hug!

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Idek what JT osullivan said so that has no bearing on what I'm saying. When judging a draft pick in a current draft when does anyone ever use the next year's draft to grade a pick in a current draft? You have to deal with what's in front of you when judging that in a position of someone like Kurt Warner. There's a reason no qb needy team traded up nor anyone took Pickett high when in this draft it's no question no matter who gets the first pick that a qb will be taken either by them or the first pick team trading out.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You're right. Kelce said they knew the first day in practice. Pickett has played games. Why don't I hear anyone already calling him special?

23. waywardson

Sep 19, 2022
    I will b happy for her, her team has been riddled with controversy forever, philly looks good, they ballin! Happy wife!!!!

24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    we were down 6 points. That doesn’t exactly require a spectacular comeback

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. waywardson

Sep 19, 2022
    Gotta give the guy a chance, geez, you dont buy experience onna shelf at Home depot,he will b fine, give him this year!