1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This team is the polar opposite of the Cowher era Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Oct 26, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He was a good CB developed by Tomlin. I know he was drafted by Cowher, but he was benched in Cowher’s last year. So he wasn’t being developed all that good till Tomlin came along.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ike was washed up by then

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Troy won DPOY under Tomlin :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    When did Arians publicly say he was more important than them? I don't recall that ever happening.

5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

We fired him. Same goes for Todd Haley.

The two best offensive coordinators we have had under Tomlin were both fired and quickly gobbled up. Arians went on to basically kick everyone's ass since he left. Coach of the year at Indy. Kicked ass in AZ and of course won SB's in Tampa. I think one could argue he's the best coach in the NFL right now.

Arians drove me nuts because I always thought he wanted to drive the offense 100mph which lead to a lot of mistakes and inconsistency. That said we did score points. I thought the sloppiness was from Arians high fllying offenses... turned out I was wrong... it was Tomlin's culture that was the issue. The proof is in the results... Every team Arians coached since he left has been a SB contender. IMO it really shows how avg Tomlin is as a coach. Look at our teams since Arians left. The contrast is shocking. IMO Arians and Haley along with Ben carried Tomlin. They left and the offense crumbled. Total failure in the postseason. Butler finally got some talent and he has since carried the team. You need a true leader to consistently win and win in the postseason. This team doesn't have one. We need an OC that is a strong leader. Butler has his unit doing what they can with no depth.

Whiz was my favorite OC but he was hired by Cowher.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He was a Tomlin assistant and he was woo’d by several teams. I meet the criteria Disco set out.

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Arians only looks good because he has Brady, he couldn't even make the playoffs with Jameis Winston, best coach in the NFL nah.

• Agree Agree x 1